F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > M-Performance caliper carrier hole distance
proTUNING Freaks

11-12-2021, 12:23 PM   #1
Figgs_1979
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i, 2010 MCS

M-Performance caliper carrier hole distance

What's up gang!

First time poster here..

So I found a great set of M performance calipers used that I want to rebuild and refurbish. They are the oranges. To be certain these will fit my 340i I would like to measure the carrier bolt hole distancewhen I meet up with said vendor. To ensure they will fit.

So a few questions?

1) What is the carrier bolt hole distance on the Grey standard brembos. center to center so I can measure against these used ones

2) I believe no programming of the ecu would need to take place when swapping out calipers from grey brems to m performance.

3) any web links to dimensional drawings.

thanks for all your help...please trust that I used the search button...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:55 PM   #2
Logicoeur
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335i xDrive

It will fit and bolt on without issue. Your previous calipers were grey so you had 340mm rotors. If the set you found are factory orange then they are 370mm and you will need new rotors front and rear (345mm). The bolts are the same. The brake hoses are the same. You don't need larger dust shields. You don't need a new master cylinder. You don't need any coding. Bolt on and go.
F30 335iX | Remus Axleback | Fabspeed Catted DP | VRSF Comp IC | 18X9 ET35 19lb MT1 | 255/40/18 ECS | Ohlins RT Millway Street | Millway Control Arm Bushings | Turner Endlinks | TMH 75mm 14x1.5 Studs | BMW MPerf LSD | XDelete | Pipercross Filter | MHD Stg2 93
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 03:27 PM   #3
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgs_1979 View Post
What's up gang!

First time poster here..

So I found a great set of M performance calipers used that I want to rebuild and refurbish. They are the oranges. To be certain these will fit my 340i I would like to measure the carrier bolt hole distancewhen I meet up with said vendor. To ensure they will fit.

So a few questions?

1) What is the carrier bolt hole distance on the Grey standard brembos. center to center so I can measure against these used ones

2) I believe no programming of the ecu would need to take place when swapping out calipers from grey brems to m performance.

Good news! You are way over thinking it! It fits! If you need pads and rotors the best for street are Hawk 5.0 and StopTech crossdrilled rotors. See photos for part numbers for 370mm front and 345mm rear.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-12-2021, 07:23 PM   #4
Figgs_1979
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i, 2010 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
What's up gang!

First time poster here..

So a few questions?

Good news! You are way over thinking it! It fits! If you need pads and rotors the best for street are Hawk 5.0 and StopTech crossdrilled rotors. See photos for part numbers for 370mm front and 345mm rear.
Awesome! figured as much just wasn't sure if the brembo carrier bolt spacing has changed with older models vs newer models. example e90 brakes vs f30 brembos. Calipers are orange m performance and hoping the listing isn't a scam because price is to good to be true

So you can feel me why I wanted to confirm before I purchase..I wanted to ensure the carrier bolt spacing was the same.

any part numbers on these calipers??

just want to make sure I am getting the right product. i am always fearful buying second hand.

I am aware of the rotor, pad, lines and dust shield.

appreciate the replies
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 02:41 AM   #5
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Quote:
What's up gang!

First time poster here..

So a few questions?

Awesome! figured as much just wasn't sure if the brembo carrier bolt spacing has changed with older models vs newer models. example e90 brakes vs f30 brembos. Calipers are orange m performance and hoping the listing isn't a scam because price is to good to be true

So you can feel me why I wanted to confirm before I purchase..I wanted to ensure the carrier bolt spacing was the same.

any part numbers on these calipers??

just want to make sure I am getting the right product. i am always fearful buying second hand.

I am aware of the rotor, pad, lines and dust shield.

appreciate the replies
You can find caliper part numbers on the realoem website but that won't help you if you are trying to identify them by seeing the used part.

There are raised numbers in the back of the casting that you'll want to look for on the front calipers. You should see "370/380". On the back of your Grey stock front Brembo you will see "340". See photos. (Ignore caliper colors in photos. Just look at numbering. The same would be on orange calipers from the M Performance Brake Kit)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0