F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > New BMW owner...340i new tint and spoiler
proTUNING Freaks

12-14-2019, 10:01 PM   #1
K_Squared
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i ZHP (Black/Black)

New BMW owner...340i new tint and spoiler

Hey all,

I'm a new BMW owner graduating from an Infiniti G35 Sedan. Today I just got Suntek CXP 40 applied and put on a new spoiler. For those of you who didn't get the M Sport version (which seems like the majority here) here are a few items I think you could benefit from without spending much extra cash.

In hindsight I do wish I had the M Sport fenders and what not but I found a 2016 340i with 28K miles at a great price and it was nigh impossible to find an M Sport within 1000 miles that was anywhere in the same price range. For those of you who made the same decision I did, here you go!

Spoiler was only $160 bucks and Suntek tint was $370. Next up are wheels and maybe lowering springs. I'm a tech guy (not a hardcore car guy) but I want a DD that I'm proud of and that's fun to drive which this 340 definitely is.

Spoiler:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2019, 10:11 PM   #2
K_Squared
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i ZHP (Black/Black)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UbfgtK9Fyriy6Eo28
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #3
perezr10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sedan

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 10:52 AM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Hi,
Congrats!

We are releasing 2 new spoilers for the same price range.

its already available but we are waiting on the test customers to send the pictures so we can post it online

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:40 AM   #5
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Squared View Post
Hey all,

I'm a new BMW owner graduating from an Infiniti G35 Sedan. Today I just got Suntek CXP 40 applied and put on a new spoiler. For those of you who didn't get the M Sport version (which seems like the majority here) here are a few items I think you could benefit from without spending much extra cash.

In hindsight I do wish I had the M Sport fenders and what not but I found a 2016 340i with 28K miles at a great price and it was nigh impossible to find an M Sport within 1000 miles that was anywhere in the same price range. For those of you who made the same decision I did, here you go!

Spoiler was only $160 bucks and Suntek tint was $370. Next up are wheels and maybe lowering springs. I'm a tech guy (not a hardcore car guy) but I want a DD that I'm proud of and that's fun to drive which this 340 definitely is.

Spoiler:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

Cheers!
Nice spoiler! Your photos show that you have an xDrive. Eibach makes a great set of moderate lowering springs for xDrive. If you have the adaptive suspension you just swap out the stock springs. Eibachs get rid of some of the BMW xDrive reverse rake by lowering the front a little more than the rear. Eibachs are only 10% stiffer than stock so you get more control without adding teeth rattling. See attached photos of Eibach xDrive springs vs stock xDrive springs.

If you have no adaptive suspension consider Koni Special Adaptive Shocks at some point. Developed with McLaren with dual valves to provide sporty handling and handle rough roads smoothly. They've been awesome on my daily driver. Exactly as advertised!

Pay no attention if someone tells you the KoniSA's aren't for lowering springs. Koni North America actually tested and approved them with the Eibach xDrive spring kit.
(In "Koni-speak" they consider mild drop springs to be like stock height springs. A lowered spring to them is about 1.5", not 3/4". Have spoken with Koni Tech guys many times. It's just how they communicate and it can be misunderstood by others)

You mentioned new wheels & tires. I highly recommend staying with a square setup. When all four are the same it's easy to rotate them. With xDrive it is required that actual measured tire diameter between front and rear not exceed a 1% difference. Or you can ruin your xDrive Transfer Case, over $4k to replace.

If you start considering staggered setups with wider tires in the rear, do NOT use the sizes on the sidewall or any of those internet calculators. The numbers they use are estimates that are usually way off. Use the actual measured diameter of the model and size of tire as found on TireRack website under the Specifications tab.

I prefer 18" wheels over 19" because they ride better over rough roads and tires are less likely to blow out. Typical stock size are 225/45-18. On aftermarket 18" wheels or even on stock BMW 400M 18" x 8.0" wheels you can easily upgrade to a wider tire to help handling on your daily drive.

I kept the stock wheels and went to summer Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 245/40-18 all around. The change is amazing. Tires stick to the tarmac around turns and soak up the rough roads. Old runflats now seem like old wooden wagon wheels.

Another size option for your daily driver is the MPS4S in 245/45-18. They handle rough roads even better and they fill up the wheel wells more so makes the car appear more dropped than just with the Eibach springs. It's an optical illusion that looks great.

If you don't want to go all the way to summer tires, the All Seasons are a great option. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in the sizes mentioned above. There are two versions that are the same price and have the same warranty. Get the higher speed "100Y" version. The customer reviews on TireRack are slightly better in certain categories.

From one daily driver to another, hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 11:43 AM   #6
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Squared View Post
Attempting to post photos of Eibach vs stock springs
Attached Images