F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to keep using expired E-Sys Launcher Premium by reverting system date (hack)
Extreme Powerhouse

01-15-2019, 03:35 PM   #419
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Hi. Thanks for your tool! I removed Esys, the premium launcher, reinstalled again and then applied the Hack. When trying to do coding I keep getting 'please enter correct pin' and I'm sure I've entered the correct pin as during the launcher setup.

What should I do? I already reinstalled Esys, launcher and hack twice..

EDIT: got it to work, apparently it wasn't necessary to go to that menu. Coding worked fine. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 07:45 AM   #420
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian332isport View Post
Been messing around with dates again, and I've found that the date that E-Sys was installed also matters. I originally installed it on the 3rd of December, and was unable to get anything to work prior to this date.

I've now un-installed E-Sys, Launcher and the Visual C++ Redistributable. Set the date back to Jan 2018 (as an experiment) and re-installed E-Sys and Visual C++ Redistributable.

I tried various dates to see if I could install Launcher prior to 15-06-2018, but got the date manipulation error when installing E-Sys 2.8.2, so we are stuck with this as the earliest date. I obviously ran Tony's script before running Launcher.

After doing this, I can get E-Sys to launch and function correctly (including the FDL editor) the first time it opens. Everything is completely normal.

Tony,

Can you get your script to change the registered install date of E-Sys, or does it need to be re-installed to do this ?

Cheers,
Ian.
Hi Ian, thanks very much for testing and reporting all your results. You've obviously spent a lot of time on it. I'm quite surprised that backdating the E-sys installation date seems to be the solution for you. In my tests the installation date (even in the future) of E-sys, the Launcher, or the other components has never been an issue.... So I can't replicate this behavior. I'm wondering whether this is related to the Insider Build of Windows 10 somehow.

To answer your question about changing the installation date of E-sys by script, I would have to look into that to see if that's possible. However, I would have to be sure that the culprit is actually the installation date, instead of the creation/change date of E-sys' installation folder(s) for example.

Would you like to be my guinea pig and do a test to see what happens when we change E-sys' folder dates to the present on your system? I can provide you with a script. The worst case scenario is that you would have to reinstall E-sys again with a predated system clock.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #421
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dy63 View Post
i tried to do more coding yesterday but stopped working.

it worked fine first. I changed my system date and ran the batch. I then open the launcher and enter pin and it opens esys totally fine like normal. Read FA and SVT and then when i go to edit FDL i get a pop up box

"An error occured while processing the EST file "C:\PROGRA~3/TOKENM~1/E-SYSL~1/FREETO~1.EST". See details for more information. [c157]

EstCmExcecption: Plain validity date and token validity data differ! EST file manipulated!

I dont seem to have done anything different from the first time...do you know what i could do to try and fix this?
This error has been popping up for others as well. So far, there's no solution. I've made some suggestions about this recently in this thread, so if you read back a few posts you might find a clue. Unfortunately, I haven't got much feedback on these suggestions, so I don't know if the problem got resolved for anyone. Based on ian332isport's findings, what happens when you revert the date to a point after your E-sys installation date?

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #422
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levanius View Post
hi, when I run the script I got message "windows system folder locked". I disabled my anti-virus and also windows firewall but have the same problem.
Any help...

ty
If you're using Avast, disabling the shields isn't working. You should disable Self-Protection. It's in the settings -> Troubleshoot. After running my script you can enable it again. In fact, you don't have to disable Avast or Windows firewall at all to run the Launcher or E-sys.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #423
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnd108 View Post
I have run the process to install Tony's rearm script, changed the date... and when I run Premium Launcher I get message "Date manipulation detected" so it will not run.

Your help would be appreciated
My guess is your Documents folder is relocated.
Open Windows File Explorer and go to "shell:UsersFilesFolder" (without the quotes). Find the subfolder called Documents and do a right click -> Properties. Under the Locations tab, what is the path for this folder?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 08:38 AM   #424
ian332isport
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Twoclicks View Post
Would you like to be my guinea pig and do a test to see what happens when we change E-sys' folder dates to the present on your system? I can provide you with a script. The worst case scenario is that you would have to reinstall E-sys again with a predated system clock.
Hi Tony,

More than happy to test things. As I said, this laptop is only used for diagnostics, so I can do anything to it without fear of breaking other stuff. Even a fresh install of Win10 wouldn't be an issue.

Ian.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 10:08 AM   #425
Levanius
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: F30 20d M Pack

Quote:
Quote:
hi, when I run the script I got message "windows system folder locked". I disabled my anti-virus and also windows firewall but have the same problem.
Any help...

ty
If you're using Avast, disabling the shields isn't working. You should disable Self-Protection. It's in the settings -> Troubleshoot. After running my script you can enable it again. In fact, you don't have to disable Avast or Windows firewall at all to run the Launcher or E-sys.

Cheers, Tony
Quote:
Quote:
Any help...

ty

Cheers, Tony
Know it works perfectly. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 05:18 AM   #426
elthox
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 330xd stage 1

Hey Toni,
I fail since the beginning. I am stuck with the priviledges. Cannot run the script because of elevated access. But actually I run it as administrator while I log in as Administrator.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 05:09 PM   #427
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elthox View Post
Hey Toni,
I fail since the beginning. I am stuck with the priviledges. Cannot run the script because of elevated access. But actually I run it as administrator while I log in as Administrator.
What am I missing?

Thanks
Running Elevated means right-click on the bat file and choose Run as Administrator from the context menu. This gives you even more privileges than just being a member of the Administrator group.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 06:39 PM   #428
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi Tony,

More than happy to test things. As I said, this laptop is only used for diagnostics, so I can do anything to it without fear of breaking other stuff. Even a fresh install of Win10 wouldn't be an issue.

Ian.
PM sent...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 08:24 AM   #429
redglory
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 2006 E60 530d

Quote:
Tokenmaster's free E-Sys Launcher Premium is a great tool for using E-sys. Unfortunately, the E-sys .est token file that is created by the Launcher is only valid within a limited timeframe. Outside this timeframe, the Launcher won't start properly and you can't do FDL-coding in E-sys anymore. Reverting the system time back to within the timeframe results in an error 'Date manipulation detected', endless loops where it keeps asking for a pin, or even app-crashes.

Until now.....

I wrote a script that rearms/resets the Launcher and predates several important Windows system folders, so that the system time CAN be reverted. This also unlocks the possibility to switch chassis whenever you like, so no need to wait for 3 days anymore. Simply extract the package to a folder on your Desktop and run the batch-file as Admin (elevated). The latest package can be found here:

https://mega.nz/#F!DRFxVTRS!ufLV3tJ5c5JfCpftR4H5nw

Tested in Windows 10/7 on Launcher 2.5.3 and higher. Older versions might also work. No need for Virtual Machines anymore to keep using the Launcher!

Happy coding everyone! Please donate to a charity if you like the software!

--------
Tony Twoclicks

UPDATE 01/01/2019:
Version 1.7.0 "Happy New Year edition" is out! Added support for Launcher 2.8.2.

UPDATE 29/06/2018:
Version 1.6.0 is out! Added support for Launcher 2.8.0.

UPDATE 29/01/2018:
Version 1.5.6 is out! I've discovered that the Launcher keeps track of the selected chassis in temporary .dat files. These .dat files are now deleted by the script.

Thanks for your tool!

Just a minor fix.

I'm using the latest Windows Home Insider Preview build and your 1.7.0 script was not working.

Had to change just one line:
Code:
rem Change execution path of this batch file to current folder
cd "%~dp0"
to
Code:
rem Change execution path of this batch file to current folder
cd /d "%~dp0"
or else it would fail changing path and finding tools folder.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #430
Jorpibe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw f31

Coding

Hola funciona en windows 8?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 03:02 PM   #431
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I haven't tested on Windows 8 explicitly, but since it works on Windows 7 and 10, I'm pretty confident it will work on Windows 8 too.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #432
nmf69
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G20 BMW 320d

It worked like a charm, Windows 7 64b, E-Sys 3.28, E-Sys Launcher Premium 2.80 and psdzdata 4.15.23
Thanks Tony!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #433
dnd108
Rep
Drives: 2015 535xi M-sport

Quote:
To all the people having problems, uninstall everything (E-Sys, Launcher & Visual C++ Redistributable) and start again.

Set system date to 16th June 2018
Run Tony's script.
Re-install Visual C++ Redistributable.
Re-install E-Sys
Re-install Launcher
Run Launcher and see what happens.

This is the only thing that got me back up and running.

Ian.
I followed above instructions and Launcher Premium doesn't even start for the first time. I changed the clock to 6/16/2018 and installed everything as admin except ESysLauncherPremiumSetup_2.8.2_Build_155 which is not giving me an option to run it as admin.

This is the order that I installed things:
E-Sys Launcher Premium Rearm 1.7.0
vcredist_x64
jre-7u80-windows-x64
E-Sys_Setup_3_28_1_b46869
then deleted c:/Data/psdzdata dir and copy a content of psdzdata inside of v4.12.41_PSdZDATA_Lite to c:/Data/
ESysLauncherPremiumSetup_2.8.2_Build_155

After I run Laucher Premium as an admin, nothing happens at all. The wheel spins for few seconds like is doing something and then nothing happens.

Please help!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 03:58 PM   #434
Tony Twoclicks
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I followed above instructions and Launcher Premium doesn't even start for the first time. I changed the clock to 6/16/2018 and installed everything as admin except ESysLauncherPremiumSetup_2.8.2_Build_155 which is not giving me an option to run it as admin.

vcredist_x64
jre-7u80-windows-x64
then deleted c:/Data/psdzdata dir and copy a content of psdzdata inside of v4.12.41_PSdZDATA_Lite to c:/Data/

After I run Laucher Premium as an admin, nothing happens at all. The wheel spins for few seconds like is doing something and then nothing happens.

Please help!
Check your Event log under Windows log -> Applications and look for any Launcher related entries to see if that gives you a clue to what's happening. It's probably saying 'Date manipulation detected'.

My guess is you've got a relocated Documents folder. Read a few posts back to see how to check and either resolve the relocation, or adjust my script to point to the relocated instead of the default folder.

Cheers, Tony
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 04:00 PM   #435
dnd108
Rep
Drives: 2015 535xi M-sport

It looks like I had to re-run Launcher Premium 3-4 times and then it worked without issues.
When the E-sys started, I am greeted with the screen that is in the attachment (please see attached pic). What should I do on this screen? Just accept defaults or something else?

Quote:

vcredist_x64
jre-7u80-windows-x64

Please help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 06:28 AM   #436
ferbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20 2019 Sportline

Hi Tony,
Iīve run your script as described but cannot open esys launcher 2.8.2. I moved the date back to Nov 2018, then run the script as admin and the launcher is still asking for pin and confirmation. There is no msg about date manipulation. I am running windows 10. Any ideas? Do I have to run the launcher as admin as well?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #437
bgalakazam
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

Garage List
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Did you try just entering any pin?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 07:25 AM   #438
ferbmw
Private
Rep

no; I donīt. Will try and report
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 07:27 AM   #439
ferbmw
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalakazam View Post
Did you try just entering any pin?
No, I didnīt. Will try and report. Does it work doing this?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 07:30 AM   #440
bgalakazam
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

Garage List
2015 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Last times I used esys with the date reset it always asked for a pin. I just enter 1234 and continue.
Appreciate 0