F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Plastic Intake to turbo broke off
Studio RSR

04-03-2019, 11:21 PM   #23
N26Ghost
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRuxpin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by N26Ghost View Post
Purchased the FTP inlet pipe, which unlike the MST unit, is all-aluminum construction (minus a small silicone coupler). It was delivered to day and this weekend, I am replacing FMIC, CPs, inlet and DV with G-Plus, FTP, FTP and GFB DV+.

[IMG]https://www.xd-auto.com/images/com_h..._302903067.jpg[/IMG]
How much was the MST Unit?
The MST unit is $189 from Kies Motorsports and is almost all silicone. The FTP unit is $179 on eBay and is almost all aluminum. Since these pipes are only passing atmospheric pressure air into the turbocharger, it isn't like they'll ever be exposed to high pressure and I'm certain both will function fine.
      08-06-2020, 05:52 AM   #24
rayr2018
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilk View Post
Hope this helps others that encounter the same issue.
so mine broke exactly like yours, although the flange is still connected to the turbo and im unsure how to remove as i dont see a bolt (see pic https://ibb.co/xfN0P6L), this pic taken with my hand down engine bay taking picture blindly, cant tell if the bolt is just covered with oil or what. hopefully i can get a better feel when i get under it this weekend, part comes in tomorrow. what im also confused about as you can see in your pic is the "missing" stem from the "middle" port that you see on the new one in your pic. did this break off too? and if so, is the stem stuck in the hose that connects to it? i havnt investigated it that far yet.
Appreciate 0