F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Members Classifieds > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > WTB: Lowering Springs for x-drive model
proTUNING Freaks

12-10-2019, 04:35 PM   #1
NDB24
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

WTB: Lowering Springs for x-drive model

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking to purchase lowering springs that are compatible with x-drive models.

Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
CntryClub007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i | 2015 X5-50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tastycakes View Post

Thanks.
Dinan springs 340i xdrive. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1665646
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 10:46 PM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastycakes View Post

Thanks.
You don't say what year or model? Standard or adaptive suspension? Do you intend to change shocks too?

I've got a '15 335i xDrive. Getting moderate drop springs is pretty straight forward for my model. I had the two choices below:

Eibach Springs: Front drop 0.8", Rear 0.6". Gets rid of some of xDrive reverse rake where front wheel gap is more than the rear. About 10% stiffer than stock.

Dinan Springs: 0.75" all around so doesn't change reverse rake. About 30% stiffer.

There are other spring sets that drop 1.5" or more. People do it but it puts stress on the front xDrive suspension that isn't designed for it. Some include H&R, and a different Eibach part number.

Your car may have different options. The more that you drop a car the more you need to be concerned about the shocks being designed for the shorter piston travel. A lowered spring set can quickly destroy stock shocks as they bottom out all the time.

For my car, Koni Special Active Shocks work well with moderate drop springs. I have Eibachs. Other shocks that are designed for dropped springs include Koni Sport Yellow (which are adjustable for ride quality) and Bilstein B8's which have just one setting done at the factory.

If you have an xDrive with the adaptive suspension, many guys have installed the moderate drop Eibach Springs and like them.

Search for forum posts from Farkle! He puts out great information about springs, shocks and bump stops.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 1