F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
GetBMWParts

11-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #5457
lateapex'er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by chabzer View Post
Really weird... check others option such as Line detection is set to off and if it's still not working plug it to the purple cable "BACK"
Thanks for all your help! I was able to get it to work after updating MCU & Cust Version to the latest available versions. My reverse settings on the carlinkit seem different from others. I've attached pics of my reverse settings in case other users have similar issues.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 02:41 PM   #5458
scottpaper
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkwick View Post
Hi!

After following the discussions for quite a long time, today I pulled the trigger and bought the Carlinkit from aliexpress ($252 shipped with DHL).

I've watched the instruction video on the first page for BMW F10, but I'm still not sure where should I put the MMI Box.

Do you guys have any idea where can I put the box neatly for F10?
In my 2015 M5 there is a plastic square in the roof of the glovebox that is held in place with a few screws. I set my mmi box in there and reinstalled the plastic square. Very easy and plenty of room!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 04:42 AM   #5459
chabzer
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex'er View Post
Thanks for all your help! I was able to get it to work after updating MCU & Cust Version to the latest available versions. My reverse settings on the carlinkit seem different from others. I've attached pics of my reverse settings in case other users have similar issues.
Good news Enjoy now !
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 02:56 PM   #5460
tikicaca
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d, BMW 650i e63

Hello, colleagues I need your support. I’ve put Andream Carplay MMI together with NBT HU and Cargrade E-Series to NBT emulator to BMW e63. When car is stationary and key is on but without ignition and engine running, everything works fine. If I switch ign on or start engine carplay i switching to nbt and remains untill engine/ignition off. Menu switch is not able to switch it between nbt<>carplay. Carplay unit is still on only display is switched back to nbt, as music via aux is still playing. Do you know maybe which canbus message can permanently switch carplay display to nbt? It would be really great if it will work on old E-Series
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:18 PM   #5461
Masum2004
Rep
Drives: 2013 F20 116i

First of all sorry for my long post.

Thanks everyone for your help and contributions. I was able to install a Road Top NBT unit successfully along with a Backup/Reverse camera.

All works okay except time to time the Bluetooth doesn't connect automatically and I have to connect from my phone. This is especially when I leave the car for long. The MMI is running on BR112 and 20.8.19.23 (MCU). Is there any software or hardware fix for this issue?

I don't have front PDC, I'm thinking to add the front camera. But the question is, how do you enable/access the front camera? BimmerTech video (
@ 17:58) mentions of 4 ways to access the camera - pressing 8 on radio, holding iDrive Menu for 3 sec, pressing selection button, pressing OK button on remote. As I don't have the remote, would I be able to configure a Favourite key (say 8) to switch the display to front camera OR add a selection button (can source one from eBay for cheap but not sure which wires to connect to).

Pressing the Menu button for 3 seconds takes me to iDrive! I don't want to use the Camera option from the MMI as it's long and not ideal.

Could anyone with the aftermarket front camera with MMI (except BimmerTech) please help. I have late 2013 F20 Manual without front PDC sensors.

Thank you.
Attached Images

12-01-2020, 01:03 AM   #5462
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masum2004 View Post

Thanks everyone for your help and contributions. I was able to install a Road Top NBT unit successfully along with a Backup/Reverse camera.

All works okay except time to time the Bluetooth doesn't connect automatically and I have to connect from my phone. This is especially when I leave the car for long. The MMI is running on BR112 and 20.8.19.23 (MCU). Is there any software or hardware fix for this issue?

I don't have front PDC, I'm thinking to add the front camera. But the question is, how do you enable/access the front camera? BimmerTech video (
@ 17:58) mentions of 4 ways to access the camera - pressing 8 on radio, holding iDrive Menu for 3 sec, pressing selection button, pressing OK button on remote. As I don't have the remote, would I be able to configure a Favourite key (say 8) to switch the display to front camera OR add a selection button (can source one from eBay for cheap but not sure which wires to connect to).

Pressing the Menu button for 3 seconds takes me to iDrive! I don't want to use the Camera option from the MMI as it's long and not ideal.

Could anyone with the aftermarket front camera with MMI (except BimmerTech) please help.

Thank you.
I've got mine setup so that it only comes on when I'm parking (PDC is on) and shift to 1st gear but I've had to wire in one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DLV3A...ing=UTF8&psc=1 , it works really well though.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 02:47 AM   #5463
Masum2004
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post
Quote:

Could anyone with the aftermarket front camera with MMI (except BimmerTech) please help.

Thank you.
I've got mine setup so that it only comes on when I'm parking (PDC is on) and shift to 1st gear but I've had to wire in one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DLV3A...UTF8&psc=1 , it works really well though.
Thanks for your response. Sounds great as you have the PDC. I don't have the front PDC means I will have to manually activate it. Hence looking for a one button / quick shortcut option.
      12-01-2020, 03:26 AM   #5464
dws199
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 520d M Sport 2014

Quote:
Thanks for your response. Sounds great as you have the PDC. I don't have the front PDC means I will have to manually activate it. Hence looking for a one button / quick shortcut option.
I don't think it matters that you don't have the front PDC. This cable is effectively a switch that takes two input video feeds and outputs one, it switches between them based on which feed is live. So in my setup the rear camera is only shown when the car is in reverse and then it switches to the front camera feed once the car is out of reverse, since the rear camera only has power when the car is in reverse. The MMI box will display the output of this switch (you plug the output of the switch into the rear input of the MMI and don't use the front input).

So if currently you are seeing the rear camera when parking and in first gear (or drive) then this should work.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 05:15 AM   #5465
zeus_1903
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 2014 3.20d f30

I use carlinkit v9.2.9 version in my vehicle, my phone is iphone 8 plus. I am encountering disconnection problems. Before my wifi channel was 36, I set it to 6 and then the disconnections decreased. Which one do you use? Which channel works best with iPhone?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 11:14 AM   #5466
tikicaca
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 320d, BMW 650i e63

Source code of MCU

Hi, Does anybody have source code of MCU? I'm retrofitting Andream Carplay to E-Series with already retrofitted NBT. I have to do some changes related to CAN-BUS to make it running properly. Currently it switches video back to nbt when engine or ignition on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2020, 07:49 PM   #5467
Masum2004
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dws199 View Post
Quote:
I don't think it matters that you don't have the front PDC. This cable is effectively a switch that takes two input video feeds and outputs one, it switches between them based on which feed is live. So in my setup the rear camera is only shown when the car is in reverse and then it switches to the front camera feed once the car is out of reverse, since the rear camera only has power when the car is in reverse. The MMI box will display the output of this switch (you plug the output of the switch into the rear input of the MMI and don't use the front input).

So if currently you are seeing the rear camera when parking and in first gear (or drive) then this should work.
Thanks again for responding. Just to clarify, when the car is not on reverse the front camera is always on? Or am I getting it wrong. If I'm using the MMI for navigation, phone call will they work and show on the screen.

I only need it when parking on tight space or parking against raised pavement in the front.

How do I activate the front camera, does your's activate with PDC?

Sorry if I sound a bit clueless/deaf here.

Appreciate your time and help.
      12-01-2020, 11:56 PM   #5468
BzsBimmer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 & 2019 X7

Quote:
Thanks again for responding. Just to clarify, when the car is not on reverse the front camera is always on? Or am I getting it wrong. If I'm using the MMI for navigation, phone call will they work and show on the screen.

I only need it when parking on tight space or parking against raised pavement in the front.

How do I activate the front camera, does your's activate with PDC?

Sorry if I sound a bit clueless/deaf here.

Appreciate your time and help.
Are you using the Roadtop unit AND the Bimmertech MMI?
I have an aftermarket front camera and the Andream unit which is supposed to be like the Roadtop unit. No PDC front or rear.

When cycling in reverse the rear camera turns on along with the dynamic parking lines. When moving to D, the front camera cycles on for the amount of time you designate in the menu, and then goes back to the CarPlay screen.

At the moment there is no way to manually engage the front camera on its own like the Bimmertech MMI unit which is different than the Bimmertech CarPlay unit.

Thereís some older posts several pages back where another user ran their module in series with what Iím guessing is a Bimmertech MMI unit, however I tried using their suggestion with my Bimmertech screen mirroring/backup camera module with no luck.

Bimmertech make a lot of products so will need to be careful on the naming or terminology used lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 12:42 AM   #5469
Radekxpl
The General
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35D & E46 M3

Looking to pull a trigger on one if these units, which one is the most bug free user friendly unit these days Andream, Carlink, or RoadTop ? Looking to put this in Nbt f15 X5 thanks for any feedback in advance 🙏
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 08:38 AM   #5470
kus
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d GT

I’m using the latest road top device, no firmware change done
SDK 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
CUST version: CHLR110
MCU Version: 20.9.9.15
HW Version: BMW_CICHL

I have a few question, hope someone here could help with my car BMW F07 2010:

- If I press the steering wheel button for voice, the car voice system starts (also if long pressing), steering wheel button option is on in settings.

- long press center button Idrive works

- the system does not react on her Siri (my iPhone is in middle console so microphone is blocked)

- is there any other option then routing the audio cable to the middle console aus input ? maybe accessing at the quad lock connector ?

- by the way the box came with two options high speed can and low speed can connector, I’m using the low speed can, is this right ?

Thanks for any suggests here
Kai
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #5471
phyco1991
Rep
Drives: F20 125i mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kus View Post
If I press the steering wheel button for voice, the car voice system starts (also if long pressing), steering wheel button option is on in settings.
You can code this out of the car (assuming you don't want to use the car voice control system anymore) using Bimmercode or similar if you have a Bluetooth OBD Adapter. That was the way I dealt with it and Siri works perfectly now using the Voice Control button.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #5472
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
Looking to pull a trigger on one if these units, which one is the most bug free user friendly unit these days Andream, Carlink, or RoadTop ? Looking to put this in Nbt f15 X5 thanks for any feedback in advance
Will you use Carplay or AA? If you use Carplay then I believe that any unit will provide the same experience. If you use AA the I recommend Carlinkit because it is compatible with the custom sw on the first page.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #5473
stylobic
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper s R56 2011

Hi gents,

Wondering which carplay/AA brand you would advise ? Like you guys I would like to upgrade with something modern but on 2011 Audi A5 with MMI and a 2011 Mini Cooper S.
Is the Andream one better ? I cannot find a so well documented thread as this one for Audi B8. I had 3 facebook msg with Andream but at a very slow rate of 1 answer/day.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 12:14 PM   #5474
Lolo_14
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyco1991 View Post
[
You can code this out of the car (assuming you don't want to use the car voice control system anymore) using Bimmercode or similar if you have a Bluetooth OBD Adapter. That was the way I dealt with it and Siri works perfectly now using the Voice Control button.
Can you provide the coding detail or point to a page that provide the setting to do (I have BimmerCode) ?
Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 03:28 PM   #5475
lawnmower351
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
I have the andream unit and custom software. If I press the option button for 3 seconds, it activates the front camera. Works great. My front camera is located above the lower grill and the parking lines makes it easier to gauge the distance to the curb.
Appreciate 2
      12-02-2020, 03:35 PM   #5476
muniz_ri
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylobic View Post
Hi gents,

Wondering which carplay/AA brand you would advise ? Like you guys I would like to upgrade with something modern but on 2011 Audi A5 with MMI and a 2011 Mini Cooper S.
Is the Andream one better ? I cannot find a so well documented thread as this one for Audi B8. I had 3 facebook msg with Andream but at a very slow rate of 1 answer/day.
You may want to check out this Audi site:

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-3G-MIB/page15
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 03:45 PM   #5477
Radekxpl
The General
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 35D & E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radekxpl View Post
Looking to pull a trigger on one if these units, which one is the most bug free user friendly unit these days Andream, Carlink, or RoadTop ? Looking to put this in Nbt f15 X5 thanks for any feedback in advance
Will you use Carplay or AA? If you use Carplay then I believe that any unit will provide the same experience. If you use AA the I recommend Carlinkit because it is compatible with the custom sw on the first page.
Thanks for the feedback, Yes I will be using CarPlay
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 04:40 PM   #5478
Xerxist
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

Cheers! Firefly1337 Very good stuff!!!

I've flashed the "v2.0.B0.mod" right over the Carlinkit from 9.2.0.yl.b and all the trouble I had with the unit were gone.

Connects automatically and focus on the Android Auto screen right after it connects. Been asking the Carlinkit guys for ages....
No more echo's (although I already solved that by using the OEM but I had to switch between the screens)

Good stuff!!
Appreciate 0