F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Dealer Star Ratings
proTUNING Freaks

09-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #1
-AndyH-
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: F31 330d X-Drive M-Sport

BMW Dealer Star Ratings

After some terrible servicing/repair work by a local dealer + complaint to BMW UK (who have effectively said it is nothing to do with them), I am kind of interested about the dealer star ratings they publish.

I have had quite a few problems by my local dealer (bad workmanship, damage to car, poor customer service and communication) and each time I get an email asking to fill in an online questionnaire and provide various star ratings. I am quite critical each time, but with fair reason and justification.

It is interesting that my feedback and star ratings have never been published. In fact, I've spoken to four close neighbours with BMWs who have also had problems with this dealer and given negative feedback that was not published.

Do BMW UK (who say they collate this information) selectively choose which star ratings/feedback to publish and which not to publish?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:50 PM   #2
Englishbloke
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d TB

If they aren't putting negative reviews on I would imagine its a matter for trading standards.

I also had problems with my dealer and was shocked when BMW declared it was nothing to do with them!? Of course it is, if a customer is not happy with a BMW dealer it's everything to do with BMW! I might as well go to Arnold Clarke otherwise. Got the issue in front of someone more important in the end, they sorted it for me
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
-AndyH-
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Was it someone at BMW UK or the dealer principal who got it sorted for you in the end?

The guy at BMW UK has tried to wash his hands of everything by saying its a dealer problem and nothing to do with BMW UK. I would accept this if it was one problem, but it is a whole catalogue of issues I have had.

The dealer principal has already rung me and said he doesn't do compensation and asked what I am looking for out of this. I told him that I am not going back to that dealership because they've damaged the car on the last two visits, performed poor repairs (screws missing/trim missing/clips broken) and the attitude of their service advisors is truly dire.

I asked the guy at BMW UK where do I go if I am not happy with the response from the dealer principal. I doubt I will get a response - he also failed to respond to my last question about why they have failed to publish the last three feedbacks I gave online, countless telephone feedbacks and the last two post feedbacks. It's worrying when BMW UK phone you about your recent repairs/servicing, you tell them some horror stories and no one bothers to phone you back or follow up.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
BMWSKI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E63 AMG Saloon :)

this is shocking.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
mactrack
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G42 M240iX

Whilst I had a very good pre-sales and handover service from the dealer I bought mine from the after-sales service was appalling. I complained accordingly, and copied it to the dealer principal, and he duly ignored me as well! Which sums up the whole dealership to a tee.

I noticed the star ratings on their dealer specific website and wondered how you even get to leave feedback as funnily enough I've never received any invitation to do so.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #6
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Where is this web site that shows "Star Rating"?.
      09-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #7
-AndyH-
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Where is this web site that shows "Star Rating"?.
http://content.bmw.co.uk/bmwuk/surveys/star_rating

Each dealer site has it (e.g. And this is not the dealer I have complained about: http://www.sytnernottinghambmw.co.uk...ar_rating.html)

I've received two emails asking me to fill in a very long questionnaire and give star ratings for virtually everything. I think took me close to an hour to complete the thing!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
-AndyH-
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactrack View Post
Whilst I had a very good pre-sales and handover service from the dealer I bought mine from the after-sales service was appalling. I complained accordingly, and copied it to the dealer principal, and he duly ignored me as well! Which sums up the whole dealership to a tee.
In situations like this, BMW has a duty of care to get involved. I think it's outrageous you spend many thousands on their cars, have problems with after-care and they then turn round and say it is nothing to do with them.

I had a funny feeling BMW were deliberately censoring some of the star ratings to keep the dealer in question getting above 4/5 stars for after sales. Virtually every time I have been to collect my car over the last eight months, there has been someone really angry in the service department.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #9
Englishbloke
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d TB

Sounds terrible, what I have come to expect from car dealers though I'm afraid.

I had to go to a higher power in the end (the MD of BMW UK), who claims customers are very important and sorted it within hours.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 03:11 AM   #10
jakeb1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 320D M Sport

there are some negative ones here.........

http://www.cooperbmwipswich.co.uk/ab...ar_rating.html
Appreciate 0