F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bootmod3 - 2014 F33
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2017, 09:29 AM   #23
amw896
Major
amw896's Avatar
Canada
547
Rep
1,096
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M235i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkes
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
is this for real? I thought these were for sound only lol
Blow Of Valve (BOV) is for sound.
pardon my ignorance but I also plan on going with bm3 in the next few months. I have a downpipe and Wagner IC waiting to be installed (I believe it was your awesome review that led me to this IC). My question is, do you also recommend getting the charge pipe and diverter valve?

I heard mixed things with the charge pipe and not much about the diverter valve so I'm kinda clueless.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 11:50 AM   #24
GTBrandon
Lieutenant
GTBrandon's Avatar
United_States
203
Rep
571
Posts

Drives: 13' M3 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 335xi GT  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
pardon my ignorance but I also plan on going with bm3 in the next few months. I have a downpipe and Wagner IC waiting to be installed (I believe it was your awesome review that led me to this IC). My question is, do you also recommend getting the charge pipe and diverter valve?

I heard mixed things with the charge pipe and not much about the diverter valve so I'm kinda clueless.

Thanks!
If you plan on even adding a hint of boost, add the chargepipe. It would be the worst feeling having the stock one blow after all your upgrades, and then having your car in limp for the next week. Check VRSF or FTP for a good price. There may be some used on the classified section as well.

DV+ is something I am planning on doing in the future, but would not say it's necessary to do right at the beginning. If you want to just get everything done at once while the car is apart then there is no harm in doing so.
__________________
Current:
13' E92 M3 Comp | 05' Yahama R6 | 95' E36 M3
Past:
14' BMW 335xi GT | 06' Porsche Boxster S | 15' Jeep Grand Cherokee | 84' BMW 733i | 85' Honda Shadow VT700 | 06' Acura TL
Appreciate 1
amw896546.50

      04-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #25
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3226
Rep
7,105
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Keep in mind VRSF doesn't carry AWD CP.

+1 for FTP (AWD or RWD) flavor but only has 1 meth bung
If you plan on running Meth in the future get ER CP since it has 2 meth bungs
If you plan on running Direct Meth or Port Injection (E85) then get whichever u prefer
__________________
F90 M5 @BM3Tuning/HCP STG1+ 6.6s | 10.3@134 | 0-60 2.61s | HCP STG2 60-130 6.24s 10.14@138
F98 X4MC

http://www.instagram.com/BMWF9XM
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 04:48 PM   #26
GTBrandon
Lieutenant
GTBrandon's Avatar
United_States
203
Rep
571
Posts

Drives: 13' M3 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 335xi GT  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
Keep in mind VRSF doesn't carry AWD CP.

+1 for FTP (AWD or RWD) flavor but only has 1 meth bung
If you plan on running Meth in the future get ER CP since it has 2 meth bungs
If you plan on running Direct Meth or Port Injection (E85) then get whichever u prefer
When I was ordering my CP, I was in contact with VRSF and they said they were in the process of creating an xDrive CP for the N55. This was back in March and said it would be out in the next month. Not sure if there is a hold-up but Tiago@VRSF might be able to give us some insight.
__________________
Current:
13' E92 M3 Comp | 05' Yahama R6 | 95' E36 M3
Past:
14' BMW 335xi GT | 06' Porsche Boxster S | 15' Jeep Grand Cherokee | 84' BMW 733i | 85' Honda Shadow VT700 | 06' Acura TL
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #27
963mw
BMW Fanatic
963mw's Avatar
United_States
273
Rep
1,078
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Mexico

iTrader: (0)

Hey guys,

Looking to get some input. BM3 getting installed on Monday. Should I remove my JB4 (Map 0) until I get meth? I remember reading a thread about it being a fatal combo to the engine or something like that. So any input is appreciated.
__________________
18 BMW M2 | ER DP | ER CP | Wagner Evo 2 Comp Intercooler | Aquamist HFS4 | BM3 | CSF Oil Cooler | AFE Drop-in Filter | Bilstein B16 PSS10
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #28
GTBrandon
Lieutenant
GTBrandon's Avatar
United_States
203
Rep
571
Posts

Drives: 13' M3 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2014 335xi GT  [5.00]
Nothing fatal, I believe Dejan_ is running the stack currently, as well as many others. But I would say use the JB4 only once you get meth as a controller for it, unless you are going to play with custom maps and stacking.
__________________
Current:
13' E92 M3 Comp | 05' Yahama R6 | 95' E36 M3
Past:
14' BMW 335xi GT | 06' Porsche Boxster S | 15' Jeep Grand Cherokee | 84' BMW 733i | 85' Honda Shadow VT700 | 06' Acura TL
Appreciate 1
963mw272.50

      04-12-2019, 11:29 PM   #29
Burl435i
Registered
2
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Exclamation Bootmod3 Honest Review 435i

Hey Everyone,

I thought that I should come on here and talk about my most recent purchase of Bootmod3... I really want to give an honest review so users like you guys understand what they are getting into.

I have a 2015 435i with zero modifications. I figured I should test the waters with Stage 1 and see what I could get out of it. The installation took about 7 minutes for me. Coded out the drivetrain/fuel malfunction and I was on my way.

Upon first drive I noticed a huge difference when It came to "neighborhood" driving. It felt quite dead at lower RPMs. I felt like I had to push the car to get going.

When I got to a long open road, I turned sport + on and did a 0-60... It wasn't that impressive what so ever. 5 seconds flat via my race logic GPS. After this pull, I did a few more with similar results.

I went on the highway and did some more pulls against my neighbors stock M2 (N55). He still walked me by a car length.... M2 360 HP

To wrap my review up. I felt like it was very important to get a stage 1 review out since nobody really has. The answer you guys have all been waiting for. Does it feel faster? Yes.. But, nothing to write home about. My car feels more stressed than ever... It makes Honestly about 25 wheel HP more than stock.

I hope this helps anyone interested in Bootmod3!
Appreciate 1
mlev297.50

      04-13-2019, 12:28 AM   #30
mlev
Lieutenant
mlev's Avatar
United_States
298
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burl435i View Post
Hey Everyone,

I thought that I should come on here and talk about my most recent purchase of Bootmod3... I really want to give an honest review so users like you guys understand what they are getting into.

I have a 2015 435i with zero modifications. I figured I should test the waters with Stage 1 and see what I could get out of it. The installation took about 7 minutes for me. Coded out the drivetrain/fuel malfunction and I was on my way.

Upon first drive I noticed a huge difference when It came to "neighborhood" driving. It felt quite dead at lower RPMs. I felt like I had to push the car to get going.

When I got to a long open road, I turned sport + on and did a 0-60... It wasn't that impressive what so ever. 5 seconds flat via my race logic GPS. After this pull, I did a few more with similar results.

I went on the highway and did some more pulls against my neighbors stock M2 (N55). He still walked me by a car length.... M2 360 HP

To wrap my review up. I felt like it was very important to get a stage 1 review out since nobody really has. The answer you guys have all been waiting for. Does it feel faster? Yes.. But, nothing to write home about. My car feels more stressed than ever... It makes Honestly about 25 wheel HP more than stock.

I hope this helps anyone interested in Bootmod3!
Thanks for the review. I wouldn't even consider going stage 1 without a charge pipe upgrade at a bare minimum. Looking forward it's safest to reduce some restriction with some mods mentioned in this thread to stress the engine less.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 02:35 AM   #31
Burl435i
Registered
2
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
Thanks for the review. I wouldn't even consider going stage 1 without a charge pipe upgrade at a bare minimum. Looking forward it's safest to reduce some restriction with some mods mentioned in this thread to stress the engine less.
Of course man! And you are very right about a charge pipe...Two hours with the tune... I have blown my charge pipe clean off the intake manifold lol
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Burl435i; 04-13-2019 at 02:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 03:13 AM   #32
JuiceQuadre
Second Lieutenant
JuiceQuadre's Avatar
Czech_Republic
44
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: E92 335D 2006, F30 335i 2014
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: EU

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the review.. although.. to be honest without logs you dont even know if your car is performing optimally and whatnot..

So its all kinda guessing.. Reviews with logs and dynos have shown pretty good results even for stage 1
Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

      04-13-2019, 03:45 AM   #33
Burl435i
Registered
2
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Nevada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceQuadre View Post
Thanks for the review.. although.. to be honest without logs you dont even know if your car is performing optimally and whatnot..

So its all kinda guessing.. Reviews with logs and dynos have shown pretty good results even for stage 1
I agree man, Ill get some logs on it and see if anything seems out of place! Also, If you could link me with Dyno numbers on a stage 1 with no other mods besides a charge pipe I would really appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 10:02 AM   #34
FSociety
2020 X3M/X4M Coming Soon
FSociety's Avatar
No_Country
3226
Rep
7,105
Posts

Drives: F90 M5, F80 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC NJ CT PA FL

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceQuadre View Post
Thanks for the review.. although.. to be honest without logs you dont even know if your car is performing optimally and whatnot..

So its all kinda guessing.. Reviews with logs and dynos have shown pretty good results even for stage 1
+1


review from someone with 3 posts
To add you didn't mention how many miles on your car, how old your plugs are, weather, and didn't provide any type of videos / dragy etc. Pls give me back the 2 minutes u wasted of my time and everyone else, Stage1 and Stage2 have been tested for the past year so your review is a big cup of lie.

PS.. I can provide videos on youtube of my heavyweight champ X4 M40i N55-ewg BM3 STG2 93 taking to gapples fbo-335 pwg/jb4, 335-ewg/jb4, and mhd stg2+ 93 x4 m40i (all cars running same or more boost).
__________________
F90 M5 @BM3Tuning/HCP STG1+ 6.6s | 10.3@134 | 0-60 2.61s | HCP STG2 60-130 6.24s 10.14@138
F98 X4MC

http://www.instagram.com/BMWF9XM

Last edited by FSociety; 04-13-2019 at 10:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 10:36 AM   #35
outofphase
dad bod
outofphase's Avatar
United_States
297
Rep
340
Posts

Drives: 2015 335i xDrive
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
+1


review from someone with 3 posts
To add you didn't mention how many miles on your car, how old your plugs are, weather, and didn't provide any type of videos / dragy etc. Pls give me back the 2 minutes u wasted of my time and everyone else, Stage1 and Stage2 have been tested for the past year so your review is a big cup of lie.

PS.. I can provide videos on youtube of my heavyweight champ X4 M40i N55-ewg BM3 STG2 93 taking to gapples fbo-335 pwg/jb4, 335-ewg/jb4, and mhd stg2+ 93 x4 m40i (all cars running same or more boost).
Please post video, that X4 sounds sick! I just read through this and realized how old the thread was before it was bumped and it'd be nice to get a video for my effort
__________________
'15 F30 Estoril Blue 335i xDrive | 8AT | EWG | 395 awhp / 451 awtq | 11.85 @ 115 mph
E30 JordanTuned on BM3 | XDI-60 HPFP | Fuel-It! lines + sensor | VRSF FBO | GFB DV+ | XHP | Vörsteiner VFF-107s | Dinan Springs

Appreciate 1
FSociety3226.00

      04-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #36
TSA8151
Private
33
Rep
99
Posts

Drives: 2013 F30 335i msport
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
pardon my ignorance but I also plan on going with bm3 in the next few months. I have a downpipe and Wagner IC waiting to be installed (I believe it was your awesome review that led me to this IC). My question is, do you also recommend getting the charge pipe and diverter valve?

I heard mixed things with the charge pipe and not much about the diverter valve so I'm kinda clueless.

Thanks!
I actually noticed a bit better throttle response with an aftermarket charge pipe. Stock is 2.5 inches, aftermarket is 3 inch.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 07:36 PM   #37
brianpalvarez
RAD F30
brianpalvarez's Avatar
United_States
21
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: 2016 F30
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: La Puente

iTrader: (0)

Tune or AirFlow first?

I am new to the BMW world. Just got an F30 (320i) and love it. I'm searching on what to do first, tune (BM3 stage1) or go for the intake and exhaust route, and then tune?

Does it make a difference how I start?

I thought I would go for the power first and then go for the air flow/sound. I don't want to sound aggressive without power, make sense?

Maybe I am wrong, hope to hear from you all soon!
Attached Images
 
__________________
Follow @RADF30 on Instagram
WATCH my newest videos with my F30
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
435i, bootmod3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST