F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > FTP intake tube install
GetBMWParts

11-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #1
Newbie_330ix
Rep
Drives: 2018 330 xdrive

FTP intake tube install

Hello all,

I just installed the FTP charge pipe and was attempting to install the intake pipe but I couldn’t remove the second smaller vacuum hose (not sure what hose this is called). I was able to squeeze and disconnect the larger forward hose no problem, but the one behind it is where I’m having difficulty and I didn’t want to break anything.

Any advice on removing this hose to complete the intake install?

Ps- the throttle response much improved now with the charge pipe and I’m running the BM3 stage 1, 93 octane.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2021, 04:05 AM   #2
SRHosein
Private First Class
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie_330ix View Post
Hello all,

I just installed the FTP charge pipe and was attempting to install the intake pipe but I couldn’t remove the second smaller vacuum hose (not sure what hose this is called). I was able to squeeze and disconnect the larger forward hose no problem, but the one behind it is where I’m having difficulty and I didn’t want to break anything.

Any advice on removing this hose to complete the intake install?

Ps- the throttle response much improved now with the charge pipe and I’m running the BM3 stage 1, 93 octane.

Thanks!
Posting a picture of what you trying to remove would be helpful.

The smaller ventilation pipe is typically easier to remove as you just squeeze (correct spot) and turn a bit and then pull out.

The bigger ventilation pipe usually goes into two grooves which needs to be released before pulling out.

See attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
johnung4525.00
      11-28-2021, 08:26 AM   #3
Newbie_330ix
Rep
Drives: 2018 330 xdrive

Thank you, I’ll try that in the next few days, it is the smaller ventilation tube you mention but I wasn’t having any success at the time removing it. I B appreciate the explanation!
Appreciate 0