F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Are you enjoying your BMW?
ARMA SPEED

10-06-2017, 12:54 AM   #89
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

I think i agree with almost all sides in the sense that I do actually like my car enough to think it's sorta special even in a sea of Hyper and SuperCars.. and even its upper version... just because of what it means to me, I feel lucky to have it and be able to (mostly) afford it. I park it carefully and take well enough care of it sometimes hand washing all day in a place city where that's not normal. If you're in this room talking about your BMW no matter the class, you should know you're luckier than most.

That said, I do wish i could drive my car much more but like some others here, living in a metro area really kills that. I do think all cars should be driven unless it really is meant to be in a museum. I still won't be a jerk and take up multiple spots or park it that much out of the way... but I will sadly think about it lol.

There doesn't have to be any mutual exclusivity in how you value what you have as a car or anything else. I am on both sides of things where I sometimes get OCD about washing it and really appreciate it... to not washing it for months, being burdened by it, etc.
Appreciate 2
jmg18703.50
jeffc83725.00
      10-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #90
la02max
Private
Rep
Drives: E53 4.8is

I have a 2002 6MT maxima as a DD. 220k miles and climbing. That's my high school car, and it still looks like new.

I got my 335 in November of 2014 and I have 50k miles on it, so it's definitely no garage queen either. I take care of both of my cars (rather, everything I own) and I enjoy the hell out of driving them! I took the F30 on a 3600 mile road trip last year and had a blast. I detoured to the Tail of the Dragon and F30+non-RFT+bilsteins/H&R's = tons of fun on that road. I'll continue to take the maxima to/from work most days but the BMW definitely still gets its share of the road.
Appreciate 2
      10-06-2017, 03:08 PM   #91
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i XDrive Luxury Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearLA View Post
I think i agree with almost all sides in the sense that I do actually like my car enough to think it's sorta special even in a sea of Hyper and SuperCars.. and even its upper version... just because of what it means to me, I feel lucky to have it and be able to (mostly) afford it. I park it carefully and take well enough care of it sometimes hand washing all day in a place city where that's not normal. If you're in this room talking about your BMW no matter the class, you should know you're luckier than most.

That said, I do wish i could drive my car much more but like some others here, living in a metro area really kills that. I do think all cars should be driven unless it really is meant to be in a museum. I still won't be a jerk and take up multiple spots or park it that much out of the way... but I will sadly think about it lol.

There doesn't have to be any mutual exclusivity in how you value what you have as a car or anything else. I am on both sides of things where I sometimes get OCD about washing it and really appreciate it... to not washing it for months, being burdened by it, etc.
VERY well said! Since I cannot plus and only "appreciate" the post, here's a +1 anyway

That seat was meant to be used, are you going to deny it's purpose in life?
Appreciate 1
TopgearLA119.50
      10-06-2017, 05:22 PM   #92
TopgearLA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Med Blue 530e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc83 View Post
VERY well said! Since I cannot plus and only "appreciate" the post, here's a +1 anyway
haha yeah its a double edge sword when you have any car that is subjectively and objectively "nice". I really do care about it cuz of myself, not really cuz of what others will think... especially living in LA... I don't have a Veyron, P1,a 911 or even my own property. So I am never going to be able to compete with that level of rich and nonchalant. Even leasing my cars I take care of them like mint- whoever ends up buying out my off-lease car doesn't know how lucky they are. I mean i even will get bumps, scratches and defects fixed as they happen.

I remember getting my first luxury car, a Lexus IS250 like 9 years ago and that meant the world to me. It's all perspective, some of us are fortunate to have less to appreciate the more. I'll drive my cars and sometimes sportingly but I wont abuse or run it into the ground.
Appreciate 1
jeffc83725.00
      10-06-2017, 05:40 PM   #93
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearLA
Quote:
haha yeah its a double edge sword when you have any car that is subjectively and objectively "nice". I really do care about it cuz of myself, not really cuz of what others will think... especially living in LA... I don't have a Veyron, P1,a 911 or even my own property. So I am never going to be able to compete with that level of rich and nonchalant. Even leasing my cars I take care of them like mint- whoever ends up buying out my off-lease car doesn't know how lucky they are. I mean i even will get bumps, scratches and defects fixed as they happen.

I remember getting my first luxury car, a Lexus IS250 like 9 years ago and that meant the world to me. It's all perspective, some of us are fortunate to have less to appreciate the more. I'll drive my cars and sometimes sportingly but I wont abuse or run it into the ground.
You know how it works, haha. I still find my 2002 Maxima the best car I owned until this one and am glad I decided to sell it to my father as he just wanted a set of reliable wheels and I knew I took care of it. Hell, I even treated my soccer mom minivan well seeing as I paid 300 for it at the time then dumped 3k into it. Honestly do you think I cared what people thought at the time? I pimped the hell out of it and enjoyed every moment as many kids didn't have a car then lol. I grew up learning to appreciate whatever I have, even if it is pure s**t!

Same with the spirited driving; of all cars I've had, this one is actually designed for it lol.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 06:20 PM   #94
donkey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 6MT M2

Quote:
You know how it works, haha. I still find my 2002 Maxima the best car I owned until this one and am glad I decided to sell it to my father as he just wanted a set of reliable wheels and I knew I took care of it. Hell, I even treated my soccer mom minivan well seeing as I paid 300 for it at the time then dumped 3k into it. Honestly do you think I cared what people thought at the time? I pimped the hell out of it and enjoyed every moment as many kids didn't have a car then lol. I grew up learning to appreciate whatever I have, even if it is pure s**t!

Same with the spirited driving; of all cars I've had, this one is actually designed for it lol.
I had a 5th gen Maxima (5MT) as well and it was amazing, still good by todays standards. I regret selling that car.

The 6+ gen maximas don't come anywhere close.
Appreciate 1
jeffc83725.00
      10-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #95
jeffc83
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive
Quote:

I had a 5th gen Maxima (5MT) as well and it was amazing, still good by todays standards. I regret selling that car.

The 6+ gen maximas don't come anywhere close.
Yep, they really did a number on that car! I get pissed when I visit my pops too because he leaves the Max outside, never washes it and well, it's starting to rust out as expected. Really irks me but I keep telling myself "I'll be there one day too (hopefully)" and just let it go...it's his car, let him kill it against my advice lol.

I'm also not ashamed to admit that very same car was repossessed back when I hit hard times financially so it means a bit more than just a car seeing as I paid up like a man and owned up to my mistake after it happened. It really sucked as I had to let go of almost everything of value but also taught me quite a few lessons. Always pay early now and I mean EARLY! lol

This might also be why I laugh when I see some of these people complain about the stupidest of things that they don't like about their bimmer or even the gentleman that was set straight via the quote below; some are never happy when others are always content and very appreciative of what they have! Enjoy your Bimmers as it truly is a privilege to drive, lease and/or own! Car bless you all

Appreciate 0