F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > 6WB coding tread
proTUNING Freaks

06-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #45
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

@zaynn786
What year is your car and what exactly are the problems you experience with the navigation? What orientation does it show (normally you can select north-up or track-up)

I have also just enabled compass, but have not driven the car yet. If you describe how to reproduce the issue I will try to see if it is the same on mine?
      06-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #46
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chp10 View Post
I found also Motorleistung Enable which should show the engine power used (only workingin sportmodus). Unfortunately it is not working in my car. Maybe someone can try it and confirm. As it seems it is working at least for the F10 series cars.
I tried to code it today, but I can confirm it does not show up.
Maybe something else needs to be enabled as well?
Has anyone succeeded enabling this? I'd find it very useful!
      07-11-2018, 05:31 PM   #47
jkwhar
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Xdrive | F15 x35i

I had to recode my dkombi and cleared my FDL codings. I can't seem to find, unless I missed the interpretation, to re-enable the navi on the center of 6wb display.

Any help would be appreciated it!

EDIT:
Never mind, checked the "DKOMBI => NAVI_NBT_ENABLE = kein_nbt" and was set to something else.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)

Last edited by jkwhar; 07-11-2018 at 07:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 01:06 PM   #48
richcranney
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

This might sound like a daft question, but I currently have the 6WA installed, do I need to remove that from my VO before adding 6 WB or can I keep both in for when I need to swap back when going back to the dealers.

Will it throw any errors leaving 6WA in?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #49
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richcranney View Post
This might sound like a daft question, but I currently have the 6WA installed, do I need to remove that from my VO before adding 6 WB or can I keep both in for when I need to swap back when going back to the dealers.

Will it throw any errors leaving 6WA in?
Leaving it in is ok. Will not throw errors.

Likewise, if you take to Dealership and they connect to ISTA to update istep etc, it will need 6WA AND OLD PANEL in place.

If you have 6WB in the VO, ISTA will not update istep correctly.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 11:52 PM   #50
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Leaving it in is ok. Will not throw errors.

Likewise, if you take to Dealership and they connect to ISTA to update istep etc, it will need 6WA AND OLD PANEL in place.

If you have 6WB in the VO, ISTA will not update istep correctly.
Also to add, if they update the car (guessing that kombi is one of them but not exactly sure which ECU) it will wipe the needed code and will have to be recoded. source=bimmer-tech.

FOR SALE! Sport line Steering wheel with heated, paddle shifter, vibration motor, no airbag | EDM Bi-Xenon adaptive headlights (SOLD) | surround view retrofit kit (sold) | KAFAS2 camera and ECU | FLA camera(sold) | 6WB cluster (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 10:14 AM   #51
richcranney
United Kingdom
Rep

Excellent, thank you for that.

Has anyone experienced any issues with navigation having the right hand side of arrows and roundabouts being cut off?

Has anyone a definitive list of options you can use on 6wb to get the most out of it?

I've got digital speedometer, compass and trying for bhp bar but can't get that working
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 01:00 PM   #52
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

That's as far as I am as well (except that I intentionally did not code digital speedometer - feel it is enough on 2 places to add a third). Basically compass only in my case and wish the engine power bar was possible to activate...
Anything else missing?
      07-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #53
richcranney
United Kingdom
Rep

Which two places do you have the digital speedometer ?

I wish I could make use of that space in the middle all the time as I don't use the navigation that much, seems a bit of a waste of space.

Have you come across the issue with the right side of the navigation being cut off? I'll post some pics when I get to a computer, can't do it on the mobile site
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #54
richcranney
United Kingdom
Rep

Managed to upload them. Notice the arrow missing on the right of the roundabout and the sharp left turn arrow practically missing.

Can't imagine it's a faulty unit, the background and everything shows okay, so not like dead pixels, probably just dodgy coding
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 11:08 PM   #55
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Managed to upload them. Notice the arrow missing on the right of the roundabout and the sharp left turn arrow practically missing.

Can't imagine it's a faulty unit, the background and everything shows okay, so not like dead pixels, probably just dodgy coding
I'm comparing the navi info to mine and I think your font looks little different then mine (it could be the photos). I'll take better photos tomorrow and post them for you.

Who coded your 6WB?

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #56
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Which two places do you have the digital speedometer ?

I wish I could make use of that space in the middle all the time as I don't use the navigation that much, seems a bit of a waste of space.

Have you come across the issue with the right side of the navigation being cut off? I'll post some pics when I get to a computer, can't do it on the mobile site
Well you have it zoomed on the instrument cluster or big digital in sport mode and also on the HUD, also digital. If that is not enough to know what speed you are driving with, a third small indication will not help it just clutters with unnecessary data.

I agree, I wish the middle part could be sued for something, like digital map (similar to Virtual Cockpit on Audi). The Compass is a neat feature, but I wish there was more.

I have not noticed any cut offs... That said, I have not driven much with navigation yet and usually barely look at the digital cluster when I do.
      07-21-2018, 12:57 PM   #57
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:

Here is how mine looks.

View post on imgur.com

Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 01:05 PM   #58
richcranney
United Kingdom
Rep

Do you have one with a right turn arrow on a round about at all? That's where I notice it most or on a sharp left turn (like a U turn)
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2018, 01:07 PM   #59
jkwhar
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Do you have one with a right turn arrow on a round about at all? That's where I notice it most or on a sharp left turn (like a U turn)
There really aren't alot of round about in NJ but when I do go around one, I will post a pic!

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #60
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

A question. I have a 2014 328i with 6wa, and am thinking about upgrading to 6wb. Do i just have to vo code the 6wb, add cafd for dkombi and vo code dkombi and nbt or will i have to change the production date also?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:25 AM   #61
richcranney
United Kingdom
Rep

Shouldn't need to change production date, just VO code 6WB and then like you say, DKOMBI and then HU_NBT
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 11:27 AM   #62
richcranney
United Kingdom
Rep

You may need to change some bits for kombi_high, not got them to hand though
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 02:46 PM   #63
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Shouldn't need to change production date, just VO code 6WB and then like you say, DKOMBI and then HU_NBT
I tought so to, but someone told me cause my car is a pfl (pre lci) that i will need to change the productiondate
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2018, 10:33 AM   #64
Red_Bean_Bun
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjro View Post
Does anybody know what is wrong with my 6wb?
Name:  B2E980F6-AE19-407A-AE2B-855124906042.jpeg
Views: 8150
Size:  99.3 KB

Did you manage to resolve this issue ?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #65
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep

I retrofitet a 6wb in my f34 from 2014 with 6wa and nbt. Everything seems to work except the navi indication in the center.

I removed 6wb and put 6wa back and gor copie from cafd then put 6wb back and compared everything and there are 2 things different.

- Kombi_Cic was set to mid with 6wa and when coded 6wb it was set to low. I changed it to High

- setting_info_display was set to aktiv in 6wa and to nicht aktiv on 6wb so i set it back to aktiv

Now i got the info display back in my nbt

So annyone an dea why i don't have the indication on my D_kombi. With my 6wa i had the arrow on the cluster but now i get nothing. So what do you have to code for this? And in D_kombi Navi nbt_enable is set on nbt_aanzeige

Annyone know what the problem is?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #66
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
I retrofitet a 6wb in my f34 from 2014 with 6wa and nbt. Everything seems to work except the navi indication in the center.

I removed 6wb and put 6wa back and gor copie from cafd then put 6wb back and compared everything and there are 2 things different.

- Kombi_Cic was set to mid with 6wa and when coded 6wb it was set to low. I changed it to High

- setting_info_display was set to aktiv in 6wa and to nicht aktiv on 6wb so i set it back to aktiv

Now i got the info display back in my nbt

So annyone an dea why i don't have the indication on my D_kombi. With my 6wa i had the arrow on the cluster but now i get nothing. So what do you have to code for this? And in D_kombi Navi nbt_enable is set on nbt_aanzeige

Annyone know what the problem is?
SOLVED by setting DKOMBI => NAVI_NBT_ENABLE = kein_nbt.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 08-26-2018 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 1