F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
ARMA SPEED

02-07-2019, 01:27 PM   #1805
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
Ok, this is weird...
Today Waze keeps crashing at startup and also all apps are directly killed when closed.
The multi screen button on top doesn't show anything.

And

GM suddenly works??????

I am going to upload the latest firmware to see if that fixes it but this is very strange all of a sudden....
My unit is also really slow lately. If it's the same issue I have, then start waze after 1 min after boot. This is the only fix I found...

Do you have a new firmware from Louie?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 02:04 AM   #1806
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by florinbrv View Post
My unit is also really slow lately. If it's the same issue I have, then start waze after 1 min after boot. This is the only fix I found...

Do you have a new firmware from Louie?
I just requested the latest software from him.
Installing apps also dont work since it keeps indicating download pending...
Ive removed waze to install it fresh but thats now not possible.
Waze is way better than maps....
Weird thing is that all is killed when not on screen.. also things like the DAB or Tasker..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 02:43 AM   #1807
florinbrv
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Weird thing is that all is killed when not on screen.. also things like the DAB or Tasker..
It looks like a google issue. Log in to your google account from a pc/laptop, maybe it will ask you if you agree to download apps to your unit. Second step - go to play store and send the apps to the unit.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 06:12 AM   #1808
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRed View Post
I updated with this update, dated 5/1/2019.
Seeems all good, not so faster than the previous version...
It has inside the JLR mode as the 28/11 update...
The music app has some difficulty in reading the metadata of the music files in the usb, as the previous update... in my opinion the best update was that dated 20/09/2018, however I will check in these days if the music player goes better...

Did you manage to solve the sorting issue with the music player somehow?
I have all my tracks with numbers in front but the app does not sort them correctly it appears to be random listing on the start of the list and then starts to sort them kind of correctly.
i tried to clear the cache to force it re arrange things but nothing really changes.
Also my files do not have any .dots in the file names.
So i end it up using poweramp instead of the stock music player but the use of the idrive knob is better for daily use.
Any help appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2019, 10:35 AM   #1809
irose50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Had the "download pending" a few times and was down to speed of internet connection via hotspot. Connect to a home WiFi and all good.

Disappointed in response or even lack of response from Ugode despite several chase emails on black screen with "No signal". Only done it a couple of times after about an hour journey using Google maps. So not sure if it's GM related or maybe overheating.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 04:57 AM   #1810
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by irose50 View Post
Had the "download pending" a few times and was down to speed of internet connection via hotspot. Connect to a home WiFi and all good.

Disappointed in response or even lack of response from Ugode despite several chase emails on black screen with "No signal". Only done it a couple of times after about an hour journey using Google maps. So not sure if it's GM related or maybe overheating.
Do you use a GPS splitter?
the no signal issue can be caused by this since the output voltages are not the same so the android unit receives an overvoltage on the gps antenna.
Remove the splitter and use separate for your idrive and android system.
It solved it completely for me.

Home network or hotspot doesn't change it for me it seems....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2019, 05:08 AM   #1811
irose50
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Do you use a GPS splitter?
the no signal issue can be caused by this since the output voltages are not the same so the android unit receives an overvoltage on the gps antenna.
Remove the splitter and use separate for your idrive and android system.
It solved it completely for me.

Home network or hotspot doesn't change it for me it seems....
No I use the antenna that Ugode supplied. Generally works ok just had a couple of occasions where the screen has gone completely blank apart from No Signal and nothing works at all. I drive side works ok. I'm thinking it maybe more of an overheating thing as it's only happened on long journeys. Thinking the No Signal is not a GPS state but a no screen signal. Just disappointed Ugode have gone quiet on it. Now I guess it's Chinese New Year so won't expect a reply any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 05:41 AM   #1812
mishufast
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320ed

Hello! I also have a problem with my 10.25" android 7.1 HU's. I I bought the unit from aliexpress in september 2018. At the beginning it worked fine, then the screen began to block when I was using waze. After that, I uninstaled waze but every time, after 10 min of using, the android system it's blocking. The bmw original menu it's working fine.
I updated the android 2 times but the situation is still the same. I'm not using a splitter for the GPS antenna. I do not know what to do!!
Many thanks for your help!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 06:36 AM   #1813
Marcin8690
Rep
Drives: BME E90, 320D, N47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishufast View Post
Hello! I also have a problem with my 10.25" android 7.1 HU's. I I bought the unit from aliexpress in september 2018. At the beginning it worked fine, then the screen began to block when I was using waze. After that, I uninstaled waze but every time, after 10 min of using, the android system it's blocking. The bmw original menu it's working fine.
I updated the android 2 times but the situation is still the same. I'm not using a splitter for the GPS antenna. I do not know what to do!!
Many thanks for your help!!
I have the same problem, the android 7.1 ccc system BMW e90, radio bought in November 2018. At first it worked well. I handed the radio over for service in my city on Friday, on Tuesday I receive, if I can fix it, I will write it.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 05:14 AM   #1814
CleM71
France
Rep
Drives: 525i E60 Pre-LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooYoungForMerc View Post
Hi,
I managed to brick my unit (Coika 2G/32G). Device seems to be 99.9% same as Ugode sells.
I tried all same methods that Taechit did and of course without results.
But tried one more and made my unit back to live again.
Here is how:
1. Removed SMD 10ohm OTG resistor
2. Installed jumper on place next to 10ohm resistor
3. Powered unit and it went in to NO SIGNAL mode (too familiar with these units)
4. Plugged in A - A with laptop.
5. Started RKbatch tool and installed firmware as normally.
6. Removed jumper
7. Installed 10ohm resistor back
8. Powered back to system

This unit has also issue with LCD panel and some other graphic issues
After summer extreme heat (even in Finland) screen started to go white.
Finally found fix for this. LCD panel adjustment variable resistor was cracked.
Why it is is fully engineering problem and bad design! Base plate which supports mainboard is installed on LCD panels back. But plate applies pressure on flex circuit board which is located under tape. VR is highest component on board and take lot of pressure on it. Dirty fix for VR replacement was replace it with 125k variable resistor located on other place.

There is also problem with colors and some leakage of "no signal screen" to Android side.

Overall quality is like cheap tablet and does not impress at all...

ps. do not worry about dirty fixes. This is only test unit for testing sw etc. I replace this with new one because of display problems. Here you can see the frustration of quality products
Special thank to you !
I've unbricked my device thanks to you.
It was pretty hard to deal with the SMD resistor which is really really thin, but it worked !

I was trying to install another ROM on the device, I shouldn't.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #1815
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 XDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
Did you manage to solve the sorting issue with the music player somehow?
I have all my tracks with numbers in front but the app does not sort them correctly it appears to be random listing on the start of the list and then starts to sort them kind of correctly.
i tried to clear the cache to force it re arrange things but nothing really changes.
Also my files do not have any .dots in the file names.
So i end it up using poweramp instead of the stock music player but the use of the idrive knob is better for daily use.
Any help appreciated.
I'm using the update of September, 20th and sorting is perfect.
I have a lot of folders and usually my files start with a number, song number like 01-02 etc. and no problems at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:50 PM   #1816
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenRed View Post
I'm using the update of September, 20th and sorting is perfect.
I have a lot of folders and usually my files start with a number, song number like 01-02 etc. and no problems at all.
That is promising!!!
You have metadata in your mp3’s also ?
Artist , album etc ?

I am wondering if there is a difference between the app from September with November.

I had some free time today and tried several solutions. The one that worked was to total format the sd card , rebuild the MBR sector and copy all the music files again.
Now everything is ok with the sorting in music app.
I am running the 28/11/18 firmware.

Last edited by koutsouk; 02-12-2019 at 07:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #1817
dlock
Rep
Drives: e60

Has anybody got the same problem with youtube app, when you go full screen, theres a black bar at the bottom.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2019, 04:57 PM   #1818
mishufast
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320ed

Hello again! I have a question: my unit is a 10.25 andoid 7.1 unit with a MCU for NBT system but I think my F31 from 2013 has a CIC system. When I ordered I've sent photos to the supplier from aliexpress but he said that I have a NBT and sent to me a android unit for NBT.

Here are some photos with my unit. Please let me know if I have a CIC or NBT.

Many thanks!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 02:20 AM   #1819
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 XDrive20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
That is promising!!!
You have metadata in your mp3’s also ?
Artist , album etc ?

I am wondering if there is a difference between the app from September with November.

I had some free time today and tried several solutions. The one that worked was to total format the sd card , rebuild the MBR sector and copy all the music files again.
Now everything is ok with the sorting in music app.
I am running the 28/11/18 firmware.
Yes, sure... All my files have metadata and since I spent a lot of time editing them to be right and perfect, I want them to be shown correctly.
Let me know if you face issues with some files with metadata like "Feat." etc...
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 04:42 AM   #1820
esoooo
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 320D

i have installed on a F30 with retrofit NBT, the unit powers up, i can access both idrive and android. only issue is, i am unable to set the time in idrive, so on my speedometer cluster it shows ---- and also sound only from left. google maps takes forever despite showing 7 locks in gps test app
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 04:57 AM   #1821
Geoken
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 2013

Quote:
Hello again! I have a question: my unit is a 10.25 andoid 7.1 unit with a MCU for NBT system but I think my F31 from 2013 has a CIC system. When I ordered I've sent photos to the supplier from aliexpress but he said that I have a NBT and sent to me a android unit for NBT.

Many thanks!!
There are several posts in this thread that explain the difference between CCC, CIC and NBT.
Judging by the connector I'd say its NBT. But search the thread to make sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #1822
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:

Many thanks!!
This may help.

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/blog/ite...cic-nbt-nbtevo
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 08:21 AM   #1823
viperguy212
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

For you guys who have it installed, how's Carplay on the Ugode (or other) units?

I really want to add carplay functionality to my 2014 but I figure why not pick up a bigger display for pretty much the same price.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 01:13 PM   #1824
d1egulopes
Rep
Drives: 320i

i have one unit, but i donīt know if is ugode or avin or another. how can I recognize?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 12:26 PM   #1825
sjoskog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F34 & E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperguy212 View Post
For you guys who have it installed, how's Carplay on the Ugode (or other) units?

I really want to add carplay functionality to my 2014 but I figure why not pick up a bigger display for pretty much the same price.
Carplay works pretty well with ugode device. Nothing missing or malfunctioning, except that people complain about hearing me not that well when making a phone call via Carplay (like I would be talking behind a wall). I am a bit puzzled about this as for example Siri recognizes everything without an issue, so the microphone works. Haven't really seen that as a major problem as one can always use car's factory bluetooth for calls.

For the price of ugode device + carplay adapter compared to retrofitting a larger bmw screen and some other carplay box, no doubt I would buy it again.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2019, 04:50 PM   #1826
seanos10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoskog View Post
Carplay works pretty well with ugode device. Nothing missing or malfunctioning, except that people complain about hearing me not that well when making a phone call via Carplay (like I would be talking behind a wall). I am a bit puzzled about this as for example Siri recognizes everything without an issue, so the microphone works. Haven't really seen that as a major problem as one can always use car's factory bluetooth for calls.

For the price of ugode device + carplay adapter compared to retrofitting a larger bmw screen and some other carplay box, no doubt I would buy it again.
For carplay / Android auto calls you should use the oem bluetooth for calls. Carplay and Android auto UI can still be used for dialling / incoming calls also.
Appreciate 0