F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > "Frozen" paint (matte/satin)
VIBE Motorsports

09-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #23
Cantab
Rep
Drives: 440ix GC M Edition

I have the same Frozen Silver. I love the colour and the way it shows off the lines of the car. In terms of regular maintenance I actually find it easier than my older Carbon Black 535 because this paint won't get/show swirls. A quick wipe down is so much easier.

I wanted to coat it with a ceramic coating and while folks say you can use ceramic pro etc I wanted to use a dedicated Matte paint coating and used Dr. Beasleys even though it's not as well a reviewed product. The issue I'm having though is that because the paint is (by design) not slick I can't tell if the coating is doing much. Usually the hydrophobic properties are the easy way to see if the coating is still there but you can't really tell on the satin finish since water doesn't bead or run off as easily. Oh well. Hopefully it's working. Will apply another coat on a few weeks to create some layers.

Will post pics soon!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2018, 01:19 AM   #24
Skyhigh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Wax definitely shows! I am impressed by the Swissvax opaque wax. Water runs straight off!
Soon time to renew it. Best wax I have ever seen and used in general (and first one from Swissvax I am using).

P.s. welcome to the frozen club. Happy to have a silver buddy now
      10-09-2018, 06:22 AM   #25
Skyhigh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Having now tried Chemical Guys Meticulous Auto Wash Shampoo, I must say I find it superior to the Swissvax Opaque Car Bath Shampoo!

I am very impressed by all Swissvax products I have tried so far, except the Opaque Car Bath. No foam, not slippery... almost like washing with clear water (although I am sure it helps removing dirt). I have really been afraid of scratches with the Opaque.

The Chemical Guys on the other hand performs like a high-quality, regular shampoo - I certainly put more than I should have (biased by the Swissvax experience), but I had lots of foam and a decent slippery feeling!

Definitely my new preference for shampoo. For everything else I feel Swissvax are great.