F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Free Performance Cable Offering in LA - Anyone?
Extreme Powerhouse

11-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #1
fishark
M the Mark
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 1M

Free Performance Cable Offering in LA - Anyone?

Hey Guys,

Would any of you be interested in testing the newly developed performance ground cable for BMW? My friend Jaden is the inventor and he's willing to give out 3 cables for free ($300 value each) if you can come down to Irvine to test and share the result. I have tested on my GLA250 4matic and E55 AMG and the results are quite amazing, just the fuel economy alone has improve 13~16%. Let me know if you want more info on it. You can email to info@jtmkit.com to schedule a meet up. (US Patent US9349503)

Not limited to year or BMW model as long as it's turbo charged.

Last edited by fishark; 11-17-2018 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishark View Post
Hey Guys,

Would any of you be interested in testing the newly developed performance ground cable for BMW? My friend Jaden is the inventor and he's willing to give out 3 cables for free ($300 value each) if you can come down to Irvine to test and share the result. I have tested on my GLA250 4matic and E55 AMG and the results are quite amazing, just the fuel economy alone has improve 13~16%. Let me know if you want more info on it. You can email to info@jtmkit.com to schedule a meet up. (US Patent US9349503)

So what is this magic snake oil cable?
Appreciate 5
      11-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Performance ground cable you say? Improves fuel economy 13-16%?

Effective grounding is important, but heavy gauge ground cables aren't going to improve performance measurably. Carmakers are putting in technologies like start/stop, hybrid tech, low rolling resistance tires, active aero, and electronic power steering to eek out a few points of fuel economy here and there. If all it took were some thicker ground cables, do you really think the engineers at BMW wouldn't do that?

Any first year electrical engineer knows how to create an effective ground path. A "performance" ground cable doesn't have a patent. They're just thicker gauge copper cables. $300 each for a copper cable? lol, you can go to Home Depot and get some OHFC 0 gauge copper cable for $0.75/foot. "Performance" ground cables are all completely pointless for any halfway modern car. It's possible it could help slightly on some older cars with questionable grounding, but cars today are grounded very well.
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50
      11-17-2018, 05:14 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post

Effective grounding is important, but heavy gauge ground cables aren't going to improve performance measurably. Carmakers are putting in technologies like start/stop, hybrid tech, low rolling resistance tires, active aero, and electronic power steering to eek out a few points of fuel economy here and there. If all it took were some thicker ground cables, do you really think the engineers at BMW wouldn't do that?

Any first year electrical engineer knows how to create an effective ground path. A "performance" ground cable doesn't have a patent. They're just thicker gauge copper cables. $300 each for a copper cable? lol, you can go to Home Depot and get some OHFC 0 gauge copper cable for $0.75/foot. "Performance" ground cables are all completely pointless for any halfway modern car. It's possible it could help slightly on some older cars with questionable grounding, but cars today are grounded very well.
It would seem that someone smart enough to invent a "magic cable" to improve mileage by 16% would know you need a microphone if you want to be heard in a video.....

Just saying.....

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Really. Being in the audio industry I thought I'd seen every conceivable scam related to magic cables. I was wrong.
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50
      11-17-2018, 05:29 PM   #6
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Not mad at the E55 wagon though...
      11-18-2018, 12:41 AM   #7
fishark
M the Mark
United_States
Rep

The video is poorly made but at least you gotta try this cable.
Do you know most cars' ground cable are the same cable used 20 years ago?
If you have a high-end stereo system or expensive Blueray Disc Player, would you use standard cable to connect to speakers or TV?

Mark
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 12:42 AM   #8
fishark
M the Mark
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Not mad at the E55 wagon though...
Hence we are in M3POST. Frankly, BMW is for driving pleasure and BENZ is with family or when I get much older...
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 12:59 AM   #9
fishark
M the Mark
United_States
Rep

Patent Document

I went through the document and it's a lot more than the copper and it's a lot more expensive to make than standard cable. But even the manufacturer knows better cable structure leads to better car performance, do you think they will offer that as a standard to consumers? No, because makers won't make money off things like cables where people can see through and calculate exact cost. When I buy good stereo system, I've never found "high quality" cables come with the package. I capture first 2 pages of patent. Feel free to download the full document.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...02&oe=5CB0390F

Link to US patent: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/9349503

Quote:

Last edited by fishark; 11-18-2018 at 01:11 AM.. Reason: Added patent link
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 01:21 AM   #10
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went through the document and it's a lot more than the copper and it's a lot more expensive to make than standard cable. But even the manufacturer knows better cable structure leads to better car performance, do you think they will offer that as a standard to consumers? No, because makers won't make money off things like cables where people can see through and calculate exact cost. When I buy good stereo system, I've never found "high quality" cables come with the package. I capture first 2 pages of patent. Feel free to download the full document.

https://scontent-sjc3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...02&oe=5CB0390F

Link to US patent: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-P...&RS=PN/9349503
Well, I noticed this earlier, but as you have now brought it up....according to the USPO, the inventor (and holder of the patent) is Yun-Ting Chen.

Yet the person who you claim invented it Post 1 is Justin at jtmkit.com

Quote:

My friend Jaden is the inventor...

You can email to info@jtmkit.com to schedule a meet up. (US Patent US9349503)

On their homepage, it is stated that “JTM is a US patented aftermarket product company”.

Where are Justin’s patents for JTM that you stated in post 1 he invented and patented, as well as referenced on the webpage?

I’ve never know that a company could be patented. Trademarked and Service Marked, yes.....patent no....

Just saying “Just Truly Miracle” Technology looks more and more like snake oil the more you post.
Attached Images

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 11-18-2018 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50
      11-18-2018, 05:40 AM   #11
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
What a load of rubbish, has he forgotten that there is also a positive side on the battery, what about that? Using speakers as an anology you’d think about both and not just one side but having said that earthing is important in order to ensure that you have a consistent ground.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 07:15 AM   #12
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
It would seem that someone smart enough to invent a "magic cable" to improve mileage by 16% would know you need a microphone if you want to be heard in a video.....

Just saying.....

Subscribed to this thread for the lulz!

That video is an epic FOB fail. Just profound...

JUST TRULY MIRACLE. THE COMPUTER CALCULATE ALL THE THINGS. CABLE MAKE IT MORE EFFICIENT. GET MOAR BATTERY JUICE.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 07:18 AM   #13
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
This is like Monster cables all over again...lol
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 08:24 AM   #14
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I went through the document and it's a lot more than the copper and it's a lot more expensive to make than standard cable.
Eh, it’s a multi-filament copper/silver cable. Sure I might be willing to try something like that on a high end home audio cable, but a grounding cable in a car to improve mpg??? Does your buddy also have an exotic high-end magnet for my gas tank?

BMW’s ASS saves about 3% mpg. To implement that they beefed up the starter, the battery, implemented various additional sensors on the engine, spent untold man-hours programming the software, added an extra button in the car, tested the whole thing for years in development, and covers it all under warranty.

With auto manufacturers going to extreme lengths to save a couple percent of fuel economy here and there, I personally kinda doubt they’d leave your claimed 13-16% on the table if they could just upgrade a cable.
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50
      11-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #15
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
If you have a high-end stereo system or expensive Blueray Disc Player, would you use standard cable to connect to speakers or TV?
As a matter of fact yes, I would. Being an acoustical engineer I know why high priced cables are a waste of money, and are the biggest scams in audio/video. Obviously you've drunk the kool-aid and don't believe this to be true, but these are the facts:
http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
http://verber.com/mark/ce/cables.html
https://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/03...-coat-hangers/

Your friend's patent application is full of the same BS that high priced audio/video cable makers use to cheat people who have no idea how audio and video gear works, and now he's extended it to the automotive realm. It's not as silly as the stuff you'll find here, but it won't work any better either:

http://audiophile.rocks/index.html
http://www.machinadynamica.com/index.html

And my personal favorite:
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50
      11-18-2018, 09:38 AM   #16
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
As a matter of fact yes, I would. Being an acoustical engineer I know why high priced cables are a waste of money, and are the biggest scams in audio/video. Obviously you've drunk the kool-aid and don't believe this to be true, but these are the facts:
http://www.roger-russell.com/wire/wire.htm
http://verber.com/mark/ce/cables.html
https://www.geeksaresexy.net/2012/03...-coat-hangers/

Your friend's patent application is full of the same BS that high priced audio/video cable makers use to cheat people who have no idea how audio and video gear works, and now he's extended it to the automotive realm. It's not as silly as the stuff you'll find here, but it won't work any better either:

http://audiophile.rocks/index.html
http://www.machinadynamica.com/index.html

And my personal favorite:
Lol I remember that coat hanger test... Also I had a part time job when I was younger at Futureshop. The markup on those magical cables was insane and a way to easy commission. But when we compared the $200 cable to the in-house $30 cable, there was no discernible difference. The claim of increased MPG would be more believable if it was a low single digit number, but 13-16%? :\
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 09:42 AM   #17
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I just bought and installed, and boy are you all wrong. I just got 2000 miles on a tank! Also noticed a nice improvement in exhaust sound and my car now has the HK sound system and it didn't before I installed the miracle cable. Truly a miracle. Awesome...

For real though, I think chiefneil hit the nail on the head. No way BMW spends whatever they spent developing AS/S and all of it's requisites to pick up 3% fuel efficiency if this is true. There is a 0.00% chance that they wouldn't slap a beefier cable in for a couple bucks a car to pick up quintuple the gains of AS/S.
      11-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #18
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

I don't know guys.....I got 15% additional MPG's while adding 80hp, simply by adding Centrifugal Yarbol Bearings matched to the piston return springs.

Needless to say my burbles were NEXT LEVEL when I finally installed muffler bearings....damn...., I miss that scooter

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 09:57 AM   #19
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
I just bought and installed, and boy are you all wrong. I just got 2000 miles on a tank! Also noticed a nice improvement in exhaust sound and my car now has the HK sound system and it didn't before I installed the miracle cable. Truly a miracle. Awesome...

For real though, I think chiefneil hit the nail on the head. No way BMW spends whatever they spent developing AS/S and all of it's requisites to pick up 3% fuel efficiency if this is true. There is a 0.00% chance that they wouldn't slap a beefier cable in for a couple bucks a car to pick up quintuple the gains of AS/S.
You guys missing the bigger picture.

US Government has Fleet Standards for mileage across the entire, well, fleet (Company Line of Cars). One of the reason that Tesla is in business right now is they are selling excess fleet credits to other car companies.

If a $300 magic cable would increase mileage by 16%, every car manufacturer would have it installed using the funds they pay Tesla.

Furthermore, it would eliminate any gas guzzler charge on a vehicle.

And in that kind of volume, the $300 part would probably cost less than $5.

Next.
Appreciate 2
drexplode1780.50
rjd_F301999.50
      11-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #20
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
You guys missing the bigger picture.

US Government has Fleet Standards for mileage across the entire, well, fleet (Company Line of Cars). One of the reason that Tesla is in business right now is they are selling excess fleet credits to other car companies.

If a $300 magic cable would increase mileage by 16%, every car manufacturer would have it installed using the funds they pay Tesla.

Furthermore, it would eliminate any gas guzzler charge on a vehicle.

And in that kind of volume, the $300 part would probably cost less than $5.

Next.
Even better. What I'm getting at, I suppose on a smaller scale then you are, is that it's impossible for this cable to work, because if it did the industry would be using it and would be very different because of it, like you pointed out.
      11-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #21
Wires
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

What is even more priceless on this Snake Oil Pitch, is that video. Took a while to stop throwing up from all the movement to post this, but did you even look at how those "magic cables" were installed? One connects the battery negative to the metal chassis in the trunk. The other, battery negative in the engine compartment to the engine block.

So the "magic cable" improves the conductivity to the metal frame. What about that POS metal frame as a conductor?

Only reason the engine is grounded to the negative battery terminal is for the starter. Priceless!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 12:36 AM   #22
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
The best conductor is a solid piece of metal. The fewer strands there are, the better a cable conducts electricity. The only reason cables are stranded are for flexibility, that's it. So no special configuration of wires will improve the performance of a cable.

Literally ask any electrical engineer. Any one who studied electrical engineering in college. For a DC voltage, all that matters is pretty much the resistance of a cable which is determined by the cross sectional area of the cable and inversely related to the length of the cable.

A simple cable with a specific gauge and a given length will perform exactly the same as another cable with the same gauge and length. Using silver will slightly improve performance, but all you need to do is make the copper slightly thicker to make it perform the same way. So using silver as a conductor is a huge waste of money. Making a copper cable slightly thicker will perform just as well at a fraction of the price. Also, using a silver plated copper cable is purely a scam. It will not improve performance in any measurable way.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8238.50