F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Speedtech.com Stg3 Turbo (600whp)
Extreme Powerhouse

03-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #89
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejan_ View Post
Yes but I don't know officially. That's what I was told, it's going to be up to the vendor when and how. I just know of the turbo because my Tuner is testing it.

I'm hoping release like asap cuz I want this kit already.
Yeah man, you sold me as soon as you said stage 2 BB twin scroll. They are going to sell tons of these kits.
Yeah dude, I was sold too when I saw and heard about it. Oem function of virtually no lag and ball bearing what's not to love. I'll be picking one up as well.
      03-29-2017, 08:50 PM   #90
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKD126 View Post
Quote:
Yes totally understand what you're saying and what your after, in fact were both after the same thing . Best you wait out this release of the ball bearing twin scroll and see if you like their offerings. If not then perhaps try the speed tech they seem like they have a nice setup as well.
Oh, I'll definitely wait for the BB twin scroll. Didn't you say they were announcing it this week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinjt View Post
Sub'd, My DD goal is also around 475 - 500 whp
I'll just leave this here now . Dyno tests comin soon. But here you guys go.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368897
      03-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #91
Krelle
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: M2C

-More presents for the N54 guy's
      03-30-2017, 08:48 AM   #92
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:

So, we have to wait after n54 release.
      03-30-2017, 09:02 AM   #93
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Quote:

So, we have to wait after n54 release.
They're testing N55 BB turbos as we speak. One is up here by me in Chicago.
      03-30-2017, 06:50 PM   #94
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
I know people personally in the North East with multiple occurrence on the PS2, for what it cost, and the lack of warranty, Customer Service issue people encounter.

I'll keep my options open to what's coming + Speedtech
Multiple occurrences? Warranty issues and customer service issues? That doesn't sound like the pure turbos I know. My car was the first n55 EVER to have a PS2 turbo. Done hundereds of 1/2 mile events on it. You guys PURE has more turbos out on n55 motors by a long shot. Probably over 20x more then the next competitor in line. More turbos sold is a greater chance to have an issue here or there. The guys talking about melting the cats or turbine, yeah you're not supposed to run more then 17-18 psi with a cat. That should be common knowledge. Thinking one test car that's been running for a couple months is enough to justify the "new" options as reliable think again. Let's see hindered of 1/2 mile pulls with videos and logs performing like pure has. Reading through this thread is a joke, there's hundreds of trouble free PS2 n55's out there and you guys can only post what 2 examples of issues? The guy who went through 3 turbos had a motor issue IIRC so I don't think his turbo failures were due to bad turbos. Seems way excessive, stick to the facts. PURE has been around the block and back, they have proven to be the most reliable upgrade out there.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2017, 07:37 PM   #95
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newguy123 View Post
Multiple occurrences? Warranty issues and customer service issues? That doesn't sound like the pure turbos I know. My car was the first n55 EVER to have a PS2 turbo. Done hundereds of 1/2 mile events on it. You guys PURE has more turbos out on n55 motors by a long shot. Probably over 20x more then the next competitor in line. More turbos sold is a greater chance to have an issue here or there. The guys talking about melting the cats or turbine, yeah you're not supposed to run more then 17-18 psi with a cat. That should be common knowledge. Thinking one test car that's been running for a couple months is enough to justify the "new" options as reliable think again. Let's see hindered of 1/2 mile pulls with videos and logs performing like pure has. Reading through this thread is a joke, there's hundreds of trouble free PS2 n55's out there and you guys can only post what 2 examples of issues? The guy who went through 3 turbos had a motor issue IIRC so I don't think his turbo failures were due to bad turbos. Seems way excessive, stick to the facts. PURE has been around the block and back, they have proven to be the most reliable upgrade out there.

The BorgWarner EFR 7670 Turbo SpeedTech (S3) is using has been out longer than the F Series Platform...just no one has ever adapted it to the N55. This Turbo is proven...

FYI, I currently have the Pure S2 also...with no issues *Knocks on wood

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
FSociety3807.00
      03-30-2017, 11:48 PM   #96
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz View Post
The BorgWarner EFR 7670 Turbo SpeedTech (S3) is using has been out longer than the F Series Platform...just no one has ever adapted it to the N55. This Turbo is proven...

FYI, I currently have the Pure S2 also...with no issues *Knocks on wood

Not saying the BW is a bad or unreliable turbo, that's not all that's getting changed when going to a S3 kit. Lots of things to take into consideration...that's all I'm gonna say. I just think this thread has gone a little off track with the BS being posted about PURE. Let's stick to the facts they hold the n55 1/4 and 1/2 mile records for ET and trap if I'm not mistaken. They have supported the n55 from the beginning and continue to do so. There has never been any smoke and mirrors with PURE, they post results and facts not a picture or two from a certain angle making the stock housing look like its mis engineered from the factory...
Fuel-It! direct port meth injection
check out my youtube channel here
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 12:21 AM   #97
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
Quote:
Not saying the BW is a bad or unreliable turbo, that's not all that's getting changed when going to a S3 kit. Lots of things to take into consideration...that's all I'm gonna say. I just think this thread has gone a little off track with the BS being posted about PURE. Let's stick to the facts they hold the n55 1/4 and 1/2 mile records for ET and trap if I'm not mistaken. They have supported the n55 from the beginning and continue to do so. There has never been any smoke and mirrors with PURE, they post results and facts not a picture or two from a certain angle making the stock housing look like its mis engineered from the factory...
Totally agree with you. Not to mention PURE S2s have been out for a couple of years now and has proven to be reliable. In the unfortunate event that something does go wrong, they have also proven to the community that their customer service is top notch. I do not think i have ever heard a complaint regarding their customer service.

I don't get these people barely hearing about a turbo kit being released or kit that has just been released and saying it is top notch just because it has a good turbo. Obviously you want a good turbo, but it's the performance and reliability of the whole package that matters. And it takes time to prove something is reliable.

It's great we have more options, but until they have a substantial amount sold and running on cars, we really won't know how good the kits are.

Also, you can stop with the inaccurate statements about Pure costumer service or the PS2. They have sold a ton of kits and they back up their product 100%
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2017, 07:05 AM   #98
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
I know people personally in the North East with multiple occurrence on the PS2, for what it cost, and the lack of warranty, Customer Service issue people encounter.

I'll keep my options open to what's coming + Speedtech
Not sure why you're so upset about the entire situation. This is just a thread about other viable options. I run a pure turbo and have had zero issues with it. But why would we not move into ball bearing category which will be much better?
Everything new needs to be tested, I don't know how long these guys have been testing these turbos man, probably the same amount of time that pure did years ago. I'm not associated with them, I just got info through some loops. And this is just one out of 3 new turbo vendors coming out.

Something new is always good, competition is always good. As far as I'm concerned you stick to what you think is best and go with it. No need to get sideways about competitors coming out with products. This platform since the unlock of the DME has grown insanely popular, it was only a matter of time before things like this started pouring in.

There are 4 options now with endless possibilities. You like pure, then spend your coin there...
      03-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #99
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hey, I completely agree with what you are saying. In retrospect Pure has been around a very long time and has proven results, so these new turbos have a lot to prove.

Like I said I have personally had a good experience with Pure and a smooth transaction. But that does not go to say that I should not state what I have seen and handled personally a failed turbo. So it coincides with what you stated, its about "high volume."

Everything I have seen, read and heard is relatively from Pure has been pretty recent. I work for a major manufacturer that grossed 9.39 billion dollars last year. We ramp up production and its a proven fact/statistic using TWG per 100 quality will suffer. I understand statistics and deal with it on a daily in production.
I think this is what is going on with such a small business and trying to cater to a global N55 platform. No one said those guys are not awesome and a good crew to deal with I was refunded my core within 2 days. That speaks volume. I just think they may be overwhelmed trying to push out products that are in high demand.

Leading to my next point aside form all the drama. There are some more options now ok "unproven" lets be fair, with a twin scroll OEM casing and ball bearing instead of journal in stage 2 and 2.5 offerings so whats not to like. At this point I will wait it out and see the data and results and would rather upgrade to BB. I think many members would opt for BB instead of journal, but all we can do is wait and see.
      04-15-2017, 04:18 PM   #100
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mineral White ///M-Sport 335i

So, do any of you F3X guys have this setup running on your car? I would love to see some "real world" footage of this in action!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 08:45 AM   #101
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by YouAreMyWorld View Post
So, do any of you F3X guys have this setup running on your car? I would love to see some "real world" footage of this in action!
There are a handful upgrades but I don't think anything definitive as far as action videos. Most that I have heard of upgraded are still testing and tuning.

I can only speak for the local to me X4 with a stage 2 ball bearing and he is ironing out his tune. His results should come up very soon but he will have to chime in on that. It will be interesting to see what they all do comparing to Pure since they set the benchmark.
      04-16-2017, 09:46 AM   #102
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There are a handful upgrades but I don't think anything definitive as far as action videos. Most that I have heard of upgraded are still testing and tuning.

I can only speak for the local to me X4 with a stage 2 ball bearing and he is ironing out his tune. His results should come up very soon but he will have to chime in on that. It will be interesting to see what they all do comparing to Pure since they set the benchmark.
Interesting. But isn't the turbo offered in this kit a ball bearing one? Or are you referring to a different kit?

Also, how's Pure Stage 1 been for you? Specifically in the top end; I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the anemic top end performance of the stock turbo past 5,000rpm. That issue is only exacerbated when you're pushing an aggressive custom tune. I just want good power that stays consistent throughout the entire rev-range.

Last edited by YouAreMyWorld; 04-16-2017 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 12:26 PM   #103
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting. But isn't the turbo offered in this kit a ball bearing one? Or are you referring to a different kit?

Also, how's Pure Stage 1 been for you? Specifically in the top end; I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the anemic top end performance of the stock turbo past 5,000rpm. That issue is only exacerbated when you're pushing an aggressive custom tune. I just want good power that stays consistent throughout the entire rev-range.
There is another ball bearing turbo announced by NOZ turbos out of Taiwan. Using the oem twinscroll head units and turbofold for the stage 2 and 2.5 units and stage 3 comes with a custom manifold.

I like the pure stage 1 it was cost effective and gave me 14psi to redline. It spikes to 18-19 depending on temps. Before on stock PWG turbo I was having trouble holding 7psi to redline. With a jb4 I can hold 17-18 to redline but the 2 seperate flash tunes I have, the dme wont hold like the jb4 does. Using Jb4 however is very aggressive and is my kill map. I hardly ever run it.
      04-16-2017, 12:43 PM   #104
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep

Quote:
There is another ball bearing turbo announced by NOZ turbos out of Taiwan. Using the oem twinscroll head units and turbofold for the stage 2 and 2.5 units and stage 3 comes with a custom manifold.

I like the pure stage 1 it was cost effective and gave me 14psi to redline. It spikes to 18-19 depending on temps. Before on stock PWG turbo I was having trouble holding 7psi to redline. With a jb4 I can hold 17-18 to redline but the 2 seperate flash tunes I have, the dme wont hold like the jb4 does. Using Jb4 however is very aggressive and is my kill map. I hardly ever run it.
I'm not 100% sure, but from what I can recall, the last offering coming out of Taiwan that I'm personally aware of were turbo's from a company called Hexon for the N54... let's just say that we'd rather not speak of them again...

Their initial offerings were amazing--product quality, what they were producing and price were unbeatable.. unfortunately their "success" ultimately lead to their downfall.. and boy oh boy did that plane take a nose dive. Merely a couple months after making splash on our scene did lack of quality control and product degradation become apparent. Turbo's blowing up, people never even receiving their product after having paid, and the entire "company" going under. I would be.. 100% skeptical.

As for my Custom Wedge tune, I hit 21 PSI in 3rd gear @3,000rpm, but by red-line.. I'm barely hitting 12.. talk about falling off the Himalaya's.

So imagine shifting at redline in 2nd gear into 3rd.. brutally underwhelming on stock turbo. And even more so when you know fully well what 3rd gear at lower revs does.. makes me cri every time, lmao.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 07:34 PM   #105
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not 100% sure, but from what I can recall, the last offering coming out of Taiwan that I'm personally aware of were turbo's from a company called Hexon for the N54... let's just say that we'd rather not speak of them again...

Their initial offerings were amazing--product quality, what they were producing and price were unbeatable.. unfortunately their "success" ultimately lead to their downfall.. and boy oh boy did that plane take a nose dive. Merely a couple months after making splash on our scene did lack of quality control and product degradation become apparent. Turbo's blowing up, people never even receiving their product after having paid, and the entire "company" going under. I would be.. 100% skeptical.

As for my Custom Wedge tune, I hit 21 PSI in 3rd gear @3,000rpm, but by red-line.. I'm barely hitting 12.. talk about falling off the Himalaya's.

So imagine shifting at redline in 2nd gear into 3rd.. brutally underwhelming on stock turbo. And even more so when you know fully well what 3rd gear at lower revs does.. makes me cri every time, lmao.
Damn that's a nightmare about the turbo company yikes! I hope that this doesn't happen with these guys.

I never see over 18-19 psi especially over 4500 rpm. I wish I could hold 18 to redline but the bm3 or ACF flash just won't, it starts to drop off. Running jb4 can lie I said but man is the car on full tilt all the time and I feel it brought on a whole different set of issues when stacking.

I've even spoken to Peter the Belgian pure turbo sponsor to try and sort things out with flash only. He basically reiterated that when he was on flash only and pure stage 1 he saw the same type of drop offs. I guess jb4 can be the ultimate boost controller but I like my current maps they're very good for what they both bring to the table.

What is your midrange boost? And any turbo upgrade plans?
      04-16-2017, 11:54 PM   #106
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn that's a nightmare about the turbo company yikes! I hope that this doesn't happen with these guys.

I never see over 18-19 psi especially over 4500 rpm. I wish I could hold 18 to redline but the bm3 or ACF flash just won't, it starts to drop off. Running jb4 can lie I said but man is the car on full tilt all the time and I feel it brought on a whole different set of issues when stacking.

I've even spoken to Peter the Belgian pure turbo sponsor to try and sort things out with flash only. He basically reiterated that when he was on flash only and pure stage 1 he saw the same type of drop offs. I guess jb4 can be the ultimate boost controller but I like my current maps they're very good for what they both bring to the table.

4,000rpm = 20PSI
4,500rpm = 19.6PSI
5,000rpm = 17.1PSI
5,500rpm = 15.2PSI
6,000rpm = 13.3PSI
6,500rpm = 12.4PSI

Awesome tune by Wedge, but there's only so much you can do with stock turbo on the N55. It's both saddening and frustrating. I'll take top end over lower end every day of the week. This is on 91ACN Otc as well.

My turbo upgrade is to hopefully be this kit, that's why I've been keeping my eye on this side of the forum for "real-world videos", as this kit isn't yet available for the E9X platform. Throughout my research and being as involved within the community as I can be, Speedtech's offering definitely appears to be the best--both in terms of cost and touted performance.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 09:41 AM   #107
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

4,000rpm = 20PSI
4,500rpm = 19.6PSI
5,000rpm = 17.1PSI
5,500rpm = 15.2PSI
6,000rpm = 13.3PSI
6,500rpm = 12.4PSI

Awesome tune by Wedge, but there's only so much you can do with stock turbo on the N55. It's both saddening and frustrating. I'll take top end over lower end every day of the week. This is on 91ACN Otc as well.

My turbo upgrade is to hopefully be this kit, that's why I've been keeping my eye on this side of the forum for "real-world videos", as this kit isn't yet available for the E9X platform. Throughout my research and being as involved within the community as I can be, Speedtech's offering definitely appears to be the best--both in terms of cost and touted performance.
Are you an EWG car? Can't see description on the app?

Yeah between 5,000-6,000 that thing nosedives and fast. Honestly it's tough to get it to hold on a flash tune. Most flashes I've seen concentrate on low end and midrange and from what I've seen the harder you tune them down low the faster they fall up top.

What year and model car are you?
      04-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #108
yoandry
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX & X5 M50i

Quote:
4,000rpm = 20PSI
4,500rpm = 19.6PSI
5,000rpm = 17.1PSI
5,500rpm = 15.2PSI
6,000rpm = 13.3PSI
6,500rpm = 12.4PSI

Why not to shift manually at 5500-6000 for the moment till you upgrade the turbo. Take advantage of our 8sp trany if you are auto. You wont fix that with just tune.
      04-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #109
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
M2 & X4 M40 are definitely holding more than 15psi after 5500rpm with Bootmod3 only

See attachment, M2 and my log...

Same log I see my
3rd gear 6k rpm 16psi
4th gear attached
5th gear 6560 rpm 15psi
Attached Images

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2017, 03:44 PM   #110
YouAreMyWorld
///Project Aura
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
Why not to shift manually at 5500-6000 for the moment till you upgrade the turbo. Take advantage of our 8sp trany if you are auto. You wont fix that with just tune.
I'm an E92, so we still have the 6AT. Shifting before redline just doesn't "feel right" right tbh. And I know, my tune is already complete, I'm not complaining about the tune, I'm complaining about our anemic stock turbo.
Appreciate 0