F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
ARMA SPEED

12-07-2018, 03:39 AM   #1519
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcijav View Post
I have the same problem. I updated since 5 week and now I can not connect android part.
Hi, did you find a solution? I'm still facing the same issue and I'm not able to solve it
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 09:58 AM   #1520
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravijordan View Post
That’s the only way I know to get bmw logo
Because I have 2 cars one with Autokit apk and the other one with Autoplay apk
If I set my iPhone with the Autokit apk the bmw logo stays when I plug back into Autoplay 😊
I know it's been a long time, but with the new apk version there is the possibility to upload a custom icon for that!
Today I'll try to set this one I've created, let's see if it works
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #1521
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosley View Post
I know it's been a long time, but with the new apk version there is the possibility to upload a custom icon for that!
Today I'll try to set this one I've created, let's see if it works
Could you share how/where to do that?

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 04:27 PM   #1522
blocksnyc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i conv

Hi Guys,

Sorry if i'm in the wrong place but after numerous amount of research i couldn't find a better place for help with a particular weird problem i'm experiencing. I know this is the F30 section but im having a problem with my E60 Android 7.1.1 HU. The UI change from BMW ID6 UI to BMW Evo UI. This occurred after a weird system startup. Also i lost the ability to control it via the idrive rotating knob. There's a section under settings where after entering a pin you'll be able to change whats called "Mode Set" this is where you select what UI you want the system to use. There used to be at least 5 options one being the BMW Evo New ID6 but i no longer see it. i only see 3 options now(BMW NBT, an Audi one and BMW Evo). I really don't know what happened and how can I get the ID6 UI back. Attached are pics of my system information. Once again sorry guys if i'm in the wrong place but i couldn't find nowhere else with more expertise in BMW Android HU. Any help is highly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #1523
Tekniques
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 E71 (2014)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravijordan View Post
I updated Autoplay app for CarPlay and I don’t know if that did the trick but I’m not getting the pop up screen any longer for usb it just connects straight away now 😀
I've also noticed with Autokit that if Carplay is running and I then turn off the car, come back after some time, connect phone, turn on car, it now automatically brings back Carplay once the system has booted up.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #1524
Tekniques
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex1991 View Post
Well my does not have...
I have the same style unit. You don't need a replacement.
If you have bought the GPS splitter as I did, one end (the single end) connects to the OEM GPS plug. Then one of the splits connects to your OEM Factory unit. The other split, will connect to the Android control unit (not the screen) with the gold plug. BUT, you will need an adapter to convert the plugs as the splitter will not connect directly to the control unit. I ordered this adapter from AVIN, https://avinusa.com/factory-gps-ante...-audi-bmw.html

In your photo, I can see you have connected the third party supplied GPS Receiver. Remove that as it won't be used.

Last edited by Tekniques; 12-07-2018 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 07:59 PM   #1525
blocksnyc
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocksnyc View Post
Hi Guys,

Sorry if i'm in the wrong place but after numerous amount of research i couldn't find a better place for help with a particular weird problem i'm experiencing. I know this is the F30 section but im having a problem with my E60 Android 7.1.1 HU. The UI change from BMW ID6 UI to BMW Evo UI. This occurred after a weird system startup. Also i lost the ability to control it via the idrive rotating knob. There's a section under settings where after entering a pin you'll be able to change whats called "Mode Set" this is where you select what UI you want the system to use. There used to be at least 5 options one being the BMW Evo New ID6 but i no longer see it. i only see 3 options now(BMW NBT, an Audi one and BMW Evo). I really don't know what happened and how can I get the ID6 UI back. Attached are pics of my system information. Once again sorry guys if i'm in the wrong place but i couldn't find nowhere else with more expertise in BMW Android HU. Any help is highly appreciated
Here are the pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2018, 10:10 AM   #1526
StevenRed
Enlisted Member
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84 XDrive20d

Strange thing: my display can play music even without the aux jack inserted! Is it normal?
If I put another scource in the aux hole, it will played and the music of the display goes at very low volume...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:23 AM   #1527
Guerillah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' F30 335xi AW MSport Stg 2

Is there a way to automatically have the android interface load up rather than the idrive one? Also, on that note, is it possible to automatically have it start the navigation? Thanks fellas.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 02:11 PM   #1528
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerillah View Post
Is there a way to automatically have the android interface load up rather than the idrive one? Also, on that note, is it possible to automatically have it start the navigation? Thanks fellas.

+2....I'm in for this info as well.

Guerillah , what's your impressions so far?

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #1529
Guerillah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' F30 335xi AW MSport Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
+2....I'm in for this info as well.

Guerillah , what's your impressions so far?

The android 8 version seems fine so far minus some annoyances such as crappy audio when not playing through the original idrive system and lack of the time sticking even when set to manual or from GPS (not sure why manual isn't even persisting). I think the idrive controller needs a touch interface to really take advantage of the android side as well. I've also noticed that the head unit has color banding issues when YouTube videos are expanded to full screen (not every video does it?!). I'm guessing most of these problems are also on the android 7 version... I'm still satisfied with the purchase but it could be much better if a touch controller was included and the audio was made better... Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 11:19 PM   #1530
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

Have you bought the CarPlay adapter from Louie ? Or somewhere else?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike78 View Post
Regarding CarPlay and autoplay, do you experience any disconnects especially when iphone has low battery <40% ?
I've never noticed that in my car to be honest, but many users reported this issue..
Which box version and app version do you have? Maybe you just need to update them..

Yesterday I've updated both and now I have
- app vers: 2018.11.09.1746
- box vers: 2018.11.16.1029
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:24 AM   #1531
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
Could you share how/where to do that?

Sure!
- First of all you have to put the .png file you want as icon in an usb key and connect it to the Head Unit;
- Open the app (without connecting the phone) and click on Settings (on top);
- You go in the secret menù (press and hold on the app version for 2-3 seconds and then scroll up until the menu appears)
- Go to "select icon" or something like that, scroll down and you'll find the option to select a custom icon
- Click on that and select the file you have in your usb.
Appreciate 1
ronanz1819.50
      12-10-2018, 01:30 AM   #1532
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Have you bought the CarPlay adapter from Louie ? Or somewhere else?
From an italian reseller, worst support ever.. I had so many issues and he was not able to solve anything.. I think all white CarPlay adapters are the same anyway
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 01:42 AM   #1533
mike78
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport (2013)

Can you please post a close photo of the device?
Also, do you remember how long is the usb cable from android device to the the female usb plug? is it more than 30cm?

thanx for the info,
Mike

Quote:
From an italian reseller, worst support ever.. I had so many issues and he was not able to solve anything.. I think all white CarPlay adapters are the same anyway
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 02:31 AM   #1534
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Can you please post a close photo of the device?
Also, do you remember how long is the usb cable from android device to the the female usb plug? is it more than 30cm?

thanx for the info,
Mike
it looks like this one:
https://www.amazon.it/ATOTO-AC-CPAA4...carplay+dongle
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 03:58 AM   #1535
Tekniques
Rep

Quote:
There is no password in that menu.. it's the menu inside autokit app.. when you open the app and you don't plug the iphone there is the possibility to select "settings" there..

You DO NOT have to go to the setting menu in the Andorid system.. Just in the app one..
This is the password popup that I'm getting with Autokit once I press the version to try enter the secret menu. Have you seen this before?

whatever you enter, it always returns "incorrect password".
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 05:23 AM   #1536
RublesMy
Rep
Drives: B w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_m135i View Post
Hey, i've got a big problem, my device brightness is really low. In settings it's on 100%. When i switch to OEM the brightness is clear, but when i switch to Android back, it's dark.
I've checked the wires, but they look good. I don't have any idea anymore, could someone please help me. Thank you
I have the same problem.
Brightness is very low on all android (boot logo, recovery, android). But if iam switch to iDriver, or open "AUX" - i have good brightness. Already installed 3 versions of firmware, full factory reset (also from recovery - wipe cache etc). Also iam root this device and try brightness control apps - no help. What i want to do next - update MCU file, but can't do this: A message appeared "Please wait..." and nomore. Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 09:45 AM   #1537
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekniques View Post
This is the password popup that I'm getting with Autokit once I press the version to try enter the secret menu. Have you seen this before?

whatever you enter, it always returns "incorrect password".
I've never seen that before.. Just try to download AutoPlay instead of Autokit, maybe it will work!
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 02:35 PM   #1538
smahel
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper, 2020 X1

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RublesMy View Post
I have the same problem.
Brightness is very low on all android (boot logo, recovery, android). But if iam switch to iDriver, or open "AUX" - i have good brightness. Already installed 3 versions of firmware, full factory reset (also from recovery - wipe cache etc). Also iam root this device and try brightness control apps - no help. What i want to do next - update MCU file, but can't do this: A message appeared "Please wait..." and nomore. Can anyone help?
Cause not MCU but Android. Try to reset Android with this firmware (it will also reset your settings!) https://mega.nz/#!kIklxYDa!5lSoG7o3z...CEwK3tj5c0E0kQ
If you succeed, and I am convinced that yes, you can update to the newer firmware.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #1539
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Louie just told the the PX6 8.1 with 2GB/32GB is available for a group buy. Price delivered is $455. I would be happy to put one together if anyone is interested.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 01:46 AM   #1540
RublesMy
Rep
Drives: B w

Quote:
Originally Posted by smahel View Post
Cause not MCU but Android. Try to reset Android with this firmware (it will also reset your settings!) https://mega.nz/#!kIklxYDa!5lSoG7o3z...CEwK3tj5c0E0kQ
If you succeed, and I am convinced that yes, you can update to the newer firmware.
BIG THANKS!!!!!!!!!! Finally I won it! Also updated to last firmware from my seller - 2018.11.16 and now all okay
Appreciate 0