F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Cobra dual exit exhaust on 335D
GetBMWParts

10-30-2021, 08:26 AM   #1
Brad757
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F30

Cobra dual exit exhaust on 335D

Considering a Cobra dual exit exhaust but from looking at the pics it appears the centre section needs to be cut and the cat removing to make it fit. Anyone have any experience with this mod. Concerned it could be a problem when MOT comes around?
Cobra exhausts added this to the description "EML lights may activate after removing the standard O/E catalyst. An ECU Re-map is recommended to correct this problem and stabilise all power increases"
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad757 View Post
Considering a Cobra dual exit exhaust but from looking at the pics it appears the centre section needs to be cut and the cat removing to make it fit. Anyone have any experience with this mod. Concerned it could be a problem when MOT comes around?
Cobra exhausts added this to the description "EML lights may activate after removing the standard O/E catalyst. An ECU Re-map is recommended to correct this problem and stabilise all power increases"
Hi there
I have been looking at Cobra exhausts too.
But I was under the impression they were cat-back exhausts? Retaining the original. cat and only replacing the back box?

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2021, 05:15 PM   #3
Brad757
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
Quote:
Hi there
But I was under the impression they were cat-back exhausts? Retaining the original. cat and only replacing the back box?
Despite what it stated on Cobra website, I've been told that although you need to cut centre section, the cat remains in place
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #4
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
Quote:
Hi there
Despite what it stated on Cobra website, I've been told that although you need to cut centre section, the cat remains in place
I'll be interested to hear how you get on with this mod, and the results.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2021, 05:31 PM   #5
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

For a 335d F30 this is a straight forward job. The middle section is only after cat device to reduce smell from DPF regens. Removing it will not cause engine light nor it will upset the emissions.

I have fitted a full catback 340i exhaust on my 335d and it was also a straight forward swap
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #6
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
For a 335d F30 this is a straight forward job. The middle section is only after cat device to reduce smell from DPF regens. Removing it will not cause engine light nor it will upset the emissions.

I have fitted a full catback 340i exhaust on my 335d and it was also a straight forward swap
Are you saying its a bolt on job or close to?
That opens up some possibilities :-)

Any pictures from below?

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2023, 03:09 PM   #7
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Hi there
I ended up buying the Cobra twin exhaust.
Are very happy with the looks and the suttle deeper sound it gives.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ssf55638.00