F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Anyone running the Spool Performance Wireless Ethanol Analyzer Kit?
GetBMWParts

11-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #23
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Thanks. I have seen the analyzer with the two holes to mount it. However the one that I have from spool matches the one on their site, and it doesn’t have any holes. I guess I will figure it out once I get down there.
I emailed these guys multiple times with no replies... I wanted to order a kit for my N55 but the lack of communication has me worried.
      11-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #24
NEWTRON
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
I emailed these guys multiple times with no replies... I wanted to order a kit for my N55 but the lack of communication has me worried.
DM them on ig. They're pretty quick on there. I got a response in about 10 minutes
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #25
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
I usually just call them when I had questions. Always easier to have a conversation on the phone.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2020, 12:49 PM   #26
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
I usually just call them when I had questions. Always easier to have a conversation on the phone.
I was going to do that but they don't have a telephone number listed on their website...
      11-19-2020, 01:03 PM   #27
randyf32
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 435I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenpuref3p View Post
The sensor it self has 2 holes you can use to mount it somewhere. I personally bolted it to the firewall right behind the intake manifold.

The fitting for the hpfp hardline uses the fitting that pushes on and a has a nut with a slot on it that screws into it to tighten it down .

I wired it up under the passenger side cowl cover the one that had the positive battery jumper terminal. Their is a fuse box over their and it's also where I left the Bluetooth analyzer 3m taped to the brace.

No install instructions and the only video I found was for a b58 which is a much easier install since their hpfp is on top of the engine. Overall it was a pretty easy install the most annoying part was feeding the fuel line up to the top of the fuel tank under the rear seats. But if you get the short fuel line kit you won't need to do that anyways.
I got the shortline, yeah frustrating there is no DIYs but install was fairly simple as I did it at the same time as my dorch HPFP. My kit works perfectly, only annoying thing is you cant be connected to the cars bluetooth ( music ) and the analyzer at the same time. Might be due to my iDrive ? not sure but annoying.
'16 435i - CTS Turbo FBO Catless DP,FMIC,CP & Intake / PR Ignition Kit / BM3 stage 2 E30+ / TPC Stage 2+ Hybrid Turbo / Turbosmart Dual Port BOV Black Plumb / Dorch Stage 2 HPFP / Mst V2 Turbo Inlet / xHP Stage 3
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #28
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
I was going to do that but they don't have a telephone number listed on their website...
It’s on Facebook I believe.

But still, not a good sign that they don’t respond to emails.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2020, 11:53 AM   #29
bsebou21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyf32 View Post
I got the shortline, yeah frustrating there is no DIYs but install was fairly simple as I did it at the same time as my dorch HPFP. My kit works perfectly, only annoying thing is you cant be connected to the cars bluetooth ( music ) and the analyzer at the same time. Might be due to my iDrive ? not sure but annoying.
Where exactly does the short line version route to on the N55? I can barely find any information on these ethanol analyzer kits anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:31 PM   #30
Bowenpuref3p
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsebou21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyf32 View Post
Where exactly does the short line version route to on the N55? I can barely find any information on these ethanol analyzer kits anywhere.
The short line kit goes from the tunnel on the driverside foot well area underneath where your fuel lines go up into the engine bay. Then it goes from your new ethanol sensor to the hard fuel line that attaches to the hpfp.
Appreciate 1
      11-28-2020, 05:28 PM   #31
bsebou21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenpuref3p View Post
The short line kit goes from the tunnel on the driverside foot well area underneath where your fuel lines go up into the engine bay. Then it goes from your new ethanol sensor to the hard fuel line that attaches to the hpfp.
Thank you so much.
Appreciate 1
      12-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #32
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. I have seen the analyzer with the two holes to mount it. However the one that I have from spool matches the one on their site, and it doesn’t have any holes. I guess I will figure it out once I get down there.
How did the install go and where did you mount the analyzer?

Santa got me the spool analyzer!! But as mentioned there are no holes on the analyzer to mount. Going to have my indy shop install in the next few weeks along with some other maintenance items. I'll report back with a review.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 09:57 AM   #33
houtan
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:

Santa got me the spool analyzer!! But as mentioned there are no holes on the analyzer to mount. Going to have my indy shop install in the next few weeks along with some other maintenance items. I'll report back with a review.
Awesome.

I ended up making my own fuel line. The analyzer just rests against the felt lining. It seems fine there. Intake manifold definitely has to come off.
Attached Images

Last edited by houtan; 12-27-2020 at 10:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 03:52 AM   #34
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD [Portimao Blue]

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome.

I ended up making my own fuel line. The analyzer just rests against the felt lining. It seems fine there. Intake manifold definitely has to come off.
How long do you need to drive around before the analyzer gets a proper reading ?

Also, do you think the sensor is good where it is without a mount or ziptie? Im afraid of creating any new rattles or ticking noises
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 04:46 PM   #35
Bowenpuref3p
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKH 5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Awesome.

How long do you need to drive around before the analyzer gets a proper reading ?

Also, do you think the sensor is good where it is without a mount or ziptie? Im afraid of creating any new rattles or ticking noises
It doesn't take to long maybe a few miles and my ethanol content seems to level out. Give or take a point.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 02:02 AM   #36
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Anyone with an XDI-35 HPFP looking to install this, you'll have to find the correct fittings first. The quick connect coupler on spool's fuel line that connects to the HPFP does not fit. XDI has what looks to be a -6an fitting in place of the OEM fuel line type bung on the HPFP. (XDI told me spool used the same connections and this wouldnt be an issue lol) Also important to note, XDI's quick connect coupler fittings are smaller than Spools leaving very few workarounds.

Honestly, the short line version isnt even long enough.

Ended up cutting the XDI fuel line in half and fitting Spools sensor in between instead. If you have ever installed an XDI fuel pump and struggled with getting their fittings into the fule line, this is the same process. The line would not make it over the sensor bungs but they were hose clamped very tight. Even with out the hose clamps, pulling the line off of the sensor was really difficult... For 90+ PSI of constant LPFP pressure, not so much.

One cool thing to note is, you can be connected to multiple bluetooth devices as well as the cars, while also being connected to Spools device/app. I read somewhere someone didnt have that function. Also, The app provided an Ethanol % reading after the car was moved about 15-20ft after first startup. It was almost instant!

UPDATE: Anyone wanting to use the existing XDI line (cut in half), make sure you have two 3/8" female fuel line quick connectors to 3/8" barb fittings as well as hose clamps. I would go with GM brand only because thats what sensor spool uses.

Last edited by MAKH 5; 01-04-2021 at 06:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 02:05 AM   #37
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i guess if your doing an ethanol mixture it would take some time to give an accurate reading... depending on how you mix
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #38
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

May be a good idea to change the 6 intake manifold gaskets and the green throttle body gasket why you have it all off.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #39
houtan
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKH 5 View Post

Just seeing this and you have installed yours since. TBH, I don’t know if it’s good there, but I think so. It doesn’t move at all so I don’t think it would cause any rattles.

I heard various issues with the lines from spool, which is why I made my own.

If anyone needs fittings or fuel related parts, one person to reach out to is Chris from PFS. He will get you all the correct fittings and sizes. He made my life so much easier WRT having the correct parts for my fuel line.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #40
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Just had kine installed but its not working? I downloaded the app from the Google play store and it says no device found. Went to setting to pair via Bluetooth and it says I need the app. I went to the spool website to follow the link they have directly to the Google play store and still the same issue!!!!

Am I doing something wrong??
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 08:49 PM   #41
houtan
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Just had kine installed but its not working? I downloaded the app from the Google play store and it says no device found. Went to setting to pair via Bluetooth and it says I need the app. I went to the spool website to follow the link they have directly to the Google play store and still the same issue!!!!

Honestly, I did nothing more than open the app and hit connect. I am on an iPhone so not sure if there are any differences in the way the app connects.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #42
jq_f22
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235xi

Quote:

Make sure it has power, no issues here as well.
      01-15-2021, 08:50 PM   #43
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep

Contacted spool this morning via Instagram and they are sending a new sensor and analyzer. They were very quick to respond and offer the replacement. Once I have the new parts I will update
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:57 AM   #44
MAKH 5
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Contacted spool this morning via Instagram and they are sending a new sensor and analyzer. They were very quick to respond and offer the replacement. Once I have the new parts I will update
Im also using it on an iphone and was automatically connected when i opened the app.

A buddy with a Samsung phone could not connect at all. Couldn't see it in his bluetooth settings either. 🤷🏾*♂️

Good luck with that
Appreciate 0