F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > OT: Projectors
ARMA SPEED

12-02-2015, 03:30 AM   #1
Herr Dreier
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G31 540i Xdrive

OT: Projectors

Sorry for the non-car related post. I was wondering if any of you have any experience of current projectors (i.e. things you plug into your laptop, not headlights)?

I'm looking for something portable to carry around to presentations at clients premises, so it's a backup should they not have anything suitable.

I need to present spreadsheet like data, so need a native resolution of 1280x800 as a minimum.

I'm looking to spend around 400-500 pounds excluding VAT.

I've read loads of reviews online, but without actually seeing them in practice, it's really hard to decide.

I like the LED based ones, as they don't need a lengthy cool-down, and the bulb is less likely to fail. I'm currently considering the Viewsonic Pled-W800 or the Optoma ML1500E, but are these LED projectors actually bright enough? It's reasonable to ask clients to turn the lights off to see the screen, but I don't want to be asking them to install black-out blinds!

These small projectors also don't have zoom, so you have to move it backwards and forwards to get the size right - again, probably not a problem.

If anyone has any experience with any of this, I'd be grateful to hear it.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #2
Jimbo4GC
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420d GC M Sport MG & IW

I use an Optoma (ML750) with a lithium ion battery pack with DC out for truly portable projecting. It's excellent.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
Herr Dreier
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: G31 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo4GC View Post
I use an Optoma (ML750) with a lithium ion battery pack with DC out for truly portable projecting. It's excellent.
Thanks - reading the specs it looks pretty good. Do you ever use it in a daylight indoors environment (i.e. blinds open/lights out)?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
Jimbo4GC
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 420d GC M Sport MG & IW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Drier View Post
Thanks - reading the specs it looks pretty good. Do you ever use it in a daylight indoors environment (i.e. blinds open/lights out)?
Hiya - yes, often. Its never going to be as bright as a full size projector, but considering this fits in my laptop bag with its battery pack and tripod (and wifi usb so it can be used totally wirelessly) its properly brilliant.

I've also added a mobile screen (Epson, £93 from Staples) which means I can present anywhere. Imagine my joy
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
Trialskings
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Daddy Wagon

I use this almost daily, ok it's vga and not HDMI but I've never had a problem with bright rooms.

You can spend more for sure, many clients have their own I plug into but I've not seen one yet as clear with as good contrast.

http://www.projectorshop24.co.uk/en/...FYoBwwod5PINcw
Appreciate 0