F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Sirius/XM Channels
ARMA SPEED

10-07-2021, 02:17 PM   #1
sal785
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 320Xi

Sirius/XM Channels

Anyone with a sat radio subscription, what channel does your radio go to? I have the full subscription (All access/Premier) for sirius/XM but only get up to channel 154.

Ideally I would like to get channel 341 Utopia( trying to relive the 90s). Is there a way to update the radio to do this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2021, 08:36 AM   #2
wilbur_the_goose
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 330ix Gran Turismo

@sal785 - I'm betting you have an older car. The older BMWs had Sirius radios, the newer ones have SXM.

You'll need an SXM radio to get the upper channels. And you can't upgrade your Sirius radio.
Easiest solution is to use the SXM app on your smartphone and play thru your BMW (either by cable or bluetooth)
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 11:04 AM   #3
mcsweeto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M-Sport 435i xDrive (6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post
@sal785 - I'm betting you have an older car. The older BMWs had Sirius radios, the newer ones have SXM.

You'll need an SXM radio to get the upper channels. And you can't upgrade your Sirius radio.
Easiest solution is to use the SXM app on your smartphone and play thru your BMW (either by cable or bluetooth)
I've been contemplating other options on this. Would it be possible to intercept the sharkfin's satellite and FM antennas somewhere in the backseat in order to wire in a SXM receiver? Obviously not an elegant or iDrive integrated solution, but it's something.

I'm considering the FM route for audio as I'm using Andream MMI and I'm guessing my AUX options now are nil.
      10-12-2021, 11:26 PM   #4
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur_the_goose View Post

Yep, that's correct.

He'll need to change his head unit to an NBT EVO (ID4, ID5 or ID6) to be able to take advantage of the post merger chipset.

Easiest way to tell would be that the menu has the new "SXM" logo as opposed to the old Sirius logo with the dog.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0