F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions > Grill trolling
Extreme Powerhouse
Closed Thread

08-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #1
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lightbulb Grill trolling

Moderators need to set an end to all this BMW grille trolling. I thought Bimmerpost was supposed to be a place for BMW fans and not trolls.
Appreciate 3
PABrian149.50
..Rush..973.50
chris7197226.50
      08-07-2020, 04:51 PM   #2
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Moderators need to set an end to all this BMW grille trolling. I thought Bimmerpost was supposed to be a place for BMW fans and not trolls.
Fans yes, fanboys that are supposed to eat up anything that the company throws at them... no...

I've been a Bmw enthusiast since the e30 and 2002 but I'll be dammed if you see me in any new bmw as of late except maybe the 8 series. Or the X3m looks ok but for the most part the new BMW's are just lost.

And this is coming from someone who had owned an i3 !

The new design management in bmw is either going to foster them to new greatness ....or these latest models will be a very big design flop.....in the end the public will decide that with their wallets.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25044.00
      08-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
thekidd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: @a_anders0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Fans yes, fanboys that are supposed to eat up anything that the company throws at them no...

I've been a Bmw enthusiast since the e30 and 2002 but I'll be dammed if you see me in any new bmw as of late except maybe the 8 series. Or the X3m looks ok but for the most part the new BMW's are just lost.

And this is coming from someone who had owned an i3 !

The new design management in bmw is either going to foster then to new greatness or be a very big design flop the public will decide that with their wallets.
Agreed to let the customers speak. Each has their own apple and we know what BMW engineering has delivered so I can't wait for an all electric option that has a range exceeding 400mi. Anyone who is on this is a fanboy and I would like to believe ultimately wants to see the best. Like others I am keeping the popcorn ready for September.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2020, 08:21 PM   #4
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekidd View Post
Agreed to let the customers speak. Each has their own apple and we know what BMW engineering has delivered so I can't wait for an all electric option that has a range exceeding 400mi. Anyone who is on this is a fanboy and I would like to believe ultimately wants to see the best. Like others I am keeping the popcorn ready for September.
Oh yea the engineering is always spot on and spectacular, I'm clearly just talking styling witch is subjective in its own right. But theirs usually a look that speaks to many and a look that many will love or hate it.

I don't care how great a car is engineered if it's off putting from a visual standpoint I won't go near it.

Even frank Stephenson who has design some very successful cars has a hard time understanding what the design department is doing.

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1746248
Appreciate 1
chrisny546.50
      08-09-2020, 09:03 AM   #5
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Which trolling are you referring to - posting up dozens of threads with pics of the grilles and triggering a bunch of people every time? Or posting in every grille thread to shit on them?

Depending on your perspective, both can be considered trolling
Appreciate 1
      08-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #6
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Trolling, baiting, or soapboxing of any kind will not be tolerated.
The purpose of this site is to promote healthy, informative, and constructive discussion of BMW cars and topics.

While a range of voices & opinions is welcomed and encouraged, there's also a point where repeated trolling becomes counterproductive and annoying where it ends up detracting from those who are exciting about learning about the car(s) and are here to stay informed via informative discussions.

Those exhibiting repeated trolling or threadjacking attempts will be met with disciplinary action (i.e., infractions, revocation of site privileges, bans).

Please report violative posts via the report post function instead of engaging.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread