F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Bay Area dealership that won't flag my mods
GetBMWParts

12-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #1
TBONE1969
Private
Rep
Drives: AW '18 340i

Bay Area dealership that won't flag my mods

I need to take my leased '18 340i in for its first service. I am running a high flow downpipe, Bootmod3 tune, Ohlins R&T, camber plates, HRE wheels w/PS4S tires. I am going to flash the car back to the stock tune before taking it in.

I know that no dealer will be helpful if any of my mods were to damage the car. I am only looking for a dealership with a cool service rep and shop foreman that won't arbitrarily flag my car for the down pipe and suspension. Any suggestions in the SV/San Jose area?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 11:41 AM   #2
romemedrano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBONE1969 View Post
I need to take my leased '18 340i in for its first service. I am running a high flow downpipe, Bootmod3 tune, Ohlins R&T, camber plates, HRE wheels w/PS4S tires. I am going to flash the car back to the stock tune before taking it in.

I know that no dealer will be helpful if any of my mods were to damage the car. I am only looking for a dealership with a cool service rep and shop foreman that won't arbitrarily flag my car for the down pipe and suspension. Any suggestions in the SV/San Jose area?
Typically dealers dont flag cars, when your FASTA data gets sent out ( short test) BMW will know ultimately your car is tuned etc. BMW Cloud once your car gets scanned with ISTA4 will pretty much tell BMW NA your cars status.

Sometimes RTE are at dealerships and if they see a flashy car theyll take your VIN and void it. Seen it happen a few times here...most the time techs and foreman dont care till you start probing for fixes thats involving your tuned car.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #3
TBONE1969
Private
Rep
Drives: AW '18 340i

What is an RTE? Is that an engineer from BMW corporate?
Appreciate 0