F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > DINANTRONICS tune now available for 335i, 435i, 535i Electronic Wastegate
Studio RSR

09-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #67
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webic View Post
Forum presence directly contributed to my cancellation of my MPPK and purchase of this product for my 435. So consider that a win.

Hopefully the dealer has already ordered it, but I pick up my car tomorrow so I get to butt dyno for a bit before I get the install.
Hooray! I will copy and paste that for the higher ups to justify my employment.

You will enjoy the 435i as its a very nice car stock but you won't miss it once you feel the difference. The one flaw in my mind on the 435i, and I may be alone in this feeling, but it feels so much more "floaty" then a 335i. To me, it seems that they really made that stock suspension super soft. Given, most of the newer BMW's give that feeling to some extent but the 435i seems to be on the extreme side of it. Let me know if you feel the same once you drive it a bit. Curious to see if I am alone in that or if my senses were just extremely 'tuned' that day (pun intended- i'm tired- forgive me).
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:05 AM   #68
iceman335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 F25 X3 xDrive35i M-Sport

I am also in Bay Area. How long do you need the car for? If I can get a deep discount on something like this for my F25 I don't mind to leave the car with Dinan for couple weeks when I go on travel.

My mean look F25 needs more power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Not at this time. We typically only work with the X5 and X6 for the SUV line but if we get a development vehicle it would only need a week or so to test fit and tweak since it is the same engine as the 335/435. Not a huge demand vehicle but if one happened to land in our lap then so be it. Always looking for development vehicles so if anyone wants to donate check out our website and submit the request through the development cars page.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:09 AM   #69
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Anything for the 135is ..?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:12 AM   #70
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman335 View Post
I am also in Bay Area. How long do you need the car for? If I can get a deep discount on something like this for my F25 I don't mind to leave the car with Dinan for couple weeks when I go on travel.

My mean look F25 needs more power
Send an email to developmentcars@dinancars.com and let them know the specs of your vehicle (year, model, etc), your willingness to leave the car for whatever amount of time, and that you are local. Also if there are any mods on the vehicle that is important to note. In general engineering likes to work with bone stock vehicles as it eliminates unnecessary extra variables.

I will also let the Director of Engineering know the sudden demand for the vehicle so maybe that will encourage him to act on it more quickly. =)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:19 AM   #71
iceman335
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Send an email to developmentcars@dinancars.com and let them know the specs of your vehicle (year, model, etc), your willingness to leave the car for whatever amount of time, and that you are local. Also if there are any mods on the vehicle that is important to note. In general engineering likes to work with bone stock vehicles as it eliminates unnecessary extra variables.

I will also let the Director of Engineering know the sudden demand for the vehicle so maybe that will encourage him to act on it more quickly. =)
OK no problem. I will send an email shortly. I have another car to drive so leave for couple weeks shouldn't be a problem.

And yes, my car is 100% stock, except the stripes
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:21 AM   #72
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Anything for the 135is ..?
Nothing DINANTRONICS related as the 335is utilizes a flash tune instead but we pretty much have the entire spectrum of performance upgrades available for the 335is including bigger turbos, diffs, etc.

Links to the product pages are below.
Coupe

Convertible
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:24 AM   #73
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Has diesel development been completely abandoned?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:26 AM   #74
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Still genuinely curious about some substantive information on how the product is differentiated from others in the marketplace, rather than simply stating it is.

In the meantime...let's make sure we don't miss any other models to ask about regarding products in development.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:28 AM   #75
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Has diesel development been completely abandoned?
Answered on page 2 of the thread, copied and pasted below...

You will be pleased to know that diesel has finally been accepted as a developing market here at Dinan and is at least on the radar for future developments. However, the directive is still that the gasoline powered vehicles need to be done first since that is the vast majority of the vehicles out there (bigger market, bigger priority; go capitalism). We get enough inquiries on diesel though that the needle has been moved and is in future plans unlike its dismissal in the past.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #76
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosmmc View Post
Nice, now I have to wait if they come out with an N20 tune.
We are working on it. Slowly but surely. We have had a 328i that we have been working on and off again for awhile. Just so happens we keep loaning it out as a loaner vehicle while we work on development on the bigger cars (8 and 6 cylinder). Luckily we are nearing the end on quite a bit of development on the aforementioned vehicles so the N20 should become more of a priority. The end goal, and we are well on pace to accomplish it, is to have a tune for nearly all the BMW product line (minus diesel) before years end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rxpert View Post
+1. Keep us MPPK guys posted as you know more, thx!
Will do.
Sorry. I had only read this when i first looked at the thread and now just read page three. Just missed the middle. Hope youll reach back to e90 335d.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:32 AM   #77
iceman335
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I just sent the email, can you please ask them to check it out tomorrow?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #78
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Still genuinely curious about some substantive information on how the product is differentiated from others in the marketplace, rather than simply stating it is.

In the meantime...let's make sure we don't miss any other models to ask about regarding products in development.
It's good marketing data for me so I don't mind the sudden influx of seemingly random vehicle requests. Gives us an idea on what to develop for in the future. In the end it just give the end user more options. Competition = good for all of you.

In regards to your other question that I "conveniently" did not respond to earlier. I have asked the powers that be to let me know exactly what I am allowed to say in regards to "how". Some of that information may be considered proprietary seeing as the 'how' question could possibly give away a competitive edge we feel we have discovered over the many years of development. I think even those that despise Dinan for whatever reason can respect the cautiousness I tread with on that topic.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #79
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
Sorry. I had only read this when i first looked at the thread and now just read page three. Just missed the middle. Hope youll reach back to e90 335d.
You are forgiven.

I would say it is VERY unlikely we go backward but strange things have happened before. I just wouldn't count on it.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 12:40 AM   #80
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman335 View Post
I just sent the email, can you please ask them to check it out tomorrow?

Thanks!
Sent an email. Engineering is actually off on Fridays except for a skeleton crew so chances are you won't hear anything til Monday at earliest anyway.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:01 AM   #81
CJ_LO
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 35I

Garage List
2014 F15 X5 35I  [0.00]
no love for x5?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #82
voyagergab
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 6MT, G01/F97 X3M

Is there a potential for Stage 2 and so on software for N55?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:11 AM   #83
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_LO View Post
no love for x5?
See page 3. Was addressed earlier. Short answer is we should have something by end of the year.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #84
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
Is there a potential for Stage 2 and so on software for N55?
Definitely. The great thing about the m235, 335, and 435 is a good chunk of items are damn near interchangeable so once one item is developed for one model the other 2 should be out the same time or closely behind. That said we have a prototype intake currently on those cars that is being field tested. Stage 2 is released when an intake and exhaust are available so it's coming sooner rather than later. We are also developing an oil cooler which would be integral to stage 3 package. There are others items planned but those are some of the ones that at least have physical versions of something produced.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 01:35 AM   #85
AgentAvalos
VIP
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335is

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
Wtf 2k for that??? JB4 FTW!
      09-12-2014, 02:33 AM   #86
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
We are also developing an oil cooler which would be integral to stage 3 package. There are others items planned but those are some of the ones that at least have physical versions of something produced.
Certainly. These cars run obnoxiously hot. 240-250 degree oil temps during casual driving around town is not something I'm used to, considering I have two other cars with 2x and 3x the power of this car which don't see above 200 during hard driving.

I'd be interested in hearing your case about upgrading the oil cooler versus bypassing the oil thermostat allowing the oil to continuously run through the factory oil cooler, which has shown to consistently reduce oil temps by 20-30 degrees.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 02:39 AM   #87
BMWnStuff
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Do they have this... But for x28i series? Would love to look more into this for my 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2014, 03:15 AM   #88
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

More boost, yes!