F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Looking for wood trim for gear shift surround
Extreme Powerhouse

02-27-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
akamikehawk
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Looking for wood trim for gear shift surround

Greetings everyone! I'm new to the group and have a trim question. I recently got an F30 but I noticed the silver trim around the gear shift was scratched and bubbling (see picture). I'd like to replace it but I don't really like the silver and I'm not a huge fan of carbon fiber (I know, weird haha). So I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could get trim in wood to match the other interior trim? Thanks in advance for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 01:41 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You can wrap it, although matching the stock trim would be difficult. I wrapped all of my wood trim, as the stock was too dark for my taste. I didn't wrap the shifter escutcheon, I wrapped the trim it sits on, but the escutcheon could be wrapped.

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 07:32 PM   #3
akamikehawk
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
You can wrap it, although matching the stock trim would be difficult. I wrapped all of my wood trim, as the stock was too dark for my taste. I didn't wrap the shifter escutcheon, I wrapped the trim it sits on, but the escutcheon could be wrapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post

[IMG]https://billfitzmaurice.info/images/BMW/Console.jpg[/IMG]
Thank you for the suggestion. Where did you find the wrap? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 09:35 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I got mine from an outfit in Detroit, so I doubt you'd order from there. Google '3M Di-Noc' for suppliers closer to you.
Appreciate 0