F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bluespark Tuning Box Review and Tech info
Studio RSR

09-29-2017, 05:20 AM   #243
silvershark82
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435d convertable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLR1969 View Post
I would think mid to low 4s should be possible with the right setting on the BS box, read a few threads on here for the best setting.
Thanks. yeah ive read the post good stuff. I am going to get the guys at Bluespark to fit it for me as it looks a bit Trickey at the back so will also get some advice on best setting while i am there
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:54 AM   #244
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Kubota GR1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvershark82 View Post
Thanks. yeah ive read the post good stuff. I am going to get the guys at Bluespark to fit it for me as it looks a bit Trickey at the back so will also get some advice on best setting while i am there
Have you bought it already?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 06:48 AM   #245
silvershark82
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Have you bought it already?
Yeah bought two one for this and one for the other car we have as they offered a discount for 2. why?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 06:53 AM   #246
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

Shame you didn’t have a 30d as I have one for a 30d for sale in the classifieds.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 07:08 AM   #247
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yeah bought two one for this and one for the other car we have as they offered a discount for 2. why?
In my opinion the DTUK boxes are a lot better, they have 3 channel connections to the boost, fuel rail and RPM sensor.

I have had both and the DTUK is better and more refined, also produced more power.

Bluespark have a 28 day return policy which I would use if I was in your position.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 07:59 AM   #248
silvershark82
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
In my opinion the DTUK boxes are a lot better, they have 3 channel connections to the boost, fuel rail and RPM sensor.

I have had both and the DTUK is better and more refined, also produced more power.

Bluespark have a 28 day return policy which I would use if I was in your position.
reviews seemed positive on blue spark. i change cars a lot so i like the fact they will reprogram for £60 then i can reuse on next car and blue spark are close to where im getting the car from so the offer of free fitting and advice has pulled me that way. figures dont look that different between the two boxes.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 08:04 AM   #249
Sullym6
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not got it yet

Quote:
Quote:

reviews seemed positive on blue spark. i change cars a lot so i like the fact they will reprogram for £60 then i can reuse on next car and blue spark are close to where im getting the car from so the offer of free fitting and advice has pulled me that way. figures dont look that different between the two boxes.
Just be aware unless you buy the same brand car you will probably need new cables as well
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 08:26 AM   #250
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Figures are similar but the way they deliver is a lot different, chalk and cheese on my 30D

DTUK also reprogram the boxes, not difficult to fit once you have done it, I thought DTUK were also in your area?

It obviously up to you but you get what you pay for.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 08:34 AM   #251
silvershark82
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Figures are similar but the way they deliver is a lot different, chalk and cheese on my 30D

DTUK also reprogram the boxes, not difficult to fit once you have done it, I thought DTUK were also in your area?

It obviously up to you but you get what you pay for.
if you hadnt tried dtuk would you still recommend bs over the standard factory set up tho.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 08:53 AM   #252
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

That's a bit of an odd thing to say though because you are not comparing apples with apples.

i bought a BS box and it was good it did what it said, however it throws a lot of fuel at the car early on which is a bit crude bit it gives a performance increase it says but the increase in torque is biased towards the early part of the Rev range.

Many members on here had the 35D and complained about fuel issues and the car cutting power

I then thought about a remap as that's the best option but found out that DTUK had a three channel box so sold the BS and bought the DTUK

Immediately upon driving the way the power is delivered is a lot more like a remap you get a constant increase of power across the range rather than a big hit at the beginning

The power increase was also stronger on the DTUK box.

If I was buying again I would do all of my homework and buy the best box based on people's experiences and my own research.

The three channel box is without doubt better.

The BS box for me was a pain as to change settings the car had to be switched off then the box removed undo the screws change put it back on etc etc. The DTUK box takes 5 seconds to change.

Yes you will notice a difference of the BS box verses standard.

To answer your question I would not fit a 2 channel box to my car again knowing what I know

As I mentioned you get what you pay for.

Either way enjoy the increase in power.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 11:51 AM   #253
KCH1984
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model Y LR

Based on all we’ve seen and read over the past few months and the results from different rollers, I would not put a 2ch box on a 35d. The engine simply doesn’t like them and the fuelling issue is apparent when looking at the torque curves versus a properly remapped car.

The 30d seems to respond far better to the tuning boxes but, as JLR says, if you’re going down this route on the 35d make sure you get a triple channel box (DTUK, TDi Tuning, TMC) and you won’t be disappointed.

If you’re still not convinced, just look at how many people have come out of the BS boxes from a quick look at the classifieds section!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 12:27 PM   #254
Danny Fireblade
Village idiot
England
Rep
Drives: Myself crazy

Quote:
That's a bit of an odd thing to say though because you are not comparing apples with apples.

i bought a BS box and it was good it did what it said, however it throws a lot of fuel at the car early on which is a bit crude bit it gives a performance increase it says but the increase in torque is biased towards the early part of the Rev range.

Many members on here had the 35D and complained about fuel issues and the car cutting power

I then thought about a remap as that's the best option but found out that DTUK had a three channel box so sold the BS and bought the DTUK

Immediately upon driving the way the power is delivered is a lot more like a remap you get a constant increase of power across the range rather than a big hit at the beginning

The power increase was also stronger on the DTUK box.

If I was buying again I would do all of my homework and buy the best box based on people's experiences and my own research.

The three channel box is without doubt better.

The BS box for me was a pain as to change settings the car had to be switched off then the box removed undo the screws change put it back on etc etc. The DTUK box takes 5 seconds to change.

Yes you will notice a difference of the BS box verses standard.

To answer your question I would not fit a 2 channel box to my car again knowing what I know

As I mentioned you get what you pay for.

Either way enjoy the increase in power.
Are you on some kind of kickback Jon or have you bought shares in the company?
Appreciate 1
JLR19691882.00
      09-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #255
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Fireblade View Post
Are you on some kind of kickback Jon or have you bought shares in the company?
Just an honest opinion mate.

Would you not agree?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #256
silvershark82
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just an honest opinion mate.

Would you not agree?
You make a strong argument. Did you fit yourself ? Will cost me an extra £140 and they charge more to retune. Couldn't see anything extra to justify the cost over bs. I thought the talk of drop off was just down to peoples choice of settings. I do have time to change my mind. Like I say brought two for the discount. Youve put a cat amount the pigeons
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 03:00 PM   #257
A15X
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 430d M sport Convertible

Quote:
You make a strong argument. Did you fit yourself ? Will cost me an extra £140 and they charge more to retune. Couldn't see anything extra to justify the cost over bs. I thought the talk of drop off was just down to peoples choice of settings. I do have time to change my mind. Like I say brought two for the discount. Youve put a cat amount the pigeons
I have a dtuk box as well on my 430d and I must say I’m very impressed, customer service outstanding as well.

I’m sure if you called Andrew he would sort a deal on 2 boxes.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 03:57 PM   #258
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes I fitted myself, it's not difficult if you take your time, if you are near DTUKs office they will fit it for you.

I don't get any kickbacks I am just giving you my experience of both boxes.

The three channel box is better than the two channel.

The DTUK boxes are made in Germany by a company called DTE Systems

https://www.chiptuning.com/uk/

Cheers

Jon
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 04:09 PM   #259
Sullym6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I fitted myself, it's not difficult if you take your time, if you are near DTUKs office they will fit it for you.

I don't get any kickbacks I am just giving you my experience of both boxes.

The three channel box is better than the two channel.

The DTUK boxes are made in Germany by a company called DTE Systems

https://www.chiptuning.com/uk/

Cheers

Jon
You had your car on a dyno with the dtuk 3 channel? Interested to see a dyno plot if it is closer to a remap
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 04:35 PM   #260
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullym6 View Post
You had your car on a dyno with the dtuk 3 channel? Interested to see a dyno plot if it is closer to a remap
On the Surrey Rolling Road thread there is a comparison between mine and two DMS graphs

The one attached is the DTUK v BS both on my car, the DTUK is the top curve
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-29-2017, 04:44 PM   #261
Sullym6
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
On the Surrey Rolling Road thread there is a comparison between mine and two DMS graphs

The one attached is the DTUK v BS both on my car, the DTUK is the top curve
Looks like the dtuk is making around 20bhp and 50ftlb more so no wonder you like it better
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 04:45 PM   #262
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Looks like the dtuk is making around 20bhp and 50ftlb more so no wonder you like it better
It's not just the power it's also more refined and smoother in its delivery, not to mention a lot easier to change the settings.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 04:55 PM   #263
Sturrock
Private
Rep
Drives: F31

What setting you running JLR?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #264
JLR1969
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturrock View Post
What setting you running JLR?
The graph was map 2 (fuel and boost) +3 running Shell V Power and Millers EcoMax additive, produced a bit of soot in the exhaust so am trying +1
Appreciate 0