F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > DIY - F30 OEM Backup / reversing camera retrofit installed!
GetBMWParts

07-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #133
The-Hoff
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvojehk View Post
Did you reset the control unit?

I had the same LIN-bus problem with my side-view camera retrofit, and I had to play around a bit with the ECU reset and clearing the errors. I don't remember exactly what I did, but after a few retries the error message was gone.
Maybe a stupid question, but what is the proper way to reset the TRSVC ecu?

I also consider loading a CAFD file with the same I-level as the other ecu's (this current cafd had the latest i-level), would this make a difference?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2015, 09:03 AM   #134
hrvojehk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Hoff View Post
Maybe a stupid question, but what is the proper way to reset the TRSVC ecu?

I also consider loading a CAFD file with the same I-level as the other ecu's (this current cafd had the latest i-level), would this make a difference?
In Rheingold, you can reset the ECU this way:
Vehicle test -> Control Unit Tree -> Select TRSVC -> Call up ECU functions
There will be an option to reset the ECU.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #135
The-Hoff
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvojehk View Post
In Rheingold, you can reset the ECU this way:
Vehicle test -> Control Unit Tree -> Select TRSVC -> Call up ECU functions
There will be an option to reset the ECU.
Mmmm. I did the full vehicle test, and found the 'call up ecu functions' tab. Only the first tab of the popup is visible, the others grayed out. No reset button there... (only test again button).
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 06:19 PM   #136
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 328i M-Sport

I'm getting ready to do my reverse cam install soon, but i wanted to double-check all my info before i started. Btw.. i have an NBT head unit and NOT a CIC head unit.

For those who got their camera's working and have NBT, did you guys hook up the 3 wires that go to the NBT head unit per roxxor's original information, or did you follow the BMW install guide thats been floating around here?

There's somewhat of a big discrepancy that i see, and i figure the best way to resolve it is to ask those who got it actually working

The question is about the 3 wires to the head unit - e.g. FBAS+/FBAS-/Shield wires and how they hooked into the NBT head unit A42 connector. Roxxor's instructions are different than the BMW install manual
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 08:39 PM   #137
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
I'm getting ready to do my reverse cam install soon, but i wanted to double-check all my info before i started. Btw.. i have an NBT head unit and NOT a CIC head unit.

For those who got their camera's working and have NBT, did you guys hook up the 3 wires that go to the NBT head unit per roxxor's original information, or did you follow the BMW install guide thats been floating around here?

There's somewhat of a big discrepancy that i see, and i figure the best way to resolve it is to ask those who got it actually working

The question is about the 3 wires to the head unit - e.g. FBAS+/FBAS-/Shield wires and how they hooked into the NBT head unit A42 connector. Roxxor's instructions are different than the BMW install manual
I would actually like to know how many have followed this & got it working period to be completely honest... And i'm wondering how you would swap the wires to try a different combination. I couldn't find a way to get the connector apart which would be the only way to stick a tiny small flat screwdrivers in there to release the pin.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #138
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Never mind.. there was a typo in the BMW install instructions (concerning pin #22), but later in the same guide, they fixed their own mistake (corrected it to be pin #24). I'm good

But to your point, I feel your pain somewhat steelerfan. I still have to resolve my PDC wiring issue, but i finally got all the parts in so i'm going to give that a go next weekend before i embark on the rear cam install.

I don't have to swap wires, but i have to re-do wiring. Fortunately, they sent a TON of extra connectors (more than i ordered), so i'll have a chance to try a few things. I also ordered a mess of those pig-tail bushing contacts, so i'm fully prepared to yank out wires (if necessary) and if the contact pin comes off, i'll need to do some re-splicing/soldering/heat-shrink-tubing. As a test though, i'm going to try to push in the bush contact directly onto the pin (instead of inserting them into the carrier first). That way, if the wiring is not right, i can pull it off gently and move it around.

But you're right. If you push the pin into the connector, you're pretty much committed. I don't think it was meant to be re-done.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #139
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Hey SteelerFan i just noticed this ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerfan
At the HU, i went red pin 21, shield 23 & white 24... Roxxor noted he went 18, x & x but 21, 23 & 24 worked for an X3 user & that is what is the actual install instructions. I do have the CIC & not NBT.
Are you sure this is correct? If you go back and look at roxxor's note, i think he was saying what the difference between his CIC F30 pinout was vs NBT F30 pinout (and I believe that X3 was a NBT).

I'm almost positive that is your issue. I just talking to a friend today who recently did his CIC F30, and i noticed his pins were the same as what roxxor used. He went with a well-known vendor here, and i was reading the install instructions from this vendor (has a lot more detail than what is here in this thread). I can PM it to you if you want.

Sorry if someone else has already caught this. I haven't had the time to catch up on this entire thread in the last month or two....
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #140
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey SteelerFan i just noticed this ...

Are you sure this is correct? If you go back and look at roxxor's note, i think he was saying what the difference between his CIC F30 pinout was vs NBT F30 pinout (and I believe that X3 was a NBT).

I'm almost positive that is your issue. I just talking to a friend today who recently did his CIC F30, and i noticed his pins were the same as what roxxor used. He went with a well-known vendor here, and i was reading the install instructions from this vendor (has a lot more detail than what is here in this thread). I can PM it to you if you want.

Sorry if someone else has already caught this. I haven't had the time to catch up on this entire thread in the last month or two....
I still don't have it working... in fact things are starting to stop working since my last attempt so I def. want to get this straightened out (my AC display is intermittently working now, air still works but i don't see any lights in the display). Please send me the details & especially any install docs.

So which configuration for a CIC HU are you seeing is consistent for the benefit of everyone reading this thread.

Then i have to figure out so freaking get those pins out... i found the trick to getting the pin out of the connector, i just can't figure out how to get the connector apart to get to the pin.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 08:14 PM   #141
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
So which configuration for a CIC HU are you seeing is consistent for the benefit of everyone reading this thread.
This...

This is not new, but just repeating what roxxor and 335xdrive said earlier in the thread ...

Btw... can you post a close-up pic of this connector that you say you can't get the pins out from? I'm having a hard time picturing this. Maybe the collective brain power of this forum can help brainstorm some ideas. I'm sure others down the line will also benefit from your situation.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 01:37 PM   #142
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:

I did a quick look at my NBT and pin 22 is occupied.

So im going to go with the pin 21 23 and 24 method.
Will be doing the install on Friday so I'll keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 03:10 PM   #143
squidlyboy
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
I did a quick look at my NBT and pin 22 is occupied.

So im going to go with the pin 21 23 and 24 method.
Will be doing the install on Friday so I'll keep you posted.
Pin #22 was a typo in the install guide. They corrected it later in the guide to (correctly) be Pin #24. Rheingold also confirmed this error (says pin #22 is for mic or something like that). So 21, 23, and 24 are correct per roxxor's and 335xdrive's original guidance.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 12:48 PM   #144
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

did anyone have any luck on aftermarket cables?

the cable i made is not working out...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 09:33 PM   #145
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
did anyone have any luck on aftermarket cables?

the cable i made is not working out...
which cable are you referring too?
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #146
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
which cable are you referring too?
the long hsd cable
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2015, 05:50 PM   #147
Shazsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

I just finished up this install today. Everything thing looks to be working properly. Had some trouble with the trsvc module not showing up in esys. But I messed around with it and now everything is working. I don't even know what I did. Sucked because bimmerpost was down most of the day. Glad I got it sorted tho. Thanks everybody!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #148
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

another successful retrofit here
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #149
Shazsta
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Quick question, should trsvc ecu show up in ESYS every time you check svt? Mine doesn't but works fine.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 06:52 PM   #150
RSnic
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340Xi (G20)

Garage List
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
No-Dah!

Ugh

Finally got to set up and use Rheingold today.

Not only is it telling what I know about TRSV -- not connected to FBAS, but it suddenly detected both rear windows not working -- and in fact, they are not from the back seats, but still work from driver's swtich

What gives?
EDIT:
Apparently, Rheingold turns on rear window switch over ride. Simple fix, push back on driver's window switch station

2020 M340Xi| ZDA| ZDY| ZPP| ZPX| 1CR| 1PL| 688| 6NW| 2VFH|
Retired: 2014 328i
BMW CCA

Last edited by RSnic; 09-03-2015 at 06:40 AM.. Reason: Complete
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2015, 07:29 PM   #151
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

6-8 long months in the making (from the time i started buying parts), I'm happy to report i finally have a rear view camera!!!!!!!!

So after i swapped the connections for the HU_CIC, added front PDC & coded FEM_BODY, REM, ICM & HU_CIC... it's alive!!!!!

Couple of things...

Some pics of the wiring harness behind the HU... boy that was a pain to swap those cables around... this worked for me...

Some pics of the connector & what i had to do to get the pins out...

first step is to remove the blue tabs

I used a tiny screw driver to insert in the front hole

Pic of me getting the pin to the 1st release point.. then i stuck the screw driver down the side (where i removed the blue connector) to release the pin... there was one in the middle, i stuck the screwdriver down the bottom to release the pin

and finally!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to have this working....!!!! my Temp gauge & buttons not working was due to poor connection on the back of that unit, once i pulled it off i noticed it came free without any connecters.

still having issues with Comfort access & the button isn't working to activate the PDC & cameras, will post in the Front PDC thread b/c that is the real reason you add that anyway. Hope the photos help!!!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #152
steelerfan
Lieutenant
Rep

Interesting... I read this post over again in an effort to figure out why my center console switch isn't working... it's cabled up correctly.

I realized yesterday I had this same issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Hoff View Post
Thanks for your quick reply!! I started up E-sys and following:
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) in expert mode - coding

Now I see my SVT list, but no CIC/NBT, PDC module. The TRSVC [6] is there but without an active item but with BTLD_000000467..., HWEL_0000008SE.. and SWFL_000000468...

Should the TRSVC have three empty items?
After I removed 507 & added 508, VO coded FEM_Body, HU_CIC, REM & ICM... everything is working except my center console switch

The top button (traction control) & Sport/Comfort/Eco Mode button still work just fine, the switch lights up at night, however neither the camera buttons work. I don't have surround view yet, just the rear camera. I bought this switch so i wouldn't have to swap it out...

Since I never coded TRSVC, wondering how it's possible everything is working except for this console switch??? I did find it odd my TRSVC didn't have an active folder or yellow CAFD that I could code. I didn't think much more about it b/c everything (except the center console switch) appears to be working so not sure how it could be working until i code the TRSVC???

I recently added the OEM trailer hitch in our X3 & I since i added this new module, I did the Detect CAF for SWE for that module to get everything working.. so do i need to do this for TRSVC if everything except the center console switch is working? Just wondering why any of this is working without that step being done???
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 11:16 AM   #153
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT

Hey guys
Where is everyone sourcing their harnesses now? Are you guys making them yourselves? I am still waiting on mine from partsale.eu. At this point I am actually considering other options.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 12:59 PM   #154
gtthree
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

In europe you can order them from amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kufatec-Cabl.../dp/B00P81K5SS
Appreciate 0