F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bavsound revenant pro problems!
GetBMWParts

06-29-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
BossHog707
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

Bavsound revenant pro problems!

Finally, after a long wait and further delay my amplifier arrived. I couldn't wait to transcend into audio bliss by the super hyped up 1600w amp. But man did this company drop the ball. The amp sounded terrible broken and lame. The rear speakers where not getting a signal and the front center speaker was overly loud.

They sent and email to me saying it was the tune card, then another saying it was the cables... Big BS. I called the company twice and couldn't get a straight answer.

Did anyone have the same problem? I waited 6 months for this?!

Its like they rushed the product through development. Im sure whoever is manufacturing the amp (probably IN CHINA) IS NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.

I honestly feel like I got screwed. Similar to buying an iPad off the streets and finding out its just a cement tile! lol

WHO ELSE BOUGHT THIS AMP?

Last edited by BossHog707; 06-29-2021 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: pissed off
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 08:49 PM   #2
BossHog707
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i

After switching back and forth from the stock amp to the rev pro, there is a Hugh difference in sound quality. The stock amp makes better use of the rear speakers. Im currently trying to convince myself that the Rev Pro is better but I know Im lying to myself.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 08:52 PM   #3
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
My original Revenant from my F33 wasn't compatible with my F39 so I sold it and was looking at the new one. Glad I decided to just live with the stock HiFi.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 06:05 AM   #4
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

Just return it and get Match UP7BMW.
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      06-30-2021, 08:41 AM   #5
J555
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 LCI 340iX

Sorry to hear that, and hope you solve it.

My experience is simple - I was interested to give it a try. As usual with Bavsound, a lot of strong words not backed by any specs or details. So I kindly asked Bavsound for sharing the details, and this is all I've got:

"Each channel is capable of 100W RMS, 200W Peak at 2Ohms. It does indeed power every location in the vehicle, in some cases the rear door speakers and rear deck/roof will be run on a single channel together left and right due to the 8 Channel limitation. In our testing this is not noticeable, however the overall improvement in sound quality is blatantly apparent.

The DSP profiles are locked and you have tunes for both Stock Speakers, and Bavsound Speakers. It is only meant to be used in those configurations as a plug and play upgrade. If you have a need for full DSP access for your system we do not offer that. Please let me know if you have any further questions, or if I can help in any other way."

This was enough for me to leave this idea immediately, as I don't see any reason to pay a premium for a product with no public specs, features that might work or not (as the rear speakers you already found out and they mentioned), with locked DSP, and the "endless power" of 1600W that translates to 8x50W RMS @4 ohms. I would be interested to know if their own speakers are really 2 ohms.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 08:44 AM   #6
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 428xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog707 View Post
Finally, after a long wait and further delay my amplifier arrived. I couldn't wait to transcend into audio bliss by the super hyped up 1600w amp. But man did this company drop the ball. The amp sounded terrible broken and lame. The rear speakers where not getting a signal and the front center speaker was overly loud.

They sent and email to me saying it was the tune card, then another saying it was the cables... Big BS. I called the company twice and couldn't get a straight answer.

Its like they rushed the product through development. Im sure whoever is manufacturing the amp (probably IN CHINA) IS NOT DOING SOMETHING RIGHT.

I honestly feel like I got screwed. Similar to buying an iPad off the streets and finding out its just a cement tile! lol

I'm having the same issue with mine. They have a week to figure it out before I package it up And back it goes. I was very very happy with the speakers so I'm hoping this gets solved.

Center Chanel way too loud,

Kind of an off sound overall, like frequencies are missing. I gotta imagine they can correct it, but I'm not going to live with it long. I have the active sound module so the cable excuse didn't apply to me, still waiting to hear about the tune card.

Let me know if you get a different answer! They have been answering my emails quite often, but I want results, they have had enough time now.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 02:08 PM   #7
DeepseaX1
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive28i, 435i gran coupe

I had my revenant pro amp installed last week and it’s awful. It sounds like all the sound is coming out of the center Dash speaker, including bass, And almost no sound is coming out of any other speaker. It sounds like someone stuck a radio on my dash, mono, and turned it on. The amp was set up for driver side setting, not multiseat, but it shouldn't be anywhere near that biased.

Bavsound said they would have a lot more information and feedback within the next week, and also said they've received similar complaints.

My BMW shop couldn't believe how awful it sounded. BavSound said it was supposed to be that way and to give it time for my brain to adapt and my service center said no way, something is really wrong.

Last edited by DeepseaX1; 07-07-2021 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 03:49 PM   #8
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepseaX1 View Post
I had my revenant pro amp installed last week and it's awful. It sounds like all the sound is coming out of the center Dash speaker, including bass, And almost no sound is coming out of any other speaker. It sounds like someone stuck a radio on my dash, mono, and turned it on. The amp was set up for driver side setting, not multiseat, but it shouldn't be anywhere near that biased.

Bavsound said they would have a lot more information and feedback within the next week, and also said they've received similar complaints.

My BMW shop couldn't believe how awful it sounded. BavSound said it was supposed to be that way and to give it time for my brain to adapt and my service center said no way, something is really wrong.
Yeah I was told they are looking into it and will have an answer by the end of the week, early next week. I hope so. I have the active sound module and tried with the bypass cable and without it didn't matter. In the interim I unhooked my center channel and it sounds better but that's not a fix, just something so I can live with it until they get back with an answer.

If they don't have something relatively simple to fix this I'll return it, only reason I'm giving it time is I don't wanna pull my back panels off right now.

I know people with the original amp, and they loved it, so im sure they can correct it, just frustrating for now.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 10:25 PM   #9
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe

I was really looking forward to purchasing this amp. After seeing these reviews I'm having second thoughts. Even told you to give it time for your brain to adapt? lol
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 06:18 PM   #10
kchan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Just like to see from those of you who have issue with the amp, do you have the Hi-fi audio or the HK audio?

I have heard some good things from the F80 forum. I bought the amp but didn't have a chance to install it yet (I have the HK audio). So it worries me seeing you guys having issues...

I do agree their marketing isn't the most straight forward, esp about how they rank the power output. However, I would think if it's true 50W that each speaker is seeing, it shouldn't be too bad since the front is only 4", right? Although to be honest, I was a bit disappointed to see the amp is kind of smaller than I thought, I think there's only so much space they can use.

I looked at other custom solution and shops have been quoting like $6-7K for a compete system, so really hope this can sound decent.

Anyways, hope you all will resolve the issue... It does sound like driver centric is no good, probably will stick with regular profile. I also wish it can be more easily be change and that there could be more fine tuning of the DSP that can be done remotely, oh well...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 07:40 PM   #11
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchan View Post
Just like to see from those of you who have issue with the amp, do you have the Hi-fi audio or the HK audio?

I have heard some good things from the F80 forum. I bought the amp but didn't have a chance to install it yet (I have the HK audio). So it worries me seeing you guys having issues...

I do agree their marketing isn't the most straight forward, esp about how they rank the power output. However, I would think if it's true 50W that each speaker is seeing, it shouldn't be too bad since the front is only 4", right? Although to be honest, I was a bit disappointed to see the amp is kind of smaller than I thought, I think there's only so much space they can use.

I looked at other custom solution and shops have been quoting like $6-7K for a compete system, so really hope this can sound decent.

Anyways, hope you all will resolve the issue... It does sound like driver centric is no good, probably will stick with regular profile. I also wish it can be more easily be change and that there could be more fine tuning of the DSP that can be done remotely, oh well...
I have the Hifi system. I already had the speakers and ghost subs installed which sounded great even on the stock amp, so if they get whatever the issue is nailed down I'm sure it will sound awesome. Just frustrating in the meantime.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 08:28 PM   #12
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHog707 View Post

That amplifier isn't really designed for the BMW environment. Best solution for a BMW HiFi audio system is the Match 7BMW amplifier. True plug and play. Will make your speakers sound great with a DSP system that's better than the HK DSP.

The only speakers that need an upgrade are the underseat subs. The only replacement with the specs to sound great are the Earthquake SWS-8Xi (2-ohm). Get their spacer rings too. Don't believe marketing claims from other subs.
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8243.00
      07-11-2021, 02:18 PM   #13
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i | Z3 2.8 | F30 328

Anyone who's tried the Revenant Pro and isn't happy, I'll offer a significant discount on our SoundstageDSP Ultra (https://integralaudio.com/soundstagedsp-ultra.html) if you want to do a direct comparison and are willing to share your experience with the forum.

We only have stellar reviews. There is a reason for that.

Message me if you are interested.

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 08:40 PM   #14
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin @ Integral Audio View Post
Anyone who's tried the Revenant Pro and isn't happy, I'll offer a significant discount on our SoundstageDSP Ultra (https://integralaudio.com/soundstagedsp-ultra.html) if you want to do a direct comparison and are willing to share your experience with the forum.

This system is insanely expensive. Do you guys sell individual parts or just bundled only?
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2021, 09:30 AM   #15
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
Quote:

This system is insanely expensive. Do you guys sell individual parts or just bundled only?
Yeah that's kind of crazy. If bavsound doesn't fix the amp issue I'd be willing to bite on a different amp, but I'm definitely not spending 3k+ on my "entry level" (read:*28i) car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #16
Eschmacher
Car Hypochondriac
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport Estoril Blue

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Wow, this is a disappointment. I was looking forward to a cheaper plug and play system for the HK cars. There has to be something wrong with the balancing or something...
Interior: Bavsound stage 1 and subs - custom trunk sub by Mike1327
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 10:06 AM   #17
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i | Z3 2.8 | F30 328

Quote:
This system is insanely expensive.
Anyone driving a Honda would probably say the same about your BMW. I get it - $4k isn't cheap. We say that "we're not for everyone, but we're perfect for some." If audio is important to you, you won't find a better solution at anywhere close to the price. If we could hit the level of quality we do for less, we would. We work very hard to deliver incredible value, and if you dig into it I think you'll see that. Bavsound's best attempt at a competing product is $3,100 WITHOUT a proper subwoofer (which they don't even offer) - adding a sub and amp at a minimum would bring it to $4,300 vs our $4k.

Quote:
Do you guys sell individual parts or just bundled only?
We only sell what we know will deliver excellent results on it's own. For example, we sell our subwoofer system for folks DIYing the rest or who just want to add some bass. We don't sell plug-n-play speaker-only upgrades because they just don't deliver and there is too much variability in each vehicle/factory audio system/etc for that to work well. This goes back to why our reviews are consistently excellent - we aren't here to just take your money, we're here to deliver an outstanding experience.

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #18
DeepseaX1
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive28i, 435i gran coupe

BavSound told me the issue is with the sound cards and they're replacing them for anyone not happy with the sound of the new Revenant Pro amp. Specifically, they basically changed everything about the tune (amount of bass, speaker output in the back, and other tune "stuff").

I'll update when I get the new card installed.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 02:12 PM   #19
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
This system is insanely expensive.
Anyone driving a Honda would probably say the same about your BMW. I get it - $4k isn't cheap. We say that "we're not for everyone, but we're perfect for some." If audio is important to you, you won't find a better solution at anywhere close to the price. If we could hit the level of quality we do for less, we would. We work very hard to deliver incredible value, and if you dig into it I think you'll see that. Bavsound's best attempt at a competing product is $3,100 WITHOUT a proper subwoofer (which they don't even offer) - adding a sub and amp at a minimum would bring it to $4,300 vs our $4k.

Quote:
Do you guys sell individual parts or just bundled only?
We only sell what we know will deliver excellent results on it's own. For example, we sell our subwoofer system for folks DIYing the rest or who just want to add some bass. We don't sell plug-n-play speaker-only upgrades because they just don't deliver and there is too much variability in each vehicle/factory audio system/etc for that to work well. This goes back to why our reviews are consistently excellent - we aren't here to just take your money, we're here to deliver an outstanding experience.
I definitely get what your saying, not bashing. I'm sure it sounds incredible!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 02:14 PM   #20
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep

Bavsound revenant pro problems!

Quote:
BavSound told me the issue is with the sound cards and they're replacing them for anyone not happy with the sound of the new Revenant Pro amp. Specifically, they basically changed everything about the tune (amount of bass, speaker output in the back, and other tune "stuff").

Just got the same message, fingers crossed!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 09:25 PM   #21
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollovoid7 View Post
Quote:

Just got the same message, fingers crossed!!!
I got the revised tune,
So far my thoughts.

The volume is much louder , I think they went a bit too far honestly, because the bmw gong was very loud, and even at the lowest setting was still pretty loud.

It's much more listenable at lower volumes, you can hear the subs at lower volumes which were mostly inaudible until very high volumes before.

I unhooked the center again, they were able to get it to sound better, and not as harsh but it's still way too loud.

With it (the center) unhooked, and taking away the gong being loud, it sounds pretty good. I'm going to report my findings in detail to them when I get a chance, I think a few tweaks and it will be perfect. The subs are really very capable and the changes they made show that. The sound stage was powerful and clean. If they adjust the gain down a smidge and lower the center channel a good amount, I think it will be right there.

Not sure if other cars just never showed these issues, but in mine, f36 with hifi, if they had tested it in mine, no way they would have released it like that. I've been an avid enthusiast of high end audio (for home audio) and have built several systems in my other cars before, so I'm hoping my detail in what I'm seeing here can help them get it right for others.

Let me know what you guys think, those that got the amp.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2021, 12:27 AM   #22
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollovoid7 View Post
I got the revised tune,
So far my thoughts.

The volume is much louder , I think they went a bit too far honestly, because the bmw gong was very loud, and even at the lowest setting was still pretty loud.

It's much more listenable at lower volumes, you can hear the subs at lower volumes which were mostly inaudible until very high volumes before.

I unhooked the center again, they were able to get it to sound better, and not as harsh but it's still way too loud.

With it (the center) unhooked, and taking away the gong being loud, it sounds pretty good. I'm going to report my findings in detail to them when I get a chance, I think a few tweaks and it will be perfect. The subs are really very capable and the changes they made show that. The sound stage was powerful and clean. If they adjust the gain down a smidge and lower the center channel a good amount, I think it will be right there.

Not sure if other cars just never showed these issues, but in mine, f36 with hifi, if they had tested it in mine, no way they would have released it like that. I've been an avid enthusiast of high end audio (for home audio) and have built several systems in my other cars before, so I'm hoping my detail in what I'm seeing here can help them get it right for others.

Let me know what you guys think, those that got the amp.
Thanks for the update!
Appreciate 0