F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Performance Technique / NorCal Open House
proTUNING Freaks

11-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Performance Technique / NorCal Open House

Hey everyone. New to the forum still but anybody going to the open house in Fremont California at Performance Technique?

I'm probably gonna be taking my new F30 down!

Btw does anybody here track regularly in NorCal ? I've been putting seat time in my stock F30 and would like to know some general stuff. Ive tracked multiple cars for a few years now but I'd like to know some chassis tendencies on the new toy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #2
RomeoBBB
Rep
Drives: F32

When and what time?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomeoBBB View Post
When and what time?
Screenshot the event! Let me know what ya think!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:17 PM   #4
RomeoBBB
Rep
Drives: F32

Will probably go!
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:25 PM   #5
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
P-Tech isn't a shop I'd want to support. They don't own up to their mistakes. For a shop as expensive as they are, I expect higher quality work.

In my case they gave me a crap alignment because their rack was out of calibration (they didn't regularly calibrate it), and broke one of my control arm bushings when pressing it out, so they made me buy a new one. Now that I've done more work on my vehicle, the only way they could've broken that bushing the way they did is if they weren't using the proper tool to push it out.

I've come to find out talking to others that I'm not the only one who's had similar experiences there.

There are better local shops to support (like Edge Motorworks and VT Motorworks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by romemedrano View Post
Btw does anybody here track regularly in NorCal ? I've been putting seat time in my stock F30 and would like to know some general stuff. Ive tracked multiple cars for a few years now but I'd like to know some chassis tendencies on the new toy.
Kreuz and I regularly track with the Audi club (they do a fantastic job organizing events), and I also go out with HoD.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:29 PM   #6
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
P-Tech isn't a shop I'd want to support. They don't own up to their mistakes. For a shop as expensive as they are, I expect higher quality work.

In my case they gave me a crap alignment because their rack was out of calibration (they didn't regularly calibrate it), and broke one of my control arm bushings when pressing it out, so they made me buy a new one. Now that I've done more work on my vehicle, the only way they could've broken that bushing the way they did is if they weren't using the proper tool to push it out.

I've come to find out talking to others that I'm not the only one who's had similar experiences there.

There are better local shops to support (like Edge Motorworks and VT Motorworks).

Quote:
Kreuz and I regularly track with the Audi club (they do a fantastic job organizing events), and I also go out with HoD.

Yeah I'm just going to go and my good friend Greg ( non performance technique employee just customer) is a cool track guy that I just want to hang with .

I'm actually a dealer tech so I do my own work lol
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:36 PM   #7
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well that's handy! Which dealership?

Here's Audi club's next event in Jan. Thunderhill 3mi, $650 for Sat/Sun. Includes meals (dinner Fri if you come up in time, breakfast and lunch Saturday, banquet Saturday night, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday).

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #8
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I'm just going to go and my good friend Greg ( non performance technique employee just customer) is a cool track guy that I just want to hang with .

Here's Audi club's next event in Jan. Thunderhill 3mi, $650 for Sat/Sun. Includes meals (dinner Fri if you come up in time, breakfast and lunch Saturday, banquet Saturday night, and breakfast and lunch on Sunday).
I seen that I actually hit "interested" on there FB event. Debating it... definitely pricey compared to most 3 mile days but if the crowd and "weather" is right. I might pull trigger....

Honestly thinking of going to the Performance Technique Open Track Private event. $325 ( or $375) open track no run groups 25 car max includes free lunch and photos. Downfall is it's in the West Course.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #9
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I seen that I actually hit "interested" on there FB event. Debating it... definitely pricey compared to most 3 mile days but if the crowd and "weather" is right. I might pull trigger....
Considering it includes full time instruction, class sessions, and meals, I think it's a pretty darn good deal for two days. HoD and BMWCCA are more expensive for less.

Appreciate 0
      11-19-2019, 06:42 PM   #10
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Whoops bypass your question.

Peter Pan BMW for 8 years , worked at EastBay for 3 years or so . Went thru the BMW program at Chabot College awhile back.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2019, 05:21 PM   #11
jh_f30
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i Sportline Auto RWD

Quote:
Quote:

I assume you have to be a member? Any issues if you're not an Audi owner?
      11-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #12
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Whoops bypass your question.

Peter Pan BMW for 8 years , worked at EastBay for 3 years or so . Went thru the BMW program at Chabot College awhile back.
Nice! Must be handy having access to all the specialized tools (like the steering rack one, haha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
I assume you have to be a member? Any issues if you're not an Audi owner?
Yeah you have to join the club ($50/yr), but you don't need an Audi to do so. Almost all the auto clubs (ACNA, BMWCCA, Lotus, Corvette, ect.) don't require you to actually own that marque. PCA is the most "strict."

There's a large contingency of BMWs at Audi club events. At the Sonoma track weekend at the beginning of the month there were 19 BMWs. The local Audi club puts on four HPDE events a year (two Thunderhill 3-mi cyclone, Laguna Seca, and Sonoma), vs BMW CCA's one (or maybe two if it's a good year). Those of us that track with both BMWCCA and ACNA all agree ACNA's events are better.

I should note that the local BMWCCA is more focused on AutoX and club racing. If you want to go those routes, then that's where BMWCCA shines.

Last edited by FaRKle!; 11-20-2019 at 05:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
jh_f301307.00