F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > XHP Trans Tune - Experiences and reviews?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-21-2021, 12:00 AM   #199
WDE82
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uni-Rapide View Post
I don't dare to run stage 3 anymore. At a certain point in time the downshifts were so harsh in S-mode and M-mode it was really like banging in the gears, especially from 5 to 4 it was really bad. You could even hear it.
So first went back to stage 2 but that didn't help much, so back to stage 1. Did that for a while and then tried stage 2 again. After another while tried stage 3 but then altered the throttle blips to try and make it a bit smoother. That seemed to help quite a bit however downshifts were still quite harsh.
Last week went back to stock and I will keep it that way for a while hoping for that the trans will re-adapt. Even now in stock the downshifts in m-mode are not smooth (upshifts are), but to be honest I don't remember if they ever were?

However I don't know how long I can live without the custom shift settings for comfort mode. The ridiculously low shiftpoints drive me crazy. I don't understand how people can drive like that...
Can you post your adaptation values?
      10-21-2021, 11:39 PM   #200
WDE82
Captain
United_States
Rep

Bought the codes last night. Will probably flash Saturday morning. Is everyone pretty much doing this on battery? I was thinking of trickle charging overnight with a tender to peak it out and give that little extra assurance. I know the car leaves the battery around 80%.
      10-22-2021, 07:12 AM   #201
Uni-Rapide
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2019 F30 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
Bought the codes last night. Will probably flash Saturday morning. Is everyone pretty much doing this on battery? I was thinking of trickle charging overnight with a tender to peak it out and give that little extra assurance. I know the car leaves the battery around 80%.
With trickle charging overnight you should be fine. I flashed back to stock coming home after work and didn't use a charger. Took about 5 minutes and all went fine.
Will post adaptation values tonight.
      10-23-2021, 05:29 AM   #202
Uni-Rapide
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2019 F30 340i

Quote:
Quote:
I don't dare to run stage 3 anymore. At a certain point in time the downshifts were so harsh in S-mode and M-mode it was really like banging in the gears, especially from 5 to 4 it was really bad. You could even hear it.
So first went back to stage 2 but that didn't help much, so back to stage 1. Did that for a while and then tried stage 2 again. After another while tried stage 3 but then altered the throttle blips to try and make it a bit smoother. That seemed to help quite a bit however downshifts were still quite harsh.
Last week went back to stock and I will keep it that way for a while hoping for that the trans will re-adapt. Even now in stock the downshifts in m-mode are not smooth (upshifts are), but to be honest I don't remember if they ever were?

However I don't know how long I can live without the custom shift settings for comfort mode. The ridiculously low shiftpoints drive me crazy. I don't understand how people can drive like that...
Looks like this, no idea if it's good or bad?
Car has done 37k km's. About 7k with Pure 800.
Attached Images

10-23-2021, 06:58 AM   #203
Skyhigh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

All absolutely within normal range.
      10-23-2021, 11:16 AM   #204
WDE82
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Looks like this, no idea if it's good or bad?
Car has done 37k km's. About 7k with Pure 800.
Seems fairly similar to mine except clutch E is way positive. Mine is the highest value of all my clutches but it's -17 to your over 100
      10-23-2021, 04:05 PM   #205
WDE82
Captain
United_States
Rep

Just flashed Stage 3 with no additional options. Haven't driven it yet and probably won't get over the recommended 50 or so miles before about Wednesday.

I highly recommend doing it with an ENET cable and Ethernet adapter for iPhone. It took less than 2 minutes for the initial flash so battery was not a concern at all.
      11-25-2021, 04:18 AM   #206
stapoz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328ix

I just installed stage 2. Sport mode disappeared. Before the gearbox never allows less then 2k rpm in Sport mode. That allowed to accelerate immediatelly without downshifting. Now there is no difference in Comfort and Sport mode. Rpm 1.2k when driving steady in Sport . I'll try the stage 3, if no difference will back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 04:50 AM   #207
Skyhigh
Colonel
Rep

I am not an xHP user yet, but please note the following change of logic by xHP:

https://www.xhpflashtool.com/blog/ho..._logic_of_8hp/

I assume you read the product description and FAQ before purchasing....
      11-25-2021, 11:50 AM   #208
stapoz
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328ix

The shift speed is different in sport mode and comfort mode for the stock map. There is no need to install xHP maps for this purpose. This is how the stock map works: soft and slow shifting for comfort and faster / stronger shifting in sport mode. The problem is that xHP maps remove sports mode. For the stock map, in sport mode, the gearbox keeps 1900 rpm or more, allowing you to accelerate instantly. After installing xHP maps, the sport mode looks like the comfort mode. Driving with 1100 rpm in sport mode is not what I expected from tuning maps.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2021, 12:14 PM   #209
Skyhigh
Colonel
Rep

Did you care to read the link I posted…?