F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > B48/B46 F & G series are now supported by MG Flasher
Studio RSR

11-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #1
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

B48/B46 F & G series are now supported by MG Flasher

Support for BMW B46 and B48 engines in F-series and G-series vehicles has now been added to MG Flasher!

We are happy to announce OTS maps stage 1 and stage 2 are now available for selected models. The amount of time and dedication we received from our beta testing team is unreal, we are so grateful for their support! Our staff and team of beta testers spent many hours on the dyno, street and track. They went through extensive testing and logging in many different climate zones to bring you safe and reliable software.

Here are the power levels we have seen on dyno runs:
184 hp model:
Stage 1 up to 290 hp and 420 Nm (310 ft-lb), delta of 95 hp and 138 Nm (102 ft-lb) from stock.
Stage 2 up to 325 hp and 450 Nm (332 ft-lb), delta of 130 hp and 168 Nm (124 ft-lb) from stock.
252 hp model:
Stage 1 up to 290 hp and 420 Nm (310 ft-lb), delta of 38 hp and 70 Nm (52 ft-lb) from stock.
Stage 2 up to 330 hp and 460 Nm (339 ft-lb), delta of 78 hp and 110 Nm (81 ft-lb) from stock.

Models with OPF (gasoline particulate filter) are also supported on stage 1 OTS maps.

Hybrid models are still under beta testing and will be released soon.

Stage 2 requirements: Transmission tuning recommended due to the torque limiter at 440 Nm (325 ft-lb). A high flow catalytic converter or catless downpipe is required. OPF filter must be removed. Please make sure to select appropriate options in MG Flasher during the flashing process.

The process is quick and easy, download MG Flasher App, connect to your car, purchase a flashing license and map, select ECU unlock, select which map to flash and you are done! Take advantage of fast flashing through an ENET cable which is supported with our most recent release, allowing users to change OTS maps in 15-20 seconds! The entire process takes under 10 minutes when using ENET. You can find detailed instructions in our user manual and connection guide on our website or in our app.

You will be able to enjoy all the features currently available on other MG Flasher tunes. Depending on your vehicle, this includes switchable maps on-the-fly, dynamic exhaust burble also adjustable on-the-fly, cold start elimination, catalytic converter delete, OPF delete, speed limiter removal and custom map flashing. Custom tuners using our platform and working with Tuner Pro will get access to XDF files soon (under development). These features are included with our flashing license and map pack at no additional cost!

*Switchable maps “on the fly” are currently supported only on F-Series vehicles. G-Series “on the Fly options” are in development. G-Series require a 15 -20 second reflash (when using ENET) to switch maps.

Supported B46 and B48 models**:
BMW 120i F20
BMW 230i F22
BMW 320i 330i F30 F31 F34 (G20 soon)
BMW 420i 430i F32 F33 F34 F36
BMW 530i G30
BMW X3 20i 30i G01
BMW X4 30i G02
**If you have a B46/B48 engine (184 hp or 252 hp model) and your vehicle is not shown on this list, please contact us directly for support. Hybrids are not available yet.

Visit our website for more information at mgflasher.com

Download the App from Google Play now to unlock the power!

Stay tuned!

MG Flasher offers products intended only for competition racing/off-road use which may not be road legal in your region. MG Flasher accepts no responsibility for compliance with vehicle’s factory warranty or road legality.

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 04-09-2020 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
pops430i325ci
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 325CI; 2018 F33 430i

Is there no upgraded Intercooler required for the Stage 2 map on the 252 hp model? If not what kind of temperatures are you seeing?
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #3
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
No upgraded chargepipe needed either for B46?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 12:18 PM   #4
MilanF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i

They have water-to-air intercooler which can handle the heat
Appreciate 1
chowser511993.00
      12-19-2019, 10:20 AM   #5
lefthander
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

what's the stage 1 boost pressure?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 02:06 PM   #6
Dronamashina
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthander View Post
what's the stage 1 boost pressure?
Around 16.5 psi of peak boost.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 01:45 PM   #7
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher on iOS has been released! Download the App and tune your BMW!

We are excited to announce support for Apple devices has now been added to MG Flasher! Now you can choose between an Android or iOS device to flash your B48/B58 equipped BMW. If you already use our software on Android, youÂ’ll now have access to your purchased licenses on the iOS platform as well, and vice versa!

App Store Link

MG Flasher is a mobile application developed to provide OBD tuning capability of F & G series BMWs equipped with the B48 or B58 engine. The tuning process is simple; download the App, connect an ENET Wi-Fi adapter or ENET cable and flash any of our offered OTS maps to meet your specific vehicleÂ’s needs. Flashing time is 15 - 20 seconds, and the entire unlocking process takes 4 - 6 minutes when using ENET! You can find detailed instructions in our user manual and connection guide on our website or inside the application itself.

All the tuning features available on Android are now available on iOS. Depending on your vehicle, this includes on-the-fly switchable mapping, burbles on-the-fly, cold start delete, speed limiter removal and custom map flashing for custom tuners using our platform. All these features are included with your purchase of a flashing license!

On-the-fly switchable mapping is currently only supported on F-Series vehicles. Support for G-series is planned for our next release. Furthermore, the next update will provide F & G series with additional unique features from our custom code.

We strive to deliver you a product that is both user intuitive and well designed. Something that breaks the norm of what ECU tuning is and raising the bar within the tuning industry. Our goal is simple; deliver a dynamic solution that allow you to get the best possible experience out of your vehicle. Support will continue to be built for newer platforms as they emerge, and we will continue to innovate and provide quality customer service to all users. Thank you for the support, stay tuned for more updates!

Warm Regards,
The MG Flasher Team

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 02-18-2020 at 04:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 12:50 PM   #8
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

ENET Wi-Fi adapters are highly recommended

Initial response from iOS users suggest that iPhone 11 Pro devices only support using official ethernet lightning adapters. If you don't already own the official adapter, we highly recommend purchasing an ENET Wi-Fi adapter that costs less and connects wirelessly.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2020, 02:40 PM   #9
PuroMexicano
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320i Sport Line 2017

excellent!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2020, 12:17 AM   #10
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 330e M Sport

Any idea when there will be a release for the 330e?
Thanks
      01-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #11
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
Any idea when there will be a release for the 330e?
Thanks
I see you contacted us via email: support@mgflasher.com

For others that are wondering the same thing, development is well underway so we can expect official support for 330e and other B48 hybrids soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #12
acevesf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i Gran Coupe

Anybody with a B46 tried MG yet?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 01:29 AM   #13
hybris
Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e F30 M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
I see you contacted us via email: support@mgflasher.com

For others that are wondering the same thing, development is well underway so we can expect official support for 330e and other B48 hybrids soon.
Will there be burbles? There has been some struggles with burble on other platforms for 330e.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 06:19 AM   #14
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybris View Post
Will there be burbles? There has been some struggles with burble on other platforms for 330e.
Apparently there will be burbles. I'm going to be one of their beta testers for the 330e. Currently waiting on my custom beta map. Hopefully Tuesday I'll have it on the car. They're currently working on it. Although I did mention that on the 330e there is no stop start system like the 320i. So there's is no stop / start button above the ignition option as you know. They use the stop start button as part of the procedure to change the burbles on the fly. MG are going to try come up with a alternative procedure to allow this, otherwise the ECU will have to be flashed every time to make changes. Which isn't a big deal as it doesn't take long to do.
Can't wait to experience their remap for the first time and to compare it to the DTUK fsr+ box I had on the car. .🤞🏻
Appreciate 1
hybris204.50
      02-15-2020, 03:04 PM   #15
F30 but I like subies too
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:

We are excited to announce support for Apple devices has now been added to MG Flasher! Now you can choose between an Android or iOS device to flash your B48/B58 equipped BMW. If you already use our software on Android, youÂ’ll now have access to your purchased licenses on the iOS platform as well, and vice versa!

App Store Link

MG Flasher is a mobile application developed to provide OBD tuning capability of F & G series BMWs equipped with the B48 or B58 engine. The tuning process is simple; download the App, connect an ENET Wi-Fi adapter or ENET cable and flash any of our offered OTS maps to meet your specific vehicleÂ’s needs. Flashing time is 15 - 20 seconds, and the entire unlocking process takes 4 - 6 minutes when using ENET! You can find detailed instructions in our user manual and connection guide on our website or inside the application itself.

All the tuning features available on Android are now available on iOS. Depending on your vehicle, this includes on-the-fly switchable mapping, burbles on-the-fly, cold start delete, speed limiter removal and custom map flashing for custom tuners using our platform. All these features are included with your purchase of a flashing license!

On-the-fly switchable mapping is currently only supported on F-Series vehicles. Support for G-series is planned for our next release. Furthermore, the next update will provide F & G series with additional unique features from our custom code.

We strive to deliver you a product that is both user intuitive and well designed. Something that breaks the norm of what ECU tuning is and raising the bar within the tuning industry. Our goal is simple; deliver a dynamic solution that allow you to get the best possible experience out of your vehicle. Support will continue to be built for newer platforms as they emerge, and we will continue to innovate and provide quality customer service to all users. Thank you for the support, stay tuned for more updates!

Warm Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
hi I purchased the K+dcan cable from mg flasher link and the usbc adapter, I plugged everything in with ignition on and seatbelt in and all that, my car is a 2016 320i xdrive which is supported, I have a galaxy s9 as well. I plug everything in and it keeps on saying [exception not supported]. Please help
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2020, 03:42 PM   #16
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30 but I like subies too View Post
hi I purchased the K+dcan cable from mg flasher link and the usbc adapter, I plugged everything in with ignition on and seatbelt in and all that, my car is a 2016 320i xdrive which is supported, I have a galaxy s9 as well. I plug everything in and it keeps on saying [exception not supported]. Please help
You might want to email MG flasher support. They'll have your ECU information now and might need to amend a map file to suit you car.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:45 AM   #17
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

I've tested the enet adaptor and it connects to the car. When I connect the enet cable to my phone, I loose WiFi and the mobile network. I tried turning WiFi back on but it doesn't connect. Also my mobile network also disconnects when I connect the enet cable to my phone. I've tried it with flight mode and then turning on the WiFi. Still no success. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Hopefully I'll have the map available today.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 04:35 PM   #18
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdub View Post
I've tested the enet adaptor and it connects to the car. When I connect the enet cable to my phone, I loose WiFi and the mobile network. I tried turning WiFi back on but it doesn't connect. Also my mobile network also disconnects when I connect the enet cable to my phone. I've tried it with flight mode and then turning on the WiFi. Still no success. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Anyone have any ideas?

Hopefully I'll have the map available today.
As mentioned in a response to your email, it is perfectly normal to not have internet access when connecting to the car. Your phone is being directed to connect to the vehicle's network instead of the internet. This is necessary in order to flash the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 04:39 PM   #19
jcdub
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep

Hi Jarek.
Yes Szymon was good enough to fill me in on how it works. Thanks for the reply. I'm aware your working on a tune for my car. Looking forward to it when it becomes available....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 08:55 PM   #20
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

BMW Logger - unit conversions and new parameters added

BMW Logger - unit conversions and new parameters added
Update version 204

MG Flasher has an updated logger available for your BMW. You can now independently select from metric to imperial units for a given measurement type. We have added PSI, AFR, lb-ft, °F and a few others to the unit options. The date in log filename has been standardized to “Apr-04-2020_04:20:20PM” format, it will also include stage and map information.

More ECUs have become supported in the logger. We added more RAM variables to log including: Engine Oil Temperature, Vehicle Speed, Fuel Tank Level, Target Engine Temperature, Intercooler Pump Speed. If this wasn’t enough, you can now import custom RAM variables in *.CSV format (targeted towards custom tuners and enthusiasts) and live gauges have adjusted font size for better legibility.

For those with four-cylinder engines (B46/B48), we have removed unnecessary logging of cylinders 5 and 6 for improved sample rates (six-cylinder engines (B58) are unaffected).

We can’t wait to release our next update featuring new custom code version 3 (CCv3). Look out for another post with more details soon!

Warm Regards,
The MG Flasher Team

MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 02-27-2020 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 10:19 PM   #21
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Custom Code v3 delivers optimal performance with Max Cooling for your BMW!

MG Flasher update ver. 207

Introducing MG Flasher’s latest feature: Max Cooling On-The-Fly. With a simple button combination sequence, you can enable the Max Cooling option without re-flashing the car!

There will now be two option available for cooling your engine: Regular cooling and Max Cooling. Use “regular cooling” with regular driving, then switch to “Max Cooling” with a quick and easy button sequence. Max Cooling is achieved by lowering the target engine temperature and increasing the target intercooler coolant volume flow.

Watch the movie and see how it works!

The update will require to reflash your ECU using newest MG Flasher ver. 207. You will be presented with popup information when flashing (custom code update to v3.3). Before flashing, there will be a few options to select. “Cooling” will enable you to choose the “Regular Target Engine Temperature” as preferable for everyday driving - that is set when Max Cooling On-The-Fly is not enabled. This will then allow you to enable adjustable “Max Cooling On-The-Fly” which will present two sliders: “Max Cooling Target Engine Temperature” and “Max Cooling Target Intercooler Coolant Volume Flow” both settings used when Max Cooling On-The-Fly is on.

Target engine temperature and intercooler coolant volume flow will change between your slider settings (configured before flashing) and the default values when toggling Max Cooling On-The-Fly. OEM target engine temperature is 110°C and the OEM intercooler coolant volume flow is 1500 L/h under full load operation. You can adjust the values from 90°C - 110°C and from 1500 L/h – 1800 L/h.
• To enable Max Cooling On-The-Fly – Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the Dome Light button twice within 2.5 seconds - check engine light will blink twice as a confirmation.
• To disable Max Cooling On-The-Fly – Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the Dome Light button twice within 2.5 seconds - check engine light will blink once as a confirmation.

Please note: Max Cooling is currently only available on F-series and supported B48, B58 engines. Support for G-series is just around the corner! Switchable ethanol maps will be temporarily unavailable until next update which will allow you to switch between multiple maps On-The-Fly!

We also added an indicator when switching Burble Levels. The engine light will blink twice to provide confirmation that you’ve successfully adjusted your burble settings On-The-Fly. See the User Manual for more details. Just another example of how MG Flasher improves user experience.

There are plenty more exclusive features, including switchable maps, coming soon to MG Flasher for your BMW F&G series B46, B48 and B58 engines. Our team @MG Flasher is working hard towards new innovative ideas and solutions to make your overall driving experience more enjoyable.

Stay Tuned!
The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 03-03-2020 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 12:23 AM   #22
Nd0udoinwork
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red 328i XDrive

Quote:

MG Flasher update ver. 207

Introducing MG Flasher's latest feature: Max Cooling On-The-Fly. With a simple button combination sequence, you can enable the Max Cooling option without re-flashing the car!

There will now be two option available for cooling your engine: Regular cooling and Max Cooling. Use "regular cooling" with regular driving, then switch to "Max Cooling" with a quick and easy button sequence. Max Cooling is achieved by lowering the target engine temperature and increasing the target intercooler coolant volume flow.

Watch the movie and see how it works!

The update will require to reflash your ECU using newest MG Flasher ver. 207. You will be presented with popup information when flashing (custom code update to v3.3). Before flashing, there will be a few options to select. "Cooling" will enable you to choose the "Regular Target Engine Temperature" as preferable for everyday driving - that is set when Max Cooling On-The-Fly is not enabled. This will then allow you to enable adjustable "Max Cooling On-The-Fly" which will present two sliders: "Max Cooling Target Engine Temperature" and "Max Cooling Target Intercooler Coolant Volume Flow" both settings used when Max Cooling On-The-Fly is on.

Target engine temperature and intercooler coolant volume flow will change between your slider settings (configured before flashing) and the default values when toggling Max Cooling On-The-Fly. OEM target engine temperature is 110°C and the OEM intercooler coolant volume flow is 1500 L/h under full load operation. You can adjust the values from 90°C - 110°C and from 1500 L/h – 1800 L/h.
• To enable Max Cooling On-The-Fly – Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the Dome Light button twice within 2.5 seconds - check engine light will blink twice as a confirmation.
• To disable Max Cooling On-The-Fly – Switch to Sport Mode + via the Driver Experience Switch and push the Dome Light button twice within 2.5 seconds - check engine light will blink once as a confirmation.

Please note: Max Cooling is currently only available on F-series and supported B48, B58 engines. Support for G-series is just around the corner! Switchable ethanol maps will be temporarily unavailable until next update which will allow you to switch between multiple maps On-The-Fly!

We also added an indicator when switching Burble Levels. The engine light will blink twice to provide confirmation that you've successfully adjusted your burble settings On-The-Fly. See the User Manual for more details. Just another example of how MG Flasher improves user experience.

There are plenty more exclusive features, including switchable maps, coming soon to MG Flasher for your BMW F&G series B46, B48 and B58 engines. Our team @MG Flasher is working hard towards new innovative ideas and solutions to make your overall driving experience more enjoyable.

Stay Tuned!
The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com
anything coming for the n20/n55 or are you guys a b5x gen only.
Appreciate 0