F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 Strut Bar
proTUNING Freaks

08-30-2022, 07:25 AM   #309
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBiggles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Yes that's the F3x steel model. I prefer the design of their aluminum model but I didn't see it for the F3x on that website

UPDATE:
Here is the one that I have...

https://www.mstyle.co.uk/wiechers-ra...0-and-f31.html
Nice, reasonably priced too. Ideally the steel one in black (without having to powder coat/wrap!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven11 View Post
Just installed the Wiecher's carbon fiber. The aesthetics exceeded my expectations compared to photos.

My vehicle is a F31 with the B46 engine. No clearance issues. Mine is post-LCI, so I installed a total of 6 new M8 (3 per side) with 30Nm + 90 degree torque for each (part #31306869931; https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-strut-mount-bolt-genuine-bmw-31306862826).

I can appreciate a noticeable improvement in steering tightness. Surprisingly, I also feel it has slightly reduced the steering-to-wheel slop I'm looking to reduce with monoballs.
The CF one does look great.
Note: Just a heads up. The Weichers aluminum and carbon fiber F30 strut braces have the same design which I think is the best. However their steel strut brace is a very different design (just zoom in close on the connection between the crossbar and end brackets). I have held them all in my hands.

The design isn't as good on the steel model and I don't believe that the quality is as good either. It really appears to that the steel model is made for them at another location, maybe by a contract manufacturer.
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2022, 09:57 AM   #310
SirBiggles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Note: Just a heads up. The Weichers aluminum and carbon fiber F30 strut braces have the same design which I think is the best. However their steel strut brace is a very different design (just zoom in close on the connection between the crossbar and end brackets). I have held them all in my hands.

The design isn't as good on the steel model and I don't believe that the quality is as good either. It really appears to that the steel model is made for them at another location, maybe by a contract manufacturer.
Thanks for the info, that's interesting re. design. I'm tempted to save and put the £230 for strut bar towards Control Arms/Monoball instead
      08-30-2022, 03:08 PM   #311
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBiggles View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the info, that's interesting re. design. I'm tempted to save and put the £230 for strut bar towards Control Arms/Monoball instead
If you are short on cash, I agree. I'd do the VAC Upper Control Arms first. Much more noticeable to the driver. Huge positive effect. One of the Top5 mods that I've done on my own car.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2022, 05:05 PM   #312
SirBiggles
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
If you are short on cash, I agree. I'd do the VAC Upper Control Arms first. Much more noticeable to the driver. Huge positive effect. One of the Top5 mods that I've done on my own car.
cheers dude... Research on the way. I'd rather get good parts as & when budget allows
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00