F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > The Official 2019 NFL Thread/Season
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-07-2019, 12:13 PM   #287
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8808
Rep
7,889
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
2 scores, you take the fg on 4th that late in the game.
That's what EVERYONE thinks, but the way his eyes were shifting all over the place I was almost positive he was going after the TD.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 09:10 PM   #288
TrevorM3
Major General
1464
Rep
6,226
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

so colts beat chiefs eh...

i'll say this, mahomes is fun as hell to watch. he's one spot above wilson.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2019, 11:35 PM   #289
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2812
Rep
3,243
Posts

Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Browns- WOOOOOOF.


Are the vaginers for real? I don't know yet...
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 01:42 AM   #290
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
2988
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 428 GC
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 428 GC  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
so colts beat chiefs eh...

i'll say this, mahomes is fun as hell to watch. he's one spot above wilson.
Lock this up, the Chiefs wonít be in the Super Bowl because of Andy Reid. Heíll find a way to screw it up like always. Go back as far as his days with the Eagles and all he does is lose in big games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Browns- WOOOOOOF.


Are the vaginers for real? I don't know yet...
I thought the Browns were supposed to go 16-0, steamroll through the playoffs, de-throne the Patriots and win the Super Bowl by 31 points. Glitch in the Matrix perhaps?

As for San Fran, time will tell.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2019, 12:59 PM   #291
mirob
Captain
mirob's Avatar
United_States
816
Rep
859
Posts

Drives: X5 M
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bomb City, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Great game at Rodgers Stadium
No shit. I was there. I always knew they travelled well but damn, I'd say 40% were GB fans. I was impressed.
Appreciate 1
lakefront237.50

      10-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #292
Flitzr951
Registered
1
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW M6
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Lock this up, the Chiefs wonít be in the Super Bowl because of Andy Reid. Heíll find a way to screw it up like always. Go back as far as his days with the Eagles and all he does is lose in big games.
As a Pats fan that is what I told myself last season prior to the second meeting with KC, I am hoping the same holds true this season as I don't see any other team in the AFC being able to beat NE in the playoffs
Appreciate 1
Torgus2111.50

      10-09-2019, 01:26 PM   #293
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2112
Rep
5,670
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flitzr951 View Post
As a Pats fan that is what I told myself last season prior to the second meeting with KC, I am hoping the same holds true this season as I don't see any other team in the AFC being able to beat NE in the playoffs
Same.

I honestly can't fathom another SB win. That would make 5 appearances and 4 wins in 6 years. I would hate us too.

It would technically tie us with the steelers who went back to back twice in franchise history. We would be 1 SB win ahead of the steelers. It would also make 12 appearances which 4 more than any other team.

In Brady's 18 year career that would be 9 superbowl appearances. Basically every other year Tom get's to play in the big game. UNREAL.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 02:26 PM   #294
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
2988
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 428 GC
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 428 GC  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Same.

I honestly can't fathom another SB win. That would make 5 appearances and 4 wins in 6 years. I would hate us too.

It would technically tie us with the steelers who went back to back twice in franchise history. We would be 1 SB win ahead of the steelers. It would also make 12 appearances which 4 more than any other team.

In Brady's 18 year career that would be 9 superbowl appearances. Basically every other year Tom get's to play in the big game. UNREAL.
We are all witnessing greatness. Just like people back in the day who saw Babe Ruth, he was a baseball God. Gretzky in hockey/Jordan in BB and now Brady. These four figures belong on Mt Rushmore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Appreciate 1
Torgus2111.50

      10-09-2019, 03:02 PM   #295
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8808
Rep
7,889
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
We are all witnessing greatness. Just like people back in the day who saw Babe Ruth, he was a baseball God. Gretzky in hockey/Jordan in BB and now Brady. These four figures belong on Mt Rushmore.
Except Jordan didn't have any support so didn't make it to the big dance as much as should have.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 03:28 PM   #296
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2112
Rep
5,670
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Except Jordan didn't have any support so didn't make it to the big dance as much as should have.
More like Brady didn't have much good support...no 2 HOF 1st ballet WR his entire career like that no talent ass clown peyton manning...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 03:35 PM   #297
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
8808
Rep
7,889
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
More like Brady didn't have much good support...no 2 HOF 1st ballet WR his entire career like that no talent ass clown peyton manning...
I used to always keep track, when I could find a game, and generally Jordan would score half the Bulls' total points for the night. OK, maybe he did get some support from Pippen.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 03:36 PM   #298
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2812
Rep
3,243
Posts

Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Pats love fest- STFU.

Create your own thread. Nobody likes you here.
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 05:49 PM   #299
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2342
Rep
1,796
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I used to always keep track, when I could find a game, and generally Jordan would score half the Bulls' total points for the night. OK, maybe he did get some support from Pippen.
i mean, jordan had pippen and rodman for a majority of his championship run.

what brady has done would be like jordan having (any short white bball player)
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 06:49 PM   #300
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
2988
Rep
2,301
Posts

Drives: 09 335i/11 CTS Coupe/15 428 GC
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 428 GC  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
2011 CTS Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Pats love fest- STFU.

Create your own thread. Nobody likes you here.
I’m tired of the Pats always winning but you gotta give Brady credit. He’s been playing since some of ya’ll were in footie pj’s and for him to have this great longevity is impressive. I can say that my team slayed the dragon twice in the SB and you could have slayed him at least once.

However, you chose to PASS up that opportunity instead of RUNNING with the trophy
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorKTM View Post
So there is actually more of a chance to get more hp out of a 330 then a 335 in my opinion
Appreciate 1
UncleWede8808.00

      10-09-2019, 07:12 PM   #301
Bongoxxx
Private First Class
82
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: 2018 340 XDrive
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Courtice, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
Same.

I honestly can't fathom another SB win. That would make 5 appearances and 4 wins in 6 years. I would hate us too.

It would technically tie us with the steelers who went back to back twice in franchise history. We would be 1 SB win ahead of the steelers. It would also make 12 appearances which 4 more than any other team.

In Brady's 18 year career that would be 9 superbowl appearances. Basically every other year Tom get's to play in the big game. UNREAL.
Packers have had 13 wins and 3 other appearances and have gone back to back 3 times

Oh thatís right, most Pats fans donít remember anything prior to 2001.
__________________
Current: 2018 340 xDrive M-Sport Mineral Grey
Previous: 2016 328 xDrive Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 07:13 PM   #302
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2112
Rep
5,670
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I used to always keep track, when I could find a game, and generally Jordan would score half the Bulls' total points for the night. OK, maybe he did get some support from Pippen.
One thing that people often gloss over when talking about MJ is just how good his supporting cast really was. Obviously you don't win 6 championships without some help, but I feel like the other Bulls are underrated because it feeds into the narrative of MJ being the GOAT.

Scottie Pippen is the prime example of this. In the first year of Jordan's sabbatical he was 3rd in MVP voting and 4th in DPOY, leading the Bulls to 55 wins. In '94 the Bulls lost Horace Grant, their 3rd best player from their first 3-peat, and Scottie responded by leading their team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks, finishing 7th in MVP and 2nd in DPOY.

Jordan was the best, no question. But he had a decent team with multiple HOF players. It helped they had an amazing defense and offense. 72 game season was like the dream team basically.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
i mean, jordan had pippen and rodman for a majority of his championship run.

what brady has done would be like jordan having (any short white bball player)
Exactly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Iím tired of the Pats always winning but you gotta give Brady credit. Heís been playing since some of yaíll were in footie pjís and for him to have this great longevity is impressive. I can say that my team slayed the dragon twice in the SB and you could have slayed him at least once.

However, you chose to PASS up that opportunity instead of RUNNING with the trophy
Never let it die. Please.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #303
Torgus
Slow.
Torgus's Avatar
United_States
2112
Rep
5,670
Posts

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [5.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongoxxx View Post
Packers have had 13 wins and 3 other appearances and have gone back to back 3 times

Oh thatís right, most Pats fans donít remember anything prior to 2001.
2001? I am talking real modern NFL Superbowls. Not pre 1970 merger. If you need to use laurels from the 1920s than so be it. Those were not real superbowls. There is a reason everyone and wikipedia start at 1970 when the merger happened. I have spent time in green bay and respect the history more than most but please do not try and make it into something it is not. Your two wins were well deserved and you have had some great teams. Most teams would kill for a history of greatness like Greenbay.


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...Bowl_champions

Please edit wikipedia if it is wrong.

Dallas (1992Ė1993; 1995) and New England (2001; 2003Ė2004) are the only teams to win three out of four consecutive Super Bowls.

Last edited by Torgus; 10-09-2019 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #304
TrevorM3
Major General
1464
Rep
6,226
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

49ers the real deal? hmmm
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 12:16 AM   #305
lakefront
Lieutenant
238
Rep
425
Posts

Drives: Two old Bimmers
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SE Wisconsin

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
2001? I am talking real modern NFL Superbowls. Not pre 1970 merger. If you need to use laurels from the 1920s than so be it. Those were not real superbowls. There is a reason everyone and wikipedia start at 1970 when the merger happened. I have spent time in green bay and respect the history more than most but please do not try and make it into something it is not. Your two wins were well deserved and you have had some great teams. Most teams would kill for a history of greatness like Greenbay.


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...Bowl_champions

Please edit wikipedia if it is wrong.

Dallas (1992Ė1993; 1995) and New England (2001; 2003Ė2004) are the only teams to win three out of four consecutive Super Bowls.
So when GB won 3 consecutive NFL championships only the last 2 counted because they played the AFL champions? Understandable that folks don't want to acknowledge teams from the 30s and 40s but some of the greatest teams in NFL history were produced in the 50s and 60s. An NFL championship really meant something then because there were no playoffs. The "hot" team didn't get a chance to win it all because there was just the 2 conference champs that played each other. There were years that a team lost only one game and didnt play for the title! It's a shame that lots of folks don't want to realize that there were great NFL champions before there was a Super Bowl.
__________________
2011 135i Space Grey/ Coral Red 6 mt, TCK coilovers, Berk axleback, Apex
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 01:02 AM   #306
mjr24
Lieutenant
178
Rep
510
Posts

Drives: F90 M5
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wisconsin/Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
So when GB won 3 consecutive NFL championships only the last 2 counted because they played the AFL champions? Understandable that folks don't want to acknowledge teams from the 30s and 40s but some of the greatest teams in NFL history were produced in the 50s and 60s. An NFL championship really meant something then because there were no playoffs. The "hot" team didn't get a chance to win it all because there was just the 2 conference champs that played each other. There were years that a team lost only one game and didnt play for the title! It's a shame that lots of folks don't want to realize that there were great NFL champions before there was a Super Bowl.
Pats definitely have a lot of titles.....but no amount of titles can buy you history and heritage. The Packers have a ton of that. It's not even close......one of more special teams in all of sports.

For instance, you could have a ton of money and live in a castle in the UK and have more money than Prince William....but you won't ever have the heritage and history of the Royal Family.
__________________
2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC (sold), 2013 CLS550 (sold), 2011 750LI (sold), 2008 M6 Cabrio (sold), 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 (sold), 2003 Mercedes SL500 (sold), 2000 Mercedes CL500 (sold)
Appreciate 1
lakefront237.50

      10-10-2019, 01:43 AM   #307
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
Mr.SugarSkulls's Avatar
No_Country
2812
Rep
3,243
Posts

Drives: BMW i8
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Long Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [5.00]
Maybe I'll just start a discriminatory Pats thread and essentially be all football except pats talk. Unless it's to express how much we're tired of them/hate them.
__________________
I'm always sunny, hunny.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #308
Mardio
Brigadier General
125
Rep
3,193
Posts

Drives: 2017 X5
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
49ers the real deal? hmmm
As a 49er fan I'm not convinced yet. We need to play a really good team to see where we are at. Yes the defense looks great and the running game is above average imo, but Jimmy G makes me nervous. Every time he throws over the middle it looks like an interception is about to happen, we've been lucky a few times that cornerbacks are just dropping easy picks. If the 49ers are losing in the 4th quarter then Jimmy will be forced to throw and right now I have zero confidence in that scenario. Hopefully he proves me wrong...
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST