F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9.0 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

09-16-2020, 02:36 AM   #3719
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbuchan83 View Post
Hi Kri,

Will these splash screens work on a E91 CCC with Android 10?

Cheers,
Yes they will work for Android 9 and 10 Headunits with 1280x480px Display.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2020, 06:30 AM   #3720
kevin_Madrid
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e36 and e61 lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
Anyone have an idea what "cockboard ascending state" refers to?!
Today it is known to use this function together with Today it is known to use this function together with AIRMaTIC STATUD (I think it was the name of the other option)ATUD (I think it was the name of the other option)

Last edited by kevin_Madrid; 09-16-2020 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2020, 12:52 PM   #3721
Metafan
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Hi everyone. I want to ask members with a wireless carplay dongle, does carplay popup automatically few seconds after the android unit boots.
I am asking because i have an unit with built in carplay, and each time am on the car i need to go to bluetooth settings click to sync my phone then go to z link for carplay. So i am thinking of buying an external dongle if it performs faster. Am on carplay 99% of the time so it’s important for me.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2020, 06:36 PM   #3722
jc2000
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenza750 View Post
https://we.tl/t-qgN71QL1VJ?src=dnl

if it is newer than others on the MEGA, please put it there then for sharing with other memebers :-)
Hi,
Can you pls reshare the file thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #3723
Gabrielisimous
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 2013, E46 325i 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafan View Post
Hi everyone. I want to ask members with a wireless carplay dongle, does carplay popup automatically few seconds after the android unit boots.
I am asking because i have an unit with built in carplay, and each time am on the car i need to go to bluetooth settings click to sync my phone then go to z link for carplay. So i am thinking of buying an external dongle if it performs faster. Am on carplay 99% of the time so it’s important for me.
Thanks
Yes, CarPlay (wireless) dongle automatic connects a few seconds after unit turned on
      09-22-2020, 09:25 AM   #3724
Metafan
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielisimous View Post
Yes, CarPlay (wireless) dongle automatic connects a few seconds after unit turned on
Thanks
The trip computer in the idrive is not showing any information and the clock is impossible to set, you set it and it reverts back to --:--
Is this normal?
Please help.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:45 AM   #3725
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Some of you don't follow other threads so I decided to post an update here as well. My first born child is here!

Few of you have been waiting for this and I hope you won't be disappointed.

Great Job.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 06:47 AM   #3726
SupersixM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw X6M

Os it possible for the idrive knob to control every action on android side no matter what?

Like this?

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 08:06 AM   #3727
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Great Job.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersixM View Post
Os it possible for the idrive knob to control every action on android side no matter what?
For that you would have to give up iDrive controller in OEM system, make a custom board for the controller and use it as a keyboard/mouse in Android. So no, not possible if you want to retain any control in OEM.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 09:17 AM   #3728
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreBausLE View Post
Hi
On my brand new android HeadUnit i got a unwanted behavior.
Each time i switched to my native BMW menu (e.g. by holding 3 sec the menu button on iDrive), my current playing music app stops playing in the android system.

AUX switch mode is on manual.
my current system version is: Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v3.9.4-ota

is there a general way to disable this behavior?

its annoying when i start a playlist on Apple Music and want to open my journey computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
something of all, if you join the discord channel you can discuss it with "snaggle", he is searching for a solution at the moment

Kri
I have however given a workaround here: install PowerAMP full <= the music continues with this player

with the help of tasker i intercepted the MCU lines which stop / pause all media on android side

Good luck and good day

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:34 AM   #3729
Kmerchant
Registered
Rep
Drives: 730d, X5, 530d, 640d

Level control system failure after installing Android

Hi guys. I’ve updated my 2011 cic x5 with one of the systems locally available running android 9. There is however one prominent problem. I’m getting a “Level control system failure” after installing the system. Any help would be appreciated. I think there is some wiring issue that needs to he resolved.
Attached Images

Last edited by Kmerchant; 09-24-2020 at 02:37 AM.. Reason: Addition of error images.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 03:14 AM   #3730
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmerchant View Post
Hi guys. I’ve updated my 2011 cic x5 with one of the systems locally available running android 9. There is however one prominent problem. I’m getting a “Level control system failure” after installing the system. Any help would be appreciated. I think there is some wiring issue that needs to he resolved.
This is normal behavior, the Android display does not simulate the OEM Display at can bus.
Everyone with this Android system installed has this message at his error Logs.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #3731
Bosley
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 116d 2.0

Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions regarding the CarPlay with Android 9 HUs:

1) I connected the bluetooth to the OEM microphone, but every time I receive/make a phone call, it switches to the Android microphone (which has a lower quality) and I need to change it again from the iphone.. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

2) When I receive/make a call, the volume is much much much lower compared to the music, even if on the audio setting of the Android screen I've set it higher.. Am I the only one with this problem?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #3732
Kmerchant
Registered
Rep

Quote:
This is normal behavior, the Android display does not simulate the OEM Display at can bus.
Everyone with this Android system installed has this message at his error Logs.

Kri
I understand the central information display error. But even the “Level system control”/“Electronic height control” of the air suspension? Or is it that some wire has gotten loose?

Regards,

K. Merchant
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #3733
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
I understand the central information display error. But even the “Level system control”/“Electronic height control” of the air suspension? Or is it that some wire has gotten loose?

Regards,

K. Merchant
You also have a K-Can line fault, so there was probably some shortcut when installing the headunit ?
This can cause multiple ecu`s to produce error codes.
Best way is to delet all the entire errorlog and check it after some days again.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:11 AM   #3734
Kmerchant
Registered
Rep

Quote:
You also have a K-Can line fault, so there was probably some shortcut when installing the headunit ?
This can cause multiple ecu`s to produce error codes.
Best way is to delet all the entire errorlog and check it after some days again.

Kri
It was installed by a local technician who i guess does not have the in depth knowledge about wiring. He said that he has just connected the factory harness to the one provided and connected the same to the system. I’m going to go back to him and ask him to check the connections again. However, do you have any in depth installation tips or the right way to do it? So that we can compare and see what’s been done in a wrong manner.

Regards,

K. Merchant
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 02:52 AM   #3735
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
It was installed by a local technician who i guess does not have the in depth knowledge about wiring. He said that he has just connected the factory harness to the one provided and connected the same to the system. I’m going to go back to him and ask him to check the connections again. However, do you have any in depth installation tips or the right way to do it? So that we can compare and see what’s been done in a wrong manner.

Regards,

K. Merchant
your screenshot is showing the other errors at a lower milage, so for now i would not touch the harness, just deleting fault codes and check if thew will appear again after some days.

there is not much that can be made wrong when installing the HU, ignition should at least be off.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:29 AM   #3736
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
there is not much that can be made wrong when installing the HU, ignition should at least be off.

Kri
Funny you say that... I was rerouting my mod mic cable yesterday and it was getting dark so I had ignition off but my interior lights were on. As soon as I was done and plugged my unit back, screen came up alive. But as quickly as I pressed dome light button, CAN messages started circulating through the car network and screen went immediately off.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:37 AM   #3737
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
He said that he has just connected the factory harness to the one provided and connected the same to the system.
Since the Head Unit is powered as soon as the doors are unlocked, there will be a CAN error when you disconnect the HU from the harness, unless you disconnect the battery first. But as Kri says, we all get this, just clear the errors you have and check again after a few days. You should not get CAN errors again then. I have no errors at all on my E87 with Android screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 04:07 AM   #3738
Kmerchant
Registered
Rep

Quote:
your screenshot is showing the other errors at a lower milage, so for now i would not touch the harness, just deleting fault codes and check if thew will appear again after some days.

Kri
The error is a current and continuous one. It pops up immediately even after clearing all faults. My indie suggests we put in the original system back on and rectify the fault and then fit the android back.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 02:11 PM   #3739
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
The error is a current and continuous one. It pops up immediately even after clearing all faults. My indie suggests we put in the original system back on and rectify the fault and then fit the android back.

Please show a screenshot of the fault codes after you have cleared them.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 04:53 AM   #3740
Zeo85
Rep
Drives: BMW F21

Hey
I just saw on the mega link that it's going to be deleted .. will there be a new one made ?
Appreciate 0