F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Full Delete Recommendations needed
Studio RSR

10-05-2023, 03:25 PM   #1
shojeel
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xdrive

Exclamation Full Delete Recommendations needed

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I have owned a few BMW's:
'07 335i
'10 535xi
'14 328d xDrive

The 328d is what I am currently driving with 167k and I have started to hit the stage of needing to replace injectors, NOX sensors, DPF filter and probably more in the near future for the exhaust system. Needless to say, it is racking up quickly and I am now interested in moding/deleting parts to save myself current and future hassle. I could trade in or sell the car, but i think it has a ton of life left and drives great in all conditions, still getting 43.2 avg mpg.

I did some research years ago, maybe 2017, on tuning this car after I had tuned and finished my 535. Back then there was not much out there, but now there is a ton. I have read through a bunch of threads about EGR/SCR/DFP deleting. There seems to be a bunch of different setups that work, but I am wondering which is the easiest to install? I am all for keeping a CAT and Resonator to help keep the smell and "noise" down, which my wife will appreciate more than me.

I do not have a lift but can spring for some floor stands, if need be. I have a jack and have also reached out to my NH friends to see if anyone has anything I can borrow. I love this car and would like it to be my daily driver for the foreseeable future.

So based on my situation, what would be the best source to get a deletion kit with a tune?

I have found combos on sites:
Rawtek + Tunezilla
TuneMyEuro (Buzzken) + JR AutoTuning
Nat Performance Ltd + Stevenson Tuning

Can any of these exhaust kits be used with any tuner?

What will give me the best performance plus mpg efficiency for my buck. Is Eco, Stage 1 or Stage 2/3 optimal?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited by shojeel; 10-06-2023 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: More context added and info needed
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 07:33 PM   #2
shojeel
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xdrive

***UPDATE***

It looks like I am going with the Rawtek Stage 3 kit through TuneMyEuro (https://www.tunemyeuro.com/TME2501). They have been super helpful so far in selecting the right package for me. I do still have some outstanding questions:

1. Are there any miscellaneous parts (like the V Band Clamp) that I should add to my list to complete this project?

2. I am assuming that I should get the Intake and Manifold cleaned and walnut blasted for the best results?

3. I think I can do this safely in my garage. Jack, Jack Stands, some extra cinderblocks and wood incase things collapse. Is there any all inclusive tool kits out there? so far my list for tools is:

Trim Tool
Picks
Dielectric Grease
Electrical Tape
Hammers
Side Cutters
Zip Ties
Pry Bars
Socket Extensions
Sockets 8,10, 12, 13, 15 mm
Torx T25, T50, T60
E-Torx E8
Wrenches 14, 22, 24 mm

Is there anything else I should be thinking about for this mod?

Does anyone reading this happen to be in NH and have a walnut blasting kit?
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2023, 11:21 PM   #3
LuckyB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 328D

How's this going?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2024, 10:18 PM   #4
Gray_Ghost5.7
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 328D X drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by shojeel View Post
It looks like I am going with the Rawtek Stage 3 kit through TuneMyEuro (https://www.tunemyeuro.com/TME2501). They have been super helpful so far in selecting the right package for me. I do still have some outstanding questions:

1. Are there any miscellaneous parts (like the V Band Clamp) that I should add to my list to complete this project?

2. I am assuming that I should get the Intake and Manifold cleaned and walnut blasted for the best results?

3. I think I can do this safely in my garage. Jack, Jack Stands, some extra cinderblocks and wood incase things collapse. Is there any all inclusive tool kits out there? so far my list for tools is:

Trim Tool
Picks
Dielectric Grease
Electrical Tape
Hammers
Side Cutters
Zip Ties
Pry Bars
Socket Extensions
Sockets 8,10, 12, 13, 15 mm
Torx T25, T50, T60
E-Torx E8
Wrenches 14, 22, 24 mm

Is there anything else I should be thinking about for this mod?

Does anyone reading this happen to be in NH and have a walnut blasting kit?
How did this turn out. I’m looking to do the same to my 2017 328d wagon
Appreciate 0