F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > UK based underseat subwoofer replacements
Extreme Powerhouse

Today, 04:48 AM   #1
chrismuk
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 420ix F36

UK based underseat subwoofer replacements

I have a F36 with the HK system but i want more bass. I have always been a bass person, so without filling the boot with subwoofers i think this is hopefully a happy medium.

I have looked and a lot of the systems seem to be US based which costs a lot for us to import so i was wondering if anyone in the UK has found a suitable/better replacement. I am leaning towards the Phoenix Gold upgrade but probably only because it is a brand i remember.

Also what are the gains over the standard HK Subwoofer?

Last edited by chrismuk; Today at 05:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:53 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

From their advertising: 'Offering up to 150W this subwoofer is a fantastic improvement over the factory offering with the increase in bass truly transforming the audio listening experience.' That's unmitigated piffle. Phoenix Gold doesn't even have driver data sheets, which is the only method by which different speakers may be objectively compared. There are many threads here that you should read, starting with this: https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1730058
Appreciate 0