F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > BimmerTech F30 Comfort Access Retrofit
Extreme Powerhouse

05-02-2019, 10:20 AM   #441
Digzz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Does anyone know if this comfort access still works ? or is it problematic ?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 10:49 AM   #442
iwantaw335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 320i

I’ve been using it for almost a year now and no problems except when I wash the car and have keys on me. The water that hits the door handles trigger locking and unlocking.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 10:51 AM   #443
Digzz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaw335 View Post
I’ve been using it for almost a year now and no problems except when I wash the car and have keys on me. The water that hits the door handles trigger locking and unlocking.
I'm in two minds to buy this or not. But looking on this page it seems like everyone is having issues.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 10:59 AM   #444
Rebound
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F33: The 435i Convertible

Quote:
I've been using it for almost a year now and no problems except when I wash the car and have keys on me. The water that hits the door handles trigger locking and unlocking.
I have stock comfort access and that happens to me, too. It's normal. Best way to avoid is don't keep the key in your pocket when you wash the car. If you put your key inside the car, for instance, the car won't lock (Test this yourself with a spare key nearby, though! I don't want any angry PM's!)
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 01:23 PM   #445
6spdcoupe
tends to get irritable
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F15,18 M550,20 Highlander

Nearly 2 years now with mine and no issues. Installed several others issue free as well !

AC Schnitzer/Eibach/M Performance/RaceChip/Compustar/Drone/BimmerTech/FireTV/Helix/Dynaudio/Micro-Precision/Jehnert/Audiomobile
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 07:11 PM   #446
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' AW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Coincidentally mine died today, after almost 2 years. Now searching for a troubleshooting guide of some sort.
      08-25-2019, 03:43 AM   #447
nomorebigideas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive20d SE (2011)

@jtskariah @everyone did you ever manage to get your 'alarm trip when using CA instead of key fob' sorted? I have just installed a CA kit on a BMW X3 F25 2011 and am having the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 03:45 AM   #448
nomorebigideas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maciej@BimmerTech View Post
Hi,

Send us an e-mail to support@bimmer-tech.net and we'll figure it out.
@Bimmertech has the 'alarm trip when opening with CA instead of keyfob' been fixed? Is this a programming issue or a problem with your kits?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 05:33 AM   #449
nomorebigideas
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
I just finished my CA to rear doors install and have the same issue with the alarm going off. Mine is very reproducible.

I have my idrive set up to only unlock the driver's door when I use the CA on the driver's door. The first touch I give that door does unlock it, but the mirrors don't unfold. If I open the door, then the alarm will go off.

If I touch the driver's door again to unlock all doors, the mirrors will also fold out and no alarm occurs. Using CA on any other door, since all doors unlock and the mirrors fold out, no alarm occurs.

BTW, I can't lock the car doors using the retrofitted bimmertech handles on my rear doors. Does anyone else have that problem?
@FaRKle - did you ever fix this issue? My alarm goes off when opening with the CA Retrofit system. It's confusing to say the least!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2019, 11:24 AM   #450
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebigideas View Post
@FaRKle - did you ever fix this issue? My alarm goes off when opening with the CA Retrofit system. It's confusing to say the least!
We weren't able to resolve the issue. Bimmertech took back the system and issued me a full refund. It was unfortunate it didn't work, but their support was quick and communicative, and they handled it well.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 10:33 PM   #451
jtskariah
Bud Light General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CS Limerock Grey

My comfort access never was resolved as well. It worked for 1 month before failing. I received a refund for the product but had to eat the cost of install and removal. Be wary of this kit, if you install yourself then if there is a failure you may have lost some time since they should refund the kit. However, if you pay for install you will lose that cost as well as the additional cost of removal in order to send it back and get the refund. If you have any coding such as the M-performance power kit you can run into issues as well. This was a big headache for me since my installer was located 1 hour away and I had to make multiple trips to try bimmertechs troubleshooting to no avail. In my honest opinion as amazing as comfort access is, this kit is asking for trouble down the line. But thats my opinion based on my experience.
      09-05-2019, 10:51 PM   #452
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

My issue was never fully resolved either and I have not used it for months. Just been using my key fob until I decide to unhook my battery and reset the kit so I can use the handles again.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2019, 05:59 PM   #453
mia_chem
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 330e

I've had the comfort access retrofitted for about 6 months or so now, and i've had some issues with it. Most issues have been fixed by just removing the battery terminal for 10-15 minutes, but now it wont work at all. I've replugged all the connectors in the module, but it keeps displaying the blue led as if im touching the doorhandle continously. :c
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 07:59 AM   #454
mia_chem
Enlisted Member
Norway
Rep
Drives: f30 2016 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mia_chem View Post
I've had the comfort access retrofitted for about 6 months or so now, and i've had some issues with it. Most issues have been fixed by just removing the battery terminal for 10-15 minutes, but now it wont work at all. I've replugged all the connectors in the module, but it keeps displaying the blue led as if im touching the doorhandle continously. :c
View post on imgur.com
Update on this; the orange connector has some bad pins i think, cause the system works fine when its plugged out, except for the right doors. I dont really use the right doors for locking the car ever, so im happy with only the left ones working until the climate gets better and I can reconnect the pins
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 02:21 AM   #455
Pilotuh1b
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i F30

G’day Bimmertech. If you’re around I have an install issue.

I have a right hand drive and the power connector won’t reach the right rear battery location. Any other power pick off point options? Cabin or engine bay I guess?

The overhead wire on the supplied Bimmertech harness are not the right connectors for my overhead harness?? What do I do? Skip it or am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 02:47 AM   #456
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Every car I’ve owned with factory comfort access (BMW or equivalent on other brands) does that.
Appreciate 0