F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Unofficial Quote Needed (downpipe, chargepipe, intercooler)
ARMA SPEED

12-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #1
435guy
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i

Exclamation Unofficial Quote Needed (downpipe, chargepipe, intercooler)

Hey guys,

Just bought my own '14 435i, and I'm loving every second of it. I bought a downpipe, intercooler, and charge pipe from Mike at xPH a couple months ago, but due to my job, I don't see myself finding any time in the near future to install them myself.. so, I've finally broken down and am ready to drop the extra money for a local shop to do it.

So here's the main question: how many labor hours is appropriate to install these? Also, does anybody know the going per hour rate that mechanics charge? I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

- Marc
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 05:48 PM   #2
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 435guy View Post
Hey guys,

Just bought my own '14 435i, and I'm loving every second of it. I bought a downpipe, intercooler, and charge pipe from Mike at xPH a couple months ago, but due to my job, I don't see myself finding any time in the near future to install them myself.. so, I've finally broken down and am ready to drop the extra money for a local shop to do it.

So here's the main question: how many labor hours is appropriate to install these? Also, does anybody know the going per hour rate that mechanics charge? I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

- Marc
Rates can go from $50 per hour to $300 per hour....or more.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 05:49 PM   #3
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The CP and intercooler shouldn't take more than two hours even for a home mechanic. The DP might be another hour. For a professional mechanic, especially one that does a lot of BMW work, I'd imagine they'd be finished with the whole thing in two hours but charge you 3 or 4. So that would come out to about $200-$400 in your neck of the woods. It really just depends on how much your shop charges you.

On a side note, which models did you get? If you got a VRSF intercooler, double-check the mounting tabs to make sure they're the corrected design.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
The CP and intercooler shouldn't take more than two hours even for a home mechanic. The DP might be another hour. For a professional mechanic, especially one that does a lot of BMW work, I'd imagine they'd be finished with the whole thing in two hours but charge you 3 or 4. So that would come out to about $200-$400 in your neck of the woods. It really just depends on how much your shop charges you.

On a side note, which models did you get? If you got a VRSF intercooler, double-check the mounting tabs to make sure they're the corrected design.
No worries here, we've checked all our existing inventory and have confirmed that all units have all the mounting hardware as well as the modified mounts
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post

Double the time if convertible...
Appreciate 0