F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Another MPPSK Thread !
proTUNING Freaks

09-15-2017, 04:34 AM   #45
Mancster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

For info I got mine done at Williams Rochdale, £1680 with chrome tips.
Appreciate 2
      09-15-2017, 05:36 AM   #46
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancster View Post
For info I got mine done at Williams Rochdale, £1680 with chrome tips.
Have you got any pics of yours with chrome tips? Considering that as I quite like the chrome tips and chrome on the grill of a black car.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 12:03 PM   #47
MaximusJ
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340Xi MG 2017

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
The MPPSK, is an ECU tune, and a full cat back exhaust. And whilst BMW bundle them together, it's not like a car will not work with either of these in isolation.

To take that further, the M240i has a tune similar to MPPSK, yet has an exhaust system similar to stock 340i. Clearly no issues there.

So if the owner of a MPPSK decided to lose the exhaust, he doesn't need to rush out to de-PPK it.
I dont see why not; I was just forwarding the info received from a dealership that previously answered in a similar topic a year back. In a case of a lease where the catback was pulled; that dealer was requiring a reprog to consider back to its original state. Dont shoot the messenger.

Personally, I also think it would run without major issues, but I also have my reserves about this setup being optimal. The DME think the MPPSK exhaust will flow more then the OEM; thus provide higher boost, but would the DME detect that the flow is lower and adapt boost accordingly? That I dont know but I have my doubts and wouldnt touch this car with a ten foot pole; if I knew before purchase unless i get a kickass deal (But would still find another PE and slam it back there). But thats my own opinion.

If I would be stuck with a lease, I would do just like OP I guess, but I would keep it or sell it after the lease to avoid any headache.

Jet Black '06 E90 325I
[Garage]
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #48
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
I dont see why not; I was just forwarding the info received from a dealership that previously answered in a similar topic a year back. In a case of a lease where the catback was pulled; that dealer was requiring a reprog to consider back to its original state. Dont shoot the messenger.

Personally, I also think it would run without major issues, but I also have my reserves about this setup being optimal. The DME think the MPPSK exhaust will flow more then the OEM; thus provide higher boost, but would the DME detect that the flow is lower and adapt boost accordingly? That I dont know but I have my doubts and wouldnt touch this car with a ten foot pole; if I knew before purchase unless i get a kickass deal (But would still find another PE and slam it back there). But thats my own opinion.

If I would be stuck with a lease, I would do just like OP I guess, but I would keep it or sell it after the lease to avoid any headache.
There will be zero flow difference between the two exhausts. It's the catalytic converter which is the bottleneck, so the ECU would be completely oblivious to what exhaust was bolted on the back.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 05:10 PM   #49
Wagstafari
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F30 335d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancster
I was in this exact same position about 2-3 months ago. A month ago I took the plunge and had it installed on my 340. Hands down the best decision I've ever made. Absolutely transforms the car into what it really should have been from the factory. The one biggest piece of advice I can give you is that there isn't a single video on the internet that does the MPPSK justice. It sounds absolutely incredible in person and completely exceeded my expectations.

I took a colleague out for lunch today and launched it down the road in sport mode, he was astounded at how quick it was and then noise it made!

Man math needed. Do it. I promise you won't regret it!
Hi Mate,

Pleasure to read it was the right decision for you

just posting another thread and would be keen to hear your thoughts when you get a chance

cheers.
Sold - 2014 F30 335d xDrive M Sport / Alpine White / MPerformance Rear Spoiler / MPerformance Black Grills / Adaptive Suspension / M Sport Breaking / Reversing Camera / Folding Auto Dipping Mirrors / Sun Protection Glass / Adaptive Headlights / 19" M 442M Alloys / Pro Nav Media Package / Sunroof / Heated Memory Dakotas / High Gloss Interior Trim / High Gloss Shadowline / Xenons /
Appreciate 0