F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
ARMA SPEED

04-09-2020, 05:18 AM   #2883
b777rky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
I can`t see your pictures at the older threads, they are deleted already, also the download.

On which OS version is your system running at the moment ?
Best is always to update and perform a factory reset to have a clean system again.

Your sellers vendor "JLY" is not very common, you have to ask your seller if he has a update.

Kri
Tell me please what photos and videos to upload again, my seller send me an android also an mcu.. But isn t an upgrade or an downgrade, is the same version of my unit
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 05:28 AM   #2884
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by b777rky View Post
Tell me please what photos and videos to upload again, my seller send me an android also an mcu.. But isn t an upgrade or an downgrade, is the same version of my unit
All pictures, check your posts, no one is visible anymore,
best is to use the upload function of this forum to see it permanently.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2020, 06:00 AM   #2885
b777rky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f45

Quote:
All pictures, check your posts, no one is visible anymore,
best is to use the upload function of this forum to see it permanently.

Kri
Uploaded attachament
Here you have a video:
https://we.tl/t-YCbJfRHRLi
Attached Images

Last edited by b777rky; 04-09-2020 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Added photos
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 03:07 AM   #2886
asad5150
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330d

Any chance the android 7.1 can get the ID7 skin ?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 03:28 AM   #2887
RuLzgzF30
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by b777rky View Post
Uploaded attachament
Here you have a video:
Good, you were able to fix the problem? I had the same problem until I tried several configurations in the factory options. From the MCU you have download link?

_____

Buenas, pudiste solucionar el problema? a mí me pasaba lo mismo hasta que probé con varias configuraciones en las opciones de fábrica.

Del MCU tienes enlace de descarga?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #2888
SylvainH
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 2014

Translate PX6

Hello everyone,
I'm newbee on f30 bimmerpost, but in reality I often read these forums !

I have a PX6 rk3399 10.25" on Android 8.1.

I'm looking for updates for this device, I dream of a basic AOSP version, so I read your messages frequently!
But I understood, over time, that I could never put Android 9 or Android 10, too bad I would have liked to activate the dark mode!

My problem is not there, I activate the dark mode in all apps, they offer it more and more often, and I think that for use in the car it's better!

My problem, you will probably have noticed, is that I am not an English speaker, and that these devices are very badly translated (in English too, but less) so I would simply like to translate Launcher3 applications and a few others (naviSettings, ...)

I tried, with URTool (on chinesebmwheadunits github), I can extract the applications, I can decompile them (with APKStudio 5.2.3). After that, I can edit translation errors, with APKStudio, Notepad++ or Android Studio and Translation Editor ...
But afterwards, impossible to recompile? or sign the application? it seems to work with APKStudio and Uber Sign, but the application no longer works, no longer installs, and has a reduced size (more than half!)
Do you know a method of translating an application that does not belong to us? These applications, used by all these Chinese resellers should not be very secure? Yes ?
I also tried to replace the modified ressources.arsc file in the original application, with 7z, but the result is identical, it no longer works!

Do you have a solution? Thank you !
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2020, 02:08 PM   #2889
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvainH View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm newbee on f30 bimmerpost, but in reality I often read these forums !

I have a PX6 rk3399 10.25" on Android 8.1.

I'm looking for updates for this device, I dream of a basic AOSP version, so I read your messages frequently!
But I understood, over time, that I could never put Android 9 or Android 10, too bad I would have liked to activate the dark mode!

My problem is not there, I activate the dark mode in all apps, they offer it more and more often, and I think that for use in the car it's better!

My problem, you will probably have noticed, is that I am not an English speaker, and that these devices are very badly translated (in English too, but less) so I would simply like to translate Launcher3 applications and a few others (naviSettings, ...)

I tried, with URTool (on chinesebmwheadunits github), I can extract the applications, I can decompile them (with APKStudio 5.2.3). After that, I can edit translation errors, with APKStudio, Notepad++ or Android Studio and Translation Editor ...
But afterwards, impossible to recompile? or sign the application? it seems to work with APKStudio and Uber Sign, but the application no longer works, no longer installs, and has a reduced size (more than half!)
Do you know a method of translating an application that does not belong to us? These applications, used by all these Chinese resellers should not be very secure? Yes ?
I also tried to replace the modified ressources.arsc file in the original application, with 7z, but the result is identical, it no longer works!

Do you have a solution? Thank you !
Check out Android 10 Thread, it is soon possible to change strings / images and apps for Android 9/10, the app probably will also work on Android 8, so be patient

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2020, 12:46 PM   #2890
Sopov
Registered
Rep
Drives: F 10

Hey. I want to introduce myself, I Sergey, I live in Spain. The exchange has a small problem, it is necessary to update the MCU, but could not find it on my model. If anyone can help, I will be very grateful. Mod: Android 9, MCU Ver: 415187dLZH-CIC-GTL-190716-B18. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 02:52 PM   #2891
geokor11
Registered
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW F45

Good afternoon from Athens , Greece
Another one dissatisfied owner of a Chinese BMW Android Unit (7.1 - px3) which the screen stopped responding in android mode... ( No signal or flickering issue )
Τhe unit is out of warranty and Chinese seller can't really help me...
He just offered me a laconic way to buy a new coreboard !!!
Is really the correct solution to solve this problem ???
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 02:17 AM   #2892
sprsk
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D F36

Moved to Android 9 thread

Last edited by sprsk; 06-26-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 05:14 PM   #2893
micdarau85
Rep
Drives: bmw 318d msport edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyb540 View Post
Hello,
Just got the Ugode 10.5" w/ android 7.1
Couple questions if anyone can assist please
1. Anyone know how to change Metric to Imperial units? Km to Mile / Liter to Gallon?
2. Which is the power cable that keeps the unit in standby? Every time i turn the car on the clock is reset to 12:50
hi there
did you manage to change it?!
mine it looks like my car can do 260mls/hr
would love to be able to change it and maybe the torque values aswell
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2020, 06:33 PM   #2894
jc2000
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Hi All,
Where can i find the lastest firmware for PX6 and the ID7 Interface?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2020, 01:57 PM   #2895
rao83
Rep
Drives: E60

Did you manage to get a solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse31 View Post
Hello,

I have an 2005 e87 with CCC idrive, I have ordered an android 8.1 HU PX6 (rk3399) for CCC.
After connecting it (can A with can2, can B with can 1) and configuring it (cartype: e60 2005 6.5inch, idrive_B, etc ...), Everything seems to work : android boots, idrive can move on the android id6 menu, I can see infos about the fuel etc on android ... BUT, when I try to go to "Car Info" (aka BWM OEM menu), idrive does not work on it.
To be more precise : all the movements I do on idrive when in OEM menu, is interpreted on the android side, like if the MCU does not resend the idrive moves ...
I have contacted the seller, he had me doing several attempts, like :

- using can C instead of can B
- mcu updates (3 times, 3 different mcuupdate.bin).
- can data log : it shows data passing, and shows data from the idrive (0x1b8) but it does not specifies if it comes on can 2 (from the idrive) or goes on can 1 (to the CCC controller) so in my case, its useless ...

none attempts have worked.
I don't think it is a hardware problem since the moves are used on android instead of OEM menu, that means they are received, but the "switch" to can 1 (CCC controller direction) is not happening for some reason ...
I'm going desperate, if some good soul have an idea, I would be really, really, thankful.

Thanks a lot for reading.
Regards,

--
Ulysse31
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 08:55 AM   #2896
cza1zip
Rep
Drives: f20 118d X-drive Urban

Hi guys. I just got my new 10.25" android unit with builtin carplay. Everything seems to work well besides carplay and calling. If I connect to carplay android bt will automatically disconnect and only my OEM BT will stay connected. I suppose that all callings should go thru carplay wifi connection but no. When I called someone, microphone doesn't work. Could someone have similar problem?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 04:10 AM   #2897
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW E60

Hello to all
Does anyone know how to connect the unit on bench ?
Only the screen without the rest of the harness because it is installed into the car.
MCU messed up and i am trying to figure out what can i do to recover it.
For the moment the unit powers up but nothing on screen.
I can see that is powered up because it is connecting with my phone via Bluetooth .
But i can`t see anything on the screen.
I tried to connect with only the main big plug without anything else but again nothing.
Before that i tried to update the MCU with the correct file but the counter never reached 100% . It was going to 20% and then started over forever. After many times tried had the same result.
I disconnected the screen , reconnected and nothing from that time on screen.
Any help appreciated !
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 05:12 AM   #2898
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
Hello to all
Does anyone know how to connect the unit on bench ?
Only the screen without the rest of the harness because it is installed into the car.
MCU messed up and i am trying to figure out what can i do to recover it.
For the moment the unit powers up but nothing on screen.
I can see that is powered up because it is connecting with my phone via Bluetooth .
But i can`t see anything on the screen.
I tried to connect with only the main big plug without anything else but again nothing.
Before that i tried to update the MCU with the correct file but the counter never reached 100% . It was going to 20% and then started over forever. After many times tried had the same result.
I disconnected the screen , reconnected and nothing from that time on screen.
Any help appreciated !
Connecting power is enough for a bench setup, if it still does show no image, then likely your mcu, which controlls the display, is bricked :/

Kri
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 06:03 AM   #2899
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Connecting power is enough for a bench setup, if it still does show no image, then likely your mcu, which controlls the display, is bricked :/

Kri
Well the issue is that when i connect power externally the red led light on the cpu does not flash and i am wondering if it needs power on signal.
in any case yes the issue is that the MCU is bricked. i am trying to find a way to recover since i have the correct MCU file .
But to do so i must have it on bench and since now i cannot connect it.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 06:29 AM   #2900
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koutsouk View Post
Well the issue is that when i connect power externally the red led light on the cpu does not flash and i am wondering if it needs power on signal.
in any case yes the issue is that the MCU is bricked. i am trying to find a way to recover since i have the correct MCU file .
But to do so i must have it on bench and since now i cannot connect it.
The Units do have a fallback function, when they get power but there is no CAN connected they do start immediateley.

The only possibility would then to open the Headunit and flash the Devices directly with a special hardware flash tool.
This requires high electronics skills, and its not shure to work at all without the knowledge of the entire board

Kri
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #2901
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Quote:
The Units do have a fallback function, when they get power but there is no CAN connected they do start immediateley.

The only possibility would then to open the Headunit and flash the Devices directly with a special hardware flash tool.
This requires high electronics skills, and its not shure to work at all without the knowledge of the entire board

Kri
I know.
I have done a research for that in XDA and found a guide about this procedure but our board has only 3 test points for the MCU. Grd, sda , scl so i do not know if the installation will be successful with this 3 pins. The missing one is the 3,3v test point so i am confused a bit !
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 04:15 AM   #2902
koutsouk
Private First Class
Greece
Rep

Update
I found the correct pads .
This is a photo from the board with the correct pads waiting for cable soldering !
https://mega.nz/file/lRp3DILb#FghV8r...80oNEXAWTlCLzU
I was looking in a different spot on the board !

Now i am waiting for @__fred__ to send me the correct bootloader and MCU to continue with the task !
I hope with his help to have success !

I do not know if he is still active in that forum but i really need his help or if anyone knows the procedure how to adapt the custom bootloader and then the MCU file into the st32 chip !!

I have already ordered this programmer to be ready for flashing .
https://grobotronics.com/stm-program...ini.html?sl=en
I hope is the correct one for the job !
Is it ? Does anyone know ?

He did it and posted that in this post but i do not know what to do next
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=2222

Any advice accepted friends !

Last edited by koutsouk; 10-13-2020 at 05:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 10:49 PM   #2903
darthvader1970
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 2013

@vila84 @phatsua I have a Px3 with 2GB. Upgraded now GPS is not working. All other functions are fine.

Am unable to revert to any other image. It is as if the USB drive with px3.img is not detected. Any suggestions to help downgrade?

Using ADB command is it possible to flash a new image?

Any other solution? I am really kicking myself for not checking on the comments before upgrading
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 07:12 PM   #2904
TheRoss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31 320xD 135 KW 10/2014

deactivating reverse-camera Display

Hi Folks,

is it possible to disable the reverse camera display to the original one from BMW when putting in reverse?
I really can't find the option to disable that. And since I don't have a reverse camera on that car, I'd like to get to the stock one when putting in the reverse gear.

Maybe someone can send me a factory.xml file for the px3 devices, which as the option to disable the custom reverse-shift display. I remember that I had those options in there before I upgraded the firmware of it.

Thanks

Last edited by TheRoss; 10-31-2020 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0