F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Activating Navigation and CarPlay
ARMA SPEED

01-19-2019, 10:10 AM   #1
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330i

Activating Navigation and CarPlay

I just recently had a NBT Evo retrofitted in my base 316i and I'd like to activate CarPlay and Navigation. Does anyone know how to do that? I have BimmerCode, E-Sys, and ISTA+, but I am assuming E-Sys will be the one used to achieve this.

Please message me if you have a guide, files, etc. to get it done.

As I said, it's a NBT Evo retrofitted in a car that had a small CIC so I am assuming the process could be a bit different or at least slightly more complicated than it would be on car that came pre-equipped.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #2
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 6sp

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Are you using emulator and if you do does the vin from donor have the 9C and navigation FSC codes? If you are trying to run without emulator you need to purchase the FSC codes and import to activate CarPlay and navigation. If you have emulator it should have worked right away. And do you have the ATM?
EDIT sorry I thought I read apps 9C is for apps my b
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:47 AM   #3
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep

I believe he installed an emulator but I don't know about the rest. They both (gps and carplay) worked for a while after I left but then stopped yesterday but then I got a "loading" status on the navigation menu and I cannot access it any longer.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekelsakka View Post
I believe he installed an emulator but I don't know about the rest. They both (gps and carplay) worked for a while after I left but then stopped yesterday but then I got a "loading" status on the navigation menu and I cannot access it any longer.
If it stopped working either there was no emulator or someone hit the update services button (or whatever it's called) even for my car if I unplug emulator it will work till I let car sit then when I turn it back on it's unaccessable

Someone else chime in but to my knowledge what happened was if it was working the car had the donor vin, then after letting it cycle it picked up your vin, mismatch vin = rejected fsc codes and nav is for sure FSC activated

Try this: hook up to esys and go to the FSC in comfort mode. Then go to check FSC status and see what vin it reads off head unit and if the FSC codes are accepted or rejected.
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50
      01-20-2019, 07:58 AM   #5
tarekelsakka
Private First Class
Rep

midnightf30 I am going to do that tonight and post the results here, hopefully you could point me in the right direction. Thanks for your reply!

EDIT: By the way, I found this FSC Generator online and I was wondering if that's the correct tool to use. I entered my car's VIN number and chose Evo for the map type and this was the result.

Does that mean that all I need to do is find that specific map file, load it on a USB, and then install it in my car?

And if so, would you happen to have a guide on how to actually use FSC codes and things like that? And also where can I find map files? Do I have to buy them or can they be found for free online?

I am sorry for all the questions but although my friend does all these things, I am also trying to learn so I can do it for myself later on without having to bother him all the time.

Last edited by tarekelsakka; 01-20-2019 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2019, 08:27 AM   #6
justanurse
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarekelsakka View Post
midnightf30 I am going to do that tonight and post the results here, hopefully you could point me in the right direction. Thanks for your reply!

EDIT: By the way, I found this FSC Generator online and I was wondering if that's the correct tool to use. I entered my car's VIN number and chose Evo for the map type and this was the result.

[IMG]https://imgbbb.com/images/2019/01/20...4.28.54-PM.png[/IMG]

Does that mean that all I need to do is find that specific map file, load it on a USB, and then install it in my car?

And if so, would you happen to have a guide on how to actually use FSC codes and things like that? And also where can I find map files? Do I have to buy them or can they be found for free online?

I am sorry for all the questions but although my friend does all these things, I am also trying to learn so I can do it for myself later on without having to bother him all the time.
How did doing the check the fsc check work in esys? And ah cool I use one of those for updating my maps yea well basically for mine I just use my vin and create a FSC file for the navigation (DE) I read it with the fsc code generator set to the map I want to update to and create the code, slap the map on a flash drive and plug it into I drive it asks for the fsc code which I got from the generator and just starts installing.

If you need the FSC code files to actually import PM shawnsheridan on here and he'll send you in the right direction but do check FSC to see if that's really your problem first
Appreciate 1
fe7565552.50
      11-05-2022, 12:17 PM   #7
josep15562
Rep
Drives: BMW 316D

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanurse View Post
Are you using emulator and if you do does the vin from donor have the 9C and navigation FSC codes? If you are trying to run without emulator you need to purchase the FSC codes and import to activate CarPlay and navigation. If you have emulator it should have worked right away. And do you have the ATM?
EDIT sorry I thought I read apps 9C is for apps my b
I have the emulator working but I removed it to test the wiring harness. The mismatch happened now I have put the emulator back now it doesn't work. What do I need to check or do to make this work?
Appreciate 0