F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > Why can't we say whatever we want in any thread we want with no accountability?
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

08-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #1
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

[Post Content Removed]
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13003.00
      08-26-2020, 12:46 PM   #2
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterino View Post
...if we're not even allowed to express that the brand is going in the wrong direction as REAL OWNERS, then what's the point of even having a forum?
At the end of the day it's all about $$$. They want to quash any negatively in hopes that it won't adversely affect sales. I don't agree with it and I find it ethically disturbing and problematic.

We're always told around here, "BMW is listening to its customers". To that I ask, then why are we being censored?
Appreciate 7
stein_325i25044.00
GuyOh1064.00
J-RO2055.50
F32Fleet3526.00
      08-26-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Quote:
...if we're not even allowed to express that the brand is going in the wrong direction as REAL OWNERS, then what's the point of even having a forum?
At the end of the day it's all about $$$. They want to quash any negatively in hopes that it won't adversely affect sales. I don't agree with it and I find it ethically disturbing and problematic.

We're always told around here, "BMW is listening to its customers". To that I ask, then why are we being censored?
Well for all I care, they can simply highlight all of my posts about my 228 that I loved, my M240 that I loved, and my current M2 competition which I love and smile about every time I drive it, look at it, or think about it. I guess they just don't want me potentially cross shopping for people like my wife who might be interested in the brand. I guess I'll just stay in my lane in the M2C forum where I do nothing but boost popularity and cheerlead the brand.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 01:26 PM   #4
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
And for what it's worth, I'm curious the % of members who are actually brand purchasers. I'm in my 3rd BMW in a row, and if we're not even allowed to express that the brand is going in the wrong direction as REAL OWNERS, then what's the point of even having a forum?
I had a BMW employee tell me that the people "who really buy" these cars like the new look. That may be true but it's a weird way to discount my opinion considering that person knows I have owned or leased 7 BMWs so far...clearly I put my money where my mouth is when I like what BMW is putting out.
Appreciate 2
OG///M1002.00
      08-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #5
OG///M
Always +10MPH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
I had a BMW employee tell me that the people "who really buy" these cars like the new look. That may be true but it's a weird way to discount my opinion considering that person knows I have owned or leased 7 BMWs so far...clearly I put my money where my mouth is when I like what BMW is putting out.
And this is where you should prove him wrong by showing up with a different branded car.

I really respected BMW as a brand up til 2 years ago. They weren't perfect and they had hiccups but overall their portfolio was an enthusiasts dream.
Now look at it. Bunch of heavy, numb, huge, SUVs, GTs, FWDs, automatics with questionable styling.

I hope all of you that say you don't like what BMW is doing now, don't go out a year later and buy one because "it grew on me"

Personally I was really looking forward to getting into a new 3 or 4 series as a daily, but I'll be looking at used F3x or older and Audi/Merc now.

Last edited by OG///M; 08-26-2020 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-26-2020, 02:52 PM   #6
Graves
Sicario
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank.m2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
And this is where you should prove him wrong by showing up with a different branded car.

I really respected BMW as a brand up til 2 years ago. They weren't perfect and they had hiccups but overall their portfolio was an enthusiasts dream.
Now look at it. Bunch of heavy, numb, huge, SUVs, GTs, FWDs, automatics with questionable styling.

I hope all of you that say you don't like what BMW is doing now, don't go out a year later and buy one because "it grew on me"

Personally I was really looking forward to getting into a new 3 or 4 series as a daily, but I'll be looking at used F3x or older and Audi/Merc now.
I'm moving on to Audi after my F80.
OG///M1002.00
      08-26-2020, 03:47 PM   #7
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
if we're not even allowed to express that the brand is going in the wrong direction as REAL OWNERS, then what's the point of even having a forum?
You can express your opinions as freely as you like, you just have to follow forum rules. Without some degree of order, the forum would be over-run by trolls and others with malicious intent. The vast majority of Bimmerpost forum members (and members of any community, online or otherwise for that matter) understand and appreciate this reality. That's why the vast majority of folks respect the terms of use.

Anger is a strong emotion, and it can lead to bad results. And not every troll out there knows they are a troll. I wish you the best in finding your way.

Quote:
how is this guy allowed to moderate?
I guess you didn't appreciate wit as a foil to your personally targeted attack. Anyway, I understand words can hurt, so here's my public apology: Even though it was expressed privately, I'm sorry for the retort. I should have simply banned you from the outset.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13147.00
chenry2340.50
      08-26-2020, 04:04 PM   #8
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
It's easy to put claims that this is about censorship to rest. If the goal were to keep people from expressing opinions about grills, we wouldn't have an entire thread dedicated to that very topic:

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1744856

While its true that there is no such thread in the G2x 4 Series forum, there are plenty of other threads in that forum where such opinions have been and continue to be shared.

That being said, for clarity, I will create a similar thread in the G2x forum where all opinions - negative, positive, neutral, or whatever else - about the new 4 Series grill can be discussed. This way, users who want to be part of that conversation can do so, and users that do not want to can easily avoid it.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread