F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dinan N55 Intake / Stage 2 Software Launch.
Studio RSR

09-19-2016, 06:07 PM   #199
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 xDrive

Mine does this too from time to time.. usually after it's been sitting for a couple of days. I usually just let it run for a couple extra seconds and it sorts itself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen0s View Post
hi everyone,

I have question for who has actually installed the Dinan CAI. Installation was very easy, only issue I seem to have is when cold start my engine feels like it's gasping for air and I can feel engine vibration like it's about to stall out

Is this normal?? I don't have any CEL and after the cold start everything feels fine.

Would appreciate your input!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #200
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
I purchased the Dinan intake and stage 2 tune for MPPK. Not sure who defines 'stages', but I have an ER DP and the MPE exhaust from the MPE factory build, whereas Dinan's Stage 2 is stock DP and the Dinan exhaust, of course with the intake.

So, I'm not a purist when it comes to matching up the Dinan stage 2 tune with boltons, but I can say there are definitely no incompatibility issues from how the car performs with my setup.

The install of the intake was easy. The foam seal was fiddly but that's to be expected. No complaints.

The install of the stage 2 tuner was much easier that I anticipated. The harness and plugs are first class. 10/10. There is no need to worry about breaking the plugs. 'No bulls in the china shop' and it'll be fine. Watch the Dinan video, its perfect. Routing the harness towards the passenger side where the battery is located, is compact and out of the way. Again, nice harness. At the dealership, I would expect 1-1.5 hours for install when you factor in routing the harness and the fiddly windshield pieces.

After install, sound is irrelevant IMO. Whatever...

Performance of the car is a huge improvement over the MPPK. I have nothing to compare to except the N55 and MPPK. Not sure how much of a difference the DP is contributing but from other dyno'd cars, 12-15 HP is probably overstating it. IDK. Purists won't do the DP, but the rest of you will or have already done it.

Power for money - excellent, as I purchased the Dinan tuner second hand.

This is a no-hassle upgrade well worth the money. If I had purchased new, I would still feel it's a good upgrade, albeit an expensive one, but I would have only purchased new if I cared about the warranty, which I don't.

Im not clear if this is a stack on the MPPK (i.e., cumulative), but I imagine so as the tuner is specific to the MPPK. I am emailing to ask for clarification.

The tuner is temporarily disconnected and I've installed the JB4. In comparison to the Dinan install, lets just say it's not hassle-free, but I'm looking forward to experiencing all the wonderous performance increases the JB4 will supposedly provide.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 11:03 AM   #201
The Reverend
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435i

I had the Dinan Stage 1 with the Dinan airbox in my 335i and would have gone to Stage 2 but living in Vancouver which is a bit of a smaller town, Stage 1 was more than enough. Huge difference from stock.

Now that i have the 435i GC, I installed the Dinan airbox and Dinan exhaust. All I can say is the exhaust is savage! I wish I had done it sooner. Unfortunately, I ran out of $$$ after buying the car so Stage 1 or 2 will have to wait but for those considering MPE and warranty concerns, I would spend a bit more and go with the Dinan exhaust. 10/10 for sure.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 05:28 PM   #202
dotjonnL
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335iX M-Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Thrillride View Post
I purchased the Dinan intake and stage 2 tune for MPPK. Not sure who defines 'stages', but I have an ER DP and the MPE exhaust from the MPE factory build, whereas Dinan's Stage 2 is stock DP and the Dinan exhaust, of course with the intake.

So, I'm not a purist when it comes to matching up the Dinan stage 2 tune with boltons, but I can say there are definitely no incompatibility issues from how the car performs with my setup.

The install of the intake was easy. The foam seal was fiddly but that's to be expected. No complaints.

The install of the stage 2 tuner was much easier that I anticipated. The harness and plugs are first class. 10/10. There is no need to worry about breaking the plugs. 'No bulls in the china shop' and it'll be fine. Watch the Dinan video, its perfect. Routing the harness towards the passenger side where the battery is located, is compact and out of the way. Again, nice harness. At the dealership, I would expect 1-1.5 hours for install when you factor in routing the harness and the fiddly windshield pieces.

After install, sound is irrelevant IMO. Whatever...

Performance of the car is a huge improvement over the MPPK. I have nothing to compare to except the N55 and MPPK. Not sure how much of a difference the DP is contributing but from other dyno'd cars, 12-15 HP is probably overstating it. IDK. Purists won't do the DP, but the rest of you will or have already done it.

Power for money - excellent, as I purchased the Dinan tuner second hand.

This is a no-hassle upgrade well worth the money. If I had purchased new, I would still feel it's a good upgrade, albeit an expensive one, but I would have only purchased new if I cared about the warranty, which I don't.

Im not clear if this is a stack on the MPPK (i.e., cumulative), but I imagine so as the tuner is specific to the MPPK. I am emailing to ask for clarification.

The tuner is temporarily disconnected and I've installed the JB4. In comparison to the Dinan install, lets just say it's not hassle-free, but I'm looking forward to experiencing all the wonderous performance increases the JB4 will supposedly provide.
Any CEL with the DP? Catted or Catless?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 05:51 PM   #203
Dr Thrillride
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8cs

Garage List
Yes, a CEL appeared quite quickly after install. The DP is catless. It's not bothering me too much as I drove a 325 for a long time with one. But haven't bothered with a fix yet as the JB4 is in there now, which so far is not impressive on Map 2, but all I've have time to try ATM.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 06:13 PM   #204
JoeColorado
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi GC

I am new to Bimmerpost and just bought a used 2015 435XI with a Dinantronics Stage 1 upgrade.
Therefore I needs some help to get my head around the capabilities:
How can I find out more details about the current firmware that is loaded or specifics about the mod that is installed?
The only thing I found so far was the MAC address of the BT interface.

That leads to the second question:
I downloaded the Dinantronics Sport app for Android.. and I believe it is the wrong one.
Each time I open the app it is asking for teh Dinantronics module to connect. When it shows connected in teh top right it still shows "connecting" below and when I turn it on and get the list of the different modes, the app crashes.

Any help and guidance would be great.
Thanks
Joe
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #205
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeColorado View Post
I am new to Bimmerpost and just bought a used 2015 435XI with a Dinantronics Stage 1 upgrade.
Therefore I needs some help to get my head around the capabilities:
How can I find out more details about the current firmware that is loaded or specifics about the mod that is installed?
The only thing I found so far was the MAC address of the BT interface.

That leads to the second question:
I downloaded the Dinantronics Sport app for Android.. and I believe it is the wrong one.
Each time I open the app it is asking for teh Dinantronics module to connect. When it shows connected in teh top right it still shows "connecting" below and when I turn it on and get the list of the different modes, the app crashes.

Any help and guidance would be great.
Thanks
Joe
The sport app is the wrong one. You want to go to the play store and download the app that is the Dinan logo WITHOUT the red S. That is the correct app for your device. It will ask you for the last 4 digits of the MAC address which you can find on the control unit itself or on a sticker on the drivers side door jam (Assuming the installer did that step). You can also give me the last 7 of the VIN and I can do a backwards lookup to get you the MAC address if needed.

Once in the app you can see current firmware and all that jazz although with a stage 1 tuner there isnt a whole lot you can do with the app outside of turning it off and on. Which in your case might be beneficial since you bought it with the tuner on it just so you can experience a stock car as a comparison.

The stage 1 tune however is really aimed at just being a set it and forget it device and there really isnt anything to customize.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 08:17 PM   #206
JoeColorado
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435xi GC

Thanks. Much appreciated. Just getting started and hooked.
I found the sticker and the app works.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 07:45 PM   #207
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40i, DINAN M5 S2V10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbymiami View Post
Well, yoandry, I'd choose Dinan over MPPK any day but, to be perfectly honest, I'd like the car to be louder... Sooo I think downpipes and a different exhaust system are in my future. But for now, with the windows down in sport +, its a refined BMW sound.

Keep in mind I live in Miami where the douchiest of the douche live and there are tons of ridiculous super cars and modded cars that make my car sound like a Tesla in comparison.
MPE exhaust, Dinan mid pipe, Dinan intercooler, Dinan Cai, stage 3 Dinantonics and it sounds savage!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 12:41 PM   #208
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Dinan intake picture sent to us by a customer

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0