F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Andream MMI Box - Wireless CarPlay & Android Auto
proTUNING Freaks

08-05-2020, 12:24 PM   #4005
ViperBoy2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

Upgraded to the latest "B" custom firmware from "A" on my Andream and it resolves wired AA auto start and night mode change. However, I have lost wireless AA connectivity even if I connect to wifi using the 12345678 passwd

When I click either the ios or android icons, nothing happens - no warning msg like the USB gives or any hint that it started an app (previously I got a dialog about not being connected). Is there some way to reset all config? Selecting "reset" in the settings menu just reboots - it doesn't reset config

Since wired AA works, I'm using that, though i start the car and then connect the wire. Otherwise I sometimes get reboots or failure to connect
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #4006
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 320I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperBoy2 View Post
Upgraded to the latest "B" custom firmware from "A" on my Andream and it resolves wired AA auto start and night mode change. However, I have lost wireless AA connectivity even if I connect to wifi using the 12345678 passwd

When I click either the ios or android icons, nothing happens - no warning msg like the USB gives or any hint that it started an app (previously I got a dialog about not being connected). Is there some way to reset all config? Selecting "reset" in the settings menu just reboots - it doesn't reset config

Since wired AA works, I'm using that, though i start the car and then connect the wire. Otherwise I sometimes get reboots or failure to connect
Unpair the mmi bluetooth connection from your phone. Then go to Settings - - Wireless Devices -- CarPlay Pairing in the mmi and click Start Search. Wait until your phone appears on the list then click on the phone name to re-pair your phone. AA should then appear.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #4007
Matusov
Matusov
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G07

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
Just a point to note.

You can update the MCU to the Bimmertech MCU (also on the 1st page) once this update is installed.

But if you want to flash back to the Andream / Carlinkit / Roadtop MCU you will have to reflash your mmi with the correct software for your unit first then update the MCU.
Thanks for all the hard work!

I just flashed the software (not the MCU) on my Carlinkit. I only spent 15-20 min on it and so far I noticed couple of things:

1) It now automatically goes into AA wirelessly after 20 or so seconds
2) As far as "Autolink Mirroring Screen Size Fix" i don't see any changes from previous versions on my X5 F15 NBT 10.25 screen. There are still black bars on both sides. Was hoping it would be full screen...
3) Some odd behavior when trying to go in and out of Mirror Link. If going from AA it did not launch Mirror Link unless I disconnected and reconnected the wire. And the same thing going back to AA from Mirror Link, it would not go back unless I unplugged and plugged the wire back in. Is this normal?
4) The menu button does not exit out of AA or Mirrorlink anymore.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 12:52 PM   #4008
Unspec
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARR601 View Post
Had frequent disconnections on 6. Changed to 36, been fine ever since.
This is because channel 6 is 2.4ghz WiFi, and 36 is 5ghz. 2.4ghz is hugely congested and is very prone to interference.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 02:15 PM   #4009
jluzbet
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F15 X5, E93 335

Wondering if you can help with my issues.

1- Reverse Camara does not come in, it did when I tested bedore putting it together, prc makes the sound however.

2- if I select Spotify music wont be heard if I dont choose carplay on the phine, it defaults to Bluetooth of car

3 - Calls, same thing as 2, for me to listen I need to take off car,

Pretty sure I am missing a step along the line.

Thank you in advance
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:02 PM   #4010
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluzbet View Post

Thank you in advance
1- Reverse Camara does not come in -- make sure that the camera is set correctly in settings as either original or aftermarket

2- if I select Spotify music wont be heard if I dont choose carplay on the phine, it defaults to Bluetooth of car -- try switching off media audio in idrive bluetooth setting

3 - Calls, same thing as 2, for me to listen I need to take off car, --- not sure on this. I use Android

Last edited by muniz_ri; 08-05-2020 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 06:05 PM   #4011
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusov View Post
Thanks for all the hard work!

I just flashed the software (not the MCU) on my Carlinkit. I only spent 15-20 min on it and so far I noticed couple of things:

4) The menu button does not exit out of AA or Mirrorlink anymore.
Double click the back button to exit AA.
Appreciate 1
Matusov13.50
      08-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #4012
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluzbet View Post

1- Reverse Camara does not come in, it did when I tested bedore putting it together, prc makes the sound however.
Check to make sure your connection is good. I had same issue and found that my crimp connection wasn’t making full contact.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 07:14 PM   #4013
phil5556
Private
Rep
Drives: 330D Touring E91 2011

Not totally related to this thread but has anyone else got a new voice in Google maps??

The google maps lady has taken the night off by the sounds of it and been replaced by a guy.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #4014
Matusov
Matusov
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G07

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil5556 View Post
Not totally related to this thread but has anyone else got a new voice in Google maps??

The google maps lady has taken the night off by the sounds of it and been replaced by a guy.

You can change the voice back to English(US) in the Navigation Settings of the maps if you want the lady to tell you where to go.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #4015
TE26M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nardo Grey M5 Competition

Sorry if this was answered, but I have the Andream system and I have a few comments/questions that maybe you guys could help with. I apologize in advance, but I searched the thread and couldnt find exactly what I was looking for.

I have the Andream unit in my F10 M5 and installed it perfectly.
SDK: 25.0.0.5.6.0.0.0
MCU: 20.4.2.14 (downloaded the MCU 20.06.02.zip...need to know how to upload to unit)

I use Apple Carplay as well through my iPhone 10.

1. Wifi shows on my phone as Carplay but says below it No Internet Data Available. PW is 8888888. Anyone have this issue?

2. Phone calls come in on the Carplay, but when I call someone or use my calls through carplay I cant hear anyone but they can hear me. Also, sometimes if I answer through carplay the call immediately drops.

If I use my calls and have it connected through the BMW BT, both work.

3. USB plug doesnt seem to work but all connections are secure

4. How do I upload the latest firmware into the Andream unit? I downloaded MCU 20.06.02

5. Airplay doesnt recognize because the wifi doesnt have internet data

Seeing if anyone could help and MUCH APPRECIATED.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:22 PM   #4016
jacobtc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F20LCI

Just got version 2 installed on my Andream unit, and it seems to work great with auto connect etc. The only problem I have is when I have auto switch AUX on, it seems to switch to it every 1-2 minutes, meaning that if I hear radio, it will switch to AUX by it self.

Does anyone else have this problem as well?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:30 PM   #4017
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobtc View Post
Just got version 2 installed on my Andream unit, and it seems to work great with auto connect etc. The only problem I have is when I have auto switch AUX on, it seems to switch to it every 1-2 minutes, meaning that if I hear radio, it will switch to AUX by it self.

Does anyone else have this problem as well?
I haven't tried listening to the radio after installing the new custom fw. But I wonder if the mcu makes a difference. Are you using the bimmertech mcu?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:41 PM   #4018
jacobtc
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by muniz_ri View Post
I haven't tried listening to the radio after installing the new custom fw. But I wonder if the mcu makes a difference. Are you using the bimmertech mcu?
No I am using the Andream MCU which was recommended for version 1 of the CFW.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:47 PM   #4019
muniz_ri
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobtc View Post
Quote:
No I am using the Andream MCU which was recommended for version 1 of the CFW.
I would try using the bimmertech mcu with version 2. I am. I will also see if I can replicate the issue during my morning commute tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 11:55 PM   #4020
phil5556
Private
Rep
Drives: 330D Touring E91 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusov View Post
You can change the voice back to English(US) in the Navigation Settings of the maps if you want the lady to tell you where to go.
I can’t find anywhere to change anything to do with voice apart from Voice Search, which doesn’t change the voice it talks to you in.

This is on an iPhone, maybe it’s hidden somewhere. I don’t mind him, was just a surprise.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 02:11 AM   #4021
jacobtc
Private
Rep

Quote:
I would try using the bimmertech mcu with version 2. I am. I will also see if I can replicate the issue during my morning commute tomorrow.
I'm going to install the newest Bimmertech MCU later and see if that fixes the problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:18 AM   #4022
Glayham
Rep
Drives: BMW 435I M Sport

reverse camera wiring help

Hey Guys

I need a little help with wiring an aftermarket reverse camera to my Roadtop MMI box.

So I have the wiring as follows from the Motormax wiring diagram:

#1 reverse camera - Fitted
#2 Green wire
#3 Blue wire - connected to reversing light feed Black wire connected to brown feed
#4 camera loom - fitted
#7 Camera RCA - connected to RoadTop camera input

#8 Blue reverse, Red 12v Live, Black Ground

#8 is were I need the help do I just connect the Red 12v to the MMI and not connect the Blue and black wires?

Any help appreciated

thank you!
Attached Images

Last edited by Glayham; 08-06-2020 at 05:51 AM.. Reason: Updated information
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 04:54 AM   #4023
sass24
Rep
Drives: BMW 535

v2.0.B0.mod - Spotify cannot strart after making call. Left Andreams MCU 20.06.2. Carplay and Iphone SE.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:31 AM   #4024
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glayham View Post
Hey Guys

I need a little help with wiring an aftermarket reverse camera to my Roadtop MMI box.

So I have the wiring as follows from the Motormax wiring diagram:

#1 reverse camera - Fitted
#2 Green wire
#3 Blue wire - connected to reversing light feed Black wire connected to brown feed
#4 camera loom - fitted
#7 Camera RCA - connected to RoadTop camera input

#8 Blue reverse, Red 12v Live, Black Ground

#8 is were I need the help do I just connect the Red 12v to the MMI and not connect the Blue and black wires?

Any help appreciated

thank you!
usually the power is at the camera end of the cable , the end that goes into the unit is just the rca and the trigger wire , what is connected at the camera end ?
Appreciate 1
      08-06-2020, 06:38 AM   #4025
Glayham
Rep
Drives: BMW 435I M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
usually the power is at the camera end of the cable , the end that goes into the unit is just the rca and the trigger wire , what is connected at the camera end ?
Thanks for the reply Besty78

At the camera end (number 3 in the diagram) I have connected the blue wire to the white wire on the reversing light and the black wire to the brown wire on the reversing light.

I think thats correct but I'm not getting a signal.

The RCA is connected at the front.

The connections I'm unsure about are Number 8. Any ideas?

thx
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 06:42 AM   #4026
Besty78
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw f30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glayham View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Besty78 View Post
Thanks for the reply Besty78

At the camera end (number 3 in the diagram) I have connected the blue wire to the white wire on the reversing light and the black wire to the brown wire on the reversing light.

I think thats correct but I'm not getting a signal.

The RCA is connected at the front.

The connections I'm unsure about are Number 8. Any ideas?

thx
is there only 2 wires at the camera end ? basically the blue is the trigger wire and the red and black are the pos / ground to power the camera
Appreciate 0