F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
GetBMWParts

03-02-2023, 04:26 PM   #595
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

In App On-The-Fly Options and Shift Up Burbles

MG Flasher update v362

New features are now available from the MG Flasher app! This update brings the ability to adjust Custom Code On-The-Fly (OTF) options directly from the app and shift up burbles in three different flavours: OEM, Soft and Hard. To get burbles on-shift working, users may require enabling the feature on the TCU as well, via TCU software solutions like xHP’s flashing tool. This feature is also known as “torque reduction” during shift.

With the recent release of Custom Code v7.0, a few users found that long term storage of OTF features (EEPROM saving) wasn’t working properly. The settings were reverting to defaults. There were also reports of Antilag getting “stuck” on. We resolved both issues in Custom Code v7.0.1 but it is necessary to update the app to v362 to access this patch. MG Flasher is now working on finalizing the shift of Custom Code app dependency to the cloud which will allow bug fixes like this to be resolved without requiring a newer app.

While investigating this issue with EEPROM storage, we found it would be a perfect time to release a ”back-burner” project: in-app adjustment of Custom Code On-The-Fly options. This new feature is available from the Diagnostics menu under “Custom Code Diagnostics”. From there, users with supported Custom Code versions (v6.9.x and newer) can set their active Switchable Map Slot, Burble Aggression Slot, Max Cooling Status, or Antilag Standing RPM setpoint DIRECTLY from the MG Flasher app! Adjustment of Antilag RPM requires Custom Code v7.0 or newer. Users can also read or save their active settings with a press of a button. Pressing “Read All EEPROM” will show the active OTF settings for all available features on your current Custom Code version, where newer version may have more options shown. When pressing “Save EEPROM”, the app will mimic our instructions for saving OTF settings: key cycle with a brief wait period. These options are intended for diagnostic purposes in the current layout as we are working on a redesign of the User Interface (UI). Once complete, the interface will look polished and easier to use.

Custom Code update v7.1 is also right around the corner (currently in beta testing). The update will bring a new experience to the OTF setting selection process through the in car (on the dash) Custom Code Menu (CCM). While users get familiar with the new method of selecting OTF options, the in-app OTF settings interface should make it easier to transition. More on this will be available soon!

Android 13 with ENET cable users will be happy to hear that we have adjusted how the app searches for and connects to your vehicle. To take advantage of these changes, look at the updated user manual section for our “Connection Guide” where we adjusted which Static IP settings should be used.

MG Flasher’s support staff has noticed a large influx of questions/comments on our recent posts asking about support for G-Series vehicles and Gen 2 vehicles. We hear you! You will be happy to know that we are in the midst of beta testing gen 1 G-Series Custom Code. Progress is underway and we can’t wait to share it with everyone. We really appreciate everyone’s patience and their support!

Happy Flashing!
The MG Flasher Team
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2023, 10:08 AM   #596
hanselfransel
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW

It is future planned to support b57
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2023, 04:58 AM   #597
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

anyone else lost launch control?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2023, 03:03 PM   #598
Mikej0h
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i G30 2018

Any idea on when 7.x gets released for G30 B58 Gen1?
Still stuck CC 3.7, while BM3 already has most functionality released.

EDIT: If I can aid testing by some means, let me know!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 10:21 PM   #599
Monkey5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 230 , '19 330 msport

connecting

I've been trying for about 6 months to connect the app to my car. enet config is just as stated in the connection instructions. Connect my cable to my phone, turns green and says connected. Thats about all I can do.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 09:30 AM   #600
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

MG Flasher Custom Code for BMW Gen 1 G-Series B58

Gen 1 G-Series BMWs are now supported with our latest Custom Code v7.0.x update! This includes our On-The-Fly options such as Switchable Maps, Burbles, Antilag and Max Cooling. This update covers all generation 1 G-Series B58 (G30, G01, G02, etc.) software versions (specifically, SWFL 3081).

With the release of the Switchable Maps On-The-Fly feature, we will also be releasing updated OTS maps with Stage 2.5 and dedicated E30/E40 maps. These maps will all be accessible through the Switchable Maps menu using the cruise control buttons (or the new in-app diagnostic menu), without the need to reflash your car each time!
For detailed instructions regarding our Custom Code, as well as the layouts of the switchable map slots, please refer to the MG Flasher User Manual: https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/wiki...+Code+Features

A big thanks goes out to all the beta testers who helped in troubleshooting and testing of new Custom Code! We greatly appreciate the time these testers spent, the effort they provided and the feedback they gave to make a better experience for you. We thank everyone for their hard work and dedication in helping us provide a finished product that we are very proud to share with you today. We are excited to share custom code for even more MGF users with Flex Fuel and Gen 2 support around the corner!

Happy Flashing!

The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com
Appreciate 2
      07-18-2023, 11:59 AM   #601
Maxwagen
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 330i Wagon

I have a vGate iCar 2 OBD2 WiFi adapter that I've been using with Bimmercode. Will this adapter be suitable for flashing with MG Flasher?
      08-19-2023, 08:04 AM   #602
jim9508
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i G02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post

New features are now available from the MG Flasher app! This update brings the ability to adjust Custom Code On-The-Fly (OTF) options directly from the app and shift up burbles in three different flavours: OEM, Soft and Hard. To get burbles on-shift working, users may require enabling the feature on the TCU as well, via TCU software solutions like xHP’s flashing tool. This feature is also known as “torque reduction” during shift.
…..
Hello Jarek, I’ve apply MG flasfer stage 2 and XHP stage 3 on my 2019 X4 m40i (with Fi high flow Down pipe and exhaust). These works perfect on my car, but when I tried the “shift up burbles” setting in MG flaser, nothing changed when shift up. Then I saw this post that you mentioned need to enabling the “ torque reduction” in XHP, dose this mean I only need to activated this function as the photo or need to adj the setting of each gear%? plz advice, thanks.

Last edited by jim9508; 08-19-2023 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 05:32 AM   #603
punialex
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeja View Post
G30 B48H owner here having some problems with MGflasher Stage 1 OTS map.

The issue is from gear 3 and up on the upper rpm (approx. 5800>)
When I go full throttle on the freeway, it's just like some limiter kicks in and it loses power completely for a second (like lagging on/off in power delivery) until it shifts up to 4th, then the same thing happens again from 5600 rpm until it shifts up.

I get 4 DTC's after this happens.

No problems with stock map, everything is flawless and no DTC's.
Posting to see if anyone else have the same experience?
I get the same DTCs with my f30 330e 2017, also I see an increase in fuel consumption, no other errors after checking with ISTA.

Does someone know more about what these DTCs are or how to fix them?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2023, 05:35 AM   #604
punialex
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post

MG Flasher update v362

With the recent release of Custom Code v7.0, a few users found that long term storage of OTF features (EEPROM saving) wasn’t working properly. The settings were reverting to defaults. There were also reports of Antilag getting “stuck” on. We resolved both issues in Custom Code v7.0.1 but it is necessary to update the app to v362 to access this patch. MG Flasher is now working on finalizing the shift of Custom Code app dependency to the cloud which will allow bug fixes like this to be resolved without requiring a newer app.

While investigating this issue with EEPROM storage, we found it would be a perfect time to release a ”back-burner” project: in-app adjustment of Custom Code On-The-Fly options. This new feature is available from the Diagnostics menu under “Custom Code Diagnostics”. From there, users with supported Custom Code versions (v6.9.x and newer) can set their active Switchable Map Slot, Burble Aggression Slot, Max Cooling Status, or Antilag Standing RPM setpoint DIRECTLY from the MG Flasher app! Adjustment of Antilag RPM requires Custom Code v7.0 or newer. Users can also read or save their active settings with a press of a button. Pressing “Read All EEPROM” will show the active OTF settings for all available features on your current Custom Code version, where newer version may have more options shown. When pressing “Save EEPROM”, the app will mimic our instructions for saving OTF settings: key cycle with a brief wait period. These options are intended for diagnostic purposes in the current layout as we are working on a redesign of the User Interface (UI). Once complete, the interface will look polished and easier to use.

Custom Code update v7.1 is also right around the corner (currently in beta testing). The update will bring a new experience to the OTF setting selection process through the in car (on the dash) Custom Code Menu (CCM). While users get familiar with the new method of selecting OTF options, the in-app OTF settings interface should make it easier to transition. More on this will be available soon!

Android 13 with ENET cable users will be happy to hear that we have adjusted how the app searches for and connects to your vehicle. To take advantage of these changes, look at the updated user manual section for our “Connection Guide” where we adjusted which Static IP settings should be used.

MG Flasher’s support staff has noticed a large influx of questions/comments on our recent posts asking about support for G-Series vehicles and Gen 2 vehicles. We hear you! You will be happy to know that we are in the midst of beta testing gen 1 G-Series Custom Code. Progress is underway and we can’t wait to share it with everyone. We really appreciate everyone’s patience and their support!

Happy Flashing!
The MG Flasher Team
Hello,

Can I get the Shift up burbles working on a 330e f30 2017?

Just turning the option on doesn't work, XHP is not available for Hybrid cars.

Can I use the TCU Torque Limit Removal, Torque by Gear, or any other option in MG Flasher in order to make the shift burbles work? If yes, what are the settings?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2023, 10:51 PM   #605
bimmermongrel
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Have my finger over the buy button for MG Flasher (actually it's a series of buy buttons) but seeking clarity to something first.

I'm on a 530e (yeah I know wrong forum but the G30 site doesn't have a thread for this I can find). If you have a Stage 1 installed, how does it effect Comfort vs Sport modes? Does it apply the same curve to every mode so they all move the same? Or are they all improved proportionally, but still different?

The BEST would be if I could apply the tune JUST to Sport mode so my wife & daughter aren't bothered by the bump to what THEY feel is a perfectly good ride but I could step it up when I want to.

Thanks for any insights.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 02:28 PM   #606
swrdply400mrelay
Rep
Drives: VN

Didn't read all 28 pages, but anyone have an upgraded turbo with MG Flasher, such as a DAW?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2024, 06:38 AM   #607
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrdply400mrelay View Post
Didn't read all 28 pages, but anyone have an upgraded turbo with MG Flasher, such as a DAW?
https://shop.marintuned.com/collecti...37984848380056
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 03:17 PM   #608
Bad-Alias
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: m140i

hi, im wondering if you can help please. I have had to reinstall mg flasher to my m140 b58. but I am having problems in doing so.

I have tried 2 different phones (samsung s24 ultra, hawaii p30 pro) and they both do the same.

With the same settings as i had before, but now the burbles and more so the upshift farts are very soft.

In the app settings, in the burble, at the top where it says oem, style 1, style 2. this keep going blank, also the up shift farts section goes blank also.

I can select the options (style 1 and hard for the upshift) but when i go back in to check, they are both blank.

I have tried to remap multiple times, sometimes the farts/upshift is there, but very little, sometimes, there is nothing at all.

I am running the stage 2.5 with sports cat and uprated fuel pump on 98 ron fuel.

Anyone else having this problem please?

(i am also running xhp stage 3) and again I had to reinstall.

I had cruise control fitted to my car, and the person scanned it with carly, and after that my bimmercodes were all put back to standard and felt like the map/gearbox was changed as it was no was as loud after that.

I have reinstalled both to the same settings as before, but the sound has gone, and im having problems with the settings on the mg flasher app stated above.

many thanks
Appreciate 0