F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Interior Ambient Lighting Wiring help..
Extreme Powerhouse

03-24-2024, 04:11 PM   #1
F36Faisal
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i xDrive Grancoupe

Interior Ambient Lighting Wiring help..

Hey everyone,

I recently did an ambient lighting install on my 430i xDrive Grancoupe.

I hardwired the lighting kit. For the main dash area centre console I tapped into the cigarette lighter. For the driver & passenger doors, I hardwired it into the window switch.

However, I’m not sure if I wired the doors correctly, they work as they are supposed to at night time (When the headlights are on). During the day only the centre console and the driver door lighting are on, and the passenger doors are all off.

I wired the door lights to the 12v window switch and connected the accessory wire to the red-blue wire & the black ground wire to the brown wire (there was also a white/green wire connected to the window switch that I didn’t tap into).

It only works at night, so I'm wondering whether the blue/red wire I tapped into was for the light on the window switch.

So if anyone can let me know if I was supposed to tap into the green/white wire or if it’s just a problem I’ll have to deal with.

Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 06:48 PM   #2
Arthurrs
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i xdrive Gran Coupe

Did your car come with any ambient light options installed? What trim level is your Gran Coupe?
      03-25-2024, 10:24 AM   #3
F36Faisal
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i xDrive Grancoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurrs View Post
Did your car come with any ambient light options installed? What trim level is your Gran Coupe?
Hey yeah it did have the stock dim ambient lighting but I just have that turned off now, do you think I should have tapped into that instead of the window switch?
Appreciate 0