F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bm3 vs mhd vs aa
ARMA SPEED

03-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #45
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoandry View Post
I don't know who that guy is I dont remember from who I got my FBO and PS2. He doesn't remember either I guess as he asking if I have jb4 or meth.
hehe i remember you buddy

I meant to say that anyone using methanol should get a a JB4 regardless of the flash tune and the best methanol kit to work with the Jb4 is the BMS meth kit.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
yoandry673.00
      03-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #46
TF3090
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i M Sport

How do the three tunes stack up in terms of exhaust sound (burble)? I know all three have a burble option - do they all sound roughly the same, or do any of them stand out as being more aggressive or more mild?

I have heard AA has been able to push ~22psi on stock turbo and fueling, whereas BM3 pushes ~18psi but with more timing to reach power levels

Big plush for BM3 for me is that I already have the ENET cable (for coding as well) and the support from their admin on facebook is amazing (that dude will wake up at 4am just to TeamView with someone struggling with their tune)
Appreciate 1
FSociety3807.00
      03-09-2018, 10:40 AM   #47
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF3090 View Post
How do the three tunes stack up in terms of exhaust sound (burble)? I know all three have a burble option - do they all sound roughly the same, or do any of them stand out as being more aggressive or more mild?

I have heard AA has been able to push ~22psi on stock turbo and fueling, whereas BM3 pushes ~18psi but with more timing to reach power levels

Big plush for BM3 for me is that I already have the ENET cable (for coding as well) and the support from their admin on facebook is amazing (that dude will wake up at 4am just to TeamView with someone struggling with their tune)
I'm running MHD Stage 2+ and it's great. Smooth delivery and no issues. I've seen peak boost at just over 18psi. In regards to burble it is not available yet even to beta testers. Here's a link they just posted of the burble tune they are testing on a M2.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgE-zPOF...-by=mhd.tuning
      03-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #48
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF3090 View Post

The AA Tunes I received are running around 16-17PSI for Stage1 & closer to 18.5PSI for Stage2 according to Nic @ AA

AA apparently has several Burble tunes available, from slight to outright nasty.

I chose the MPerformance Burble on recommendation from Andrew (what he has on his car) - nice, noticeable, but not the shotgun & such crazy

Can't give my opinion yet as I haven't installed the tune...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #49
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
The AA Tunes I received are running around 16-17PSI for Stage1 & closer to 18.5PSI for Stage2 according to Nic @ AA

AA apparently has several Burble tunes available, from slight to outright nasty.

I chose the MPerformance Burble on recommendation from Andrew (what he has on his car) - nice, noticeable, but not the shotgun & such crazy

smart.. mperformance is dead perfect. Little worried about getting something thats anything more.
Appreciate 1
1QuikWS61615.50
      03-09-2018, 12:41 PM   #50
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

The word around the block is that BM3 is working on a user selectable burble setting (like a slider bar) and cold start delete. So you can basically pick your burble, pick cold start on or off then flash. I'm looking forward to playing around with that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
smart.. mperformance is dead perfect. Little worried about getting something thats anything more.

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2018, 04:11 PM   #51
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
The word around the block is that BM3 is working on a user selectable burble setting (like a slider bar) and cold start delete. So you can basically pick your burble, pick cold start on or off then flash. I'm looking forward to playing around with that!!

Quote:
AFAIK MHD will have the exact same feature. Slide the bar for less aggressive————more aggressive, as well as cold start delete.
      03-09-2018, 04:55 PM   #52
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual

Yeah just read that. That's nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
AFAIK MHD will have the exact same feature. Slide the bar for less aggressive————more aggressive, as well as cold start delete.

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 1
Seba77W333.50
      03-09-2018, 09:32 PM   #53
MTWO
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Flashing seems to be so damn fast with BM3 though. Its hilariously to see when doing a map switch. I swear once it starts to flash its like 30 seconds LMAO! I used to wait 2.5-3 minutes with my other cable I used. I switch maps and reflash often so I like that A LOT!
Appreciate 1
FSociety3807.00
      03-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #54
matty088
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTWO View Post
Flashing seems to be so damn fast with BM3 though. Its hilariously to see when doing a map switch. I swear once it starts to flash its like 30 seconds LMAO! I used to wait 2.5-3 minutes with my other cable I used. I switch maps and reflash often so I like that A LOT!
What's the best cable to use for bm3
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #55
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
I wonder if AA is working on developing a fleshed out UI along these lines, along with data logging capabilities! I pulled the trigger on their obd flash tune because they were one of the first available and I'm definitely happy with the performance boost (though my gas mileage has suffered because of it ). Having some of these additional features that BM3/MHD seem to be developing into their UIs would make it that much more awesome.
ceedawg466.00
      03-10-2018, 03:51 AM   #56
ceedawg
Major
Rep
Drives: 2k15 335i xdrive MSport 6spd

Quote:

I am gonna go with that burble choice thanks for posting. Can’t wait till you post how the car drives and perhaps a dyno. Enjoy!!
1QuikWS61615.50
      03-10-2018, 07:16 AM   #57
MTWO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
What's the best cable to use for bm3
Think I got mine here

https://www.amazon.com/Coding-Cable-...70_&dpSrc=srch
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #58
kevinjt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport 14'

I went with Bm3, couldn't be happier. The support, how fast the flash process is and the knowledge from the PTF is amazing.

Running Stage 2 93 Oct

335i EB RWD | ///M Sport Pkg | BMS Intake | M Performance Exhaust | ER Catless Downpipe | ER FMIC | ER Charge pipe | CF Aero | 19" Black M4 Wheels | Candy Orange ///M Brake Calipers | ///M Steering wheel | ///M Metal Pedals | Euro Spec - LCI Taillights
Appreciate 2
akgambino269.50
FSociety3807.00
      03-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #59
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
I went with AA due to their extended years of experience tuning BMW engines, & making quality aftermarket parts that do what they are supposed to do - NOT for 'gimmicks' included with their tune

I had their tune & products on my E92 for years & was more than happy with the results - now on to the F32

Flash between tunes with AA is <1min

Basically, I trust flashing major tuning files from my Alienware laptop way more than I ever would with a phone or tablet - so that feature is not important to me

I use TorquePro w/OBDLink LX BT Scan Tool for any logging I need - not really logging extensively anyway...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 2
ceedawg466.00
      03-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #60
MTWO
Captain
Rep

bm3 flashes from laptops too bro or anything that works in 1s and 0s you name it. I use my laptop when I go to my shop and on the road use the app for dash and logging
Appreciate 1
FSociety3807.00
      03-10-2018, 11:11 AM   #61
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
I went with AA due to their extended years of experience tuning BMW engines, & making quality aftermarket parts that do what they are supposed to do - NOT for 'gimmicks' included with their tune

I had their tune & products on my E92 for years & was more than happy with the results - now on to the F32

Flash between tunes with AA is <1min

Basically, I trust flashing major tuning files from my Alienware laptop way more than I ever would with a phone or tablet - so that feature is not important to me

I use TorquePro w/OBDLink LX BT Scan Tool for any logging I need - not really logging extensively anyway...
Thanks for this post!
      03-10-2018, 09:31 PM   #62
matty088
Major
Rep

****bm3 review****

Just did the bm3 with a stage 2 93octane. My car is a 2015 435xi. I am running catless. Keep in mind I am coming from a stock car with MPPK. Here is my take.

Pros. The car is way faster. As in night and day vs mppk. The car is insanely fast 0-60. I think it's faster to 60 than my rx7 that weighs 2600lbs and makes 450rwhp. You simply can't mess with a four wheel drive car with launch control and this stage 2. The power delivery is very linear. The tune is very clean and literally drives like oem. I am very impressed for an OTS map. It really is nice. I am really happy I went with bm3!

Cons. This is just honest feedback as a consumer. Trust me. I am extremely thrilled I bought this. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am merely offering constructive Criticism. Anyways----I think the throttle mapping isn't as good as mppk. I think the the throttle feel was more aggressive before (with mppk) which translates into more fun zipping around. I actually think this is a big deal. They should work on this in future updates to the map. I thought mppk on sport+ while not fast, was still insanely fun. I'd also note that the tranny doesn't behave as aggressive as mppk. When I slow down it doesn't down shift as much. And the shifts aren't as clean. The tune has been on the car for very miles so it may still be learning. The not down shifting when slowing might be all in my head. But I don't know. The tranny just doesn't seem as sporty feeling as mppk.

Burbles. Burbles while in park are dead perfect. They literally can't be better. When driving it doesn't seem to burble as much mppk.

Netnet. Bm3 is a homeRun. The car is fast as hell. The power is smooth and literally oem feeling. If they nailed down the throttle mapping and made it a touch more aggressive it would be a 10 out of 10

Catless dp review.The dp smell is more than I thought it would be. It isn't burning my eyes but for a classy ride as this it probably doesn't make a ton of sense. I will go fabspeed catted in the future. The turbo whine is amazing. Sounds awesome. The actual sound level is quiet with the mpe. However you step on the throttle and it's just perfect. Very nice setup. If you don't mind the smell, catless is a darn nice setup.
Appreciate 2
      03-11-2018, 08:20 AM   #63
ceedawg
Major
Rep

Quote:
****bm3 review****

Just did the bm3 with a stage 2 93octane. My car is a 2015 435xi. I am running catless. Keep in mind I am coming from a stock car with MPPK. Here is my take.

Pros. The car is way faster. As in night and day vs mppk. The car is insanely fast 0-60. I think it's faster to 60 than my rx7 that weighs 2600lbs and makes 450rwhp. You simply can't mess with a four wheel drive car with launch control and this stage 2. The power delivery is very linear. The tune is very clean and literally drives like oem. I am very impressed for an OTS map. It really is nice. I am really happy I went with bm3!

Cons. This is just honest feedback as a consumer. Trust me. I am extremely thrilled I bought this. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I am merely offering constructive Criticism. Anyways----I think the throttle mapping isn't as good as mppk. I think the the throttle feel was more aggressive before (with mppk) which translates into more fun zipping around. I actually think this is a big deal. They should work on this in future updates to the map. I thought mppk on sport+ while not fast, was still insanely fun. I'd also note that the tranny doesn't behave as aggressive as mppk. When I slow down it doesn't down shift as much. And the shifts aren't as clean. The tune has been on the car for very miles so it may still be learning. The not down shifting when slowing might be all in my head. But I don't know. The tranny just doesn't seem as sporty feeling as mppk.

Burbles. Burbles while in park are dead perfect. They literally can't be better. When driving it doesn't seem to burble as much mppk.

Netnet. Bm3 is a homeRun. The car is fast as hell. The power is smooth and literally oem feeling. If they nailed down the throttle mapping and made it a touch more aggressive it would be a 10 out of 10

Catless dp review.The dp smell is more than I thought it would be. It isn't burning my eyes but for a classy ride as this it probably doesn't make a ton of sense. I will go fabspeed catted in the future. The turbo whine is amazing. Sounds awesome. The actual sound level is quiet with the mpe. However you step on the throttle and it's just perfect. Very nice setup. If you don't mind the smell, catless is a darn nice setup.
You just remapped the DME and TCU I believe, so your right perhaps the tranny adaptations have to relearn your driving style and the throttle mapping will readjust. However Great review thabks.
      03-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #64
NO_USER_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: .

Here's my Step by Step for everything you need to know for bootmod3:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1474469

Appreciate 4
      03-11-2018, 06:30 PM   #65
matty088
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedawg View Post
You just remapped the DME and TCU I believe, so your right perhaps the tranny adaptations have to relearn your driving style and the throttle mapping will readjust. However Great review thabks.
I think it changed the suspension/steering/chases settings too. But don't quote me
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 11:52 AM   #66
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
I think it changed the suspension/steering/chases settings too. But don't quote me
LOL no

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehboost View Post
Here's my Step by Step for everything you need to know for bootmod3:

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1474469

Thumbs Up!!!!!! appreciate having people like you in the community

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0