F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Mod Friendly Dealers- North Jersey, NY
Studio RSR

09-08-2017, 10:54 PM   #1
WillSkill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW 335i

Garage List
Mod Friendly Dealers- North Jersey, NY

Hey, does anyone know any Mod friendly dealers around North Jersey? I've installed a JB4 and DP but I'm looking to get some warranty work done with my door locks, they're not functioning properly.

I live around Monticello, NY. So any dealer close by would help.

Does anyone know if Prestige BMW is mod friendly? I've been to Orange County BMW before I modded but the service there is horrible. They tried to charge me an extra $150 for engine oil filter when I went in for an oil change.

Thank you!
2013 Alpine White 335i -M Sport/// Akrapovic Catback Exhaust/// KW Street Comfort Coilovers/// BMS intake/// JB4/// ER front mount intercooler/// ER Charge pipe/// ER catless downpipe/// 18" Apex Arc-8 in Anthracite/// Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 10:38 AM   #2
lateapex'er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i M-Sport

I went to Park Ave BMW in Hackensack, NJ yesterday for a routine oil change service. Although I can't comment on your mods, I know they are Dinan friendly.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #3
WillSkill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateapex'er View Post
I went to Park Ave BMW in Hackensack, NJ yesterday for a routine oil change service. Although I can't comment on your mods, I know they are Dinan friendly.
I'm going to try Orange County BMW one more time. I have a different SA this time so maybe it'll go well.
2013 Alpine White 335i -M Sport/// Akrapovic Catback Exhaust/// KW Street Comfort Coilovers/// BMS intake/// JB4/// ER front mount intercooler/// ER Charge pipe/// ER catless downpipe/// 18" Apex Arc-8 in Anthracite/// Michelin Pilot Super Sports
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 04:25 PM   #4
mdai245
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i XDrive

Most dealerships are mod friendly (they wont flag you immediately) unless you come in with a check engine light. Unless you know every SA and tech that would ever be looking at your car, you can never gaurantee you wont get flagged for mods.

Safest bet is to get mods blessed/installed by the dealer such as Dinan, or to uninstall everything before each service visit.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
BUFFLARS12
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW f30 328i xdrive M Spor

Orange county is owned by a bunch of scumbags.

Prestige at least is a dinan dealer. I go to them and purchased my dinantronics sport from them.
You have a better shot with them
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #6
WillSkill
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdai245 View Post
Most dealerships are mod friendly (they wont flag you immediately) unless you come in with a check engine light. Unless you know every SA and tech that would ever be looking at your car, you can never gaurantee you wont get flagged for mods.

Safest bet is to get mods blessed/installed by the dealer such as Dinan, or to uninstall everything before each service visit.
I'll try my luck with keeping the mods on and just letting them know. I'll post how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFFLARS12 View Post
Orange county is owned by a bunch of scumbags.

Prestige at least is a dinan dealer. I go to them and purchased my dinantronics sport from them.
You have a better shot with them
right, I'll try prestige then. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
mdai245
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i XDrive

Having went to prestige for a few years, and now park ave, I will say park ave is the more professional of the two, while pristige is more lenient with their loaners.

I would recommend park because they record video evidence of the conditionof every car that enters and leaves, you can text your SA directly for status updates and get a quick response, and they usually get all the details right. Only thing is once they are done with the job, they want the loaner back asap and are inflexible around days they are closed. I.e. you get notified during middle of day and may have to return the car that night if the dealership is closed tmrw.

My first visit to prestige, they got all my paperwork wrong, gave me the wrong loaner car, and someone took a 20 mile ride in my car while changing my equalizer and playlist settings, all for an oil change. Subsequent visits have been without incident, but my car always had more oil and dirt in the cabin each time.
Appreciate 1
WillSkill172.00
      09-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #8
jwalk1877
Rep
Drives: 335i xdrive

+1 For Park Ave in Hackensack. They installed my DP, even though he hinted that it could void the warrantee. The service advisor also mentioned that he had a down pipe and had never seen a failure as a direct correlation to a DP install so theres that...super nice people though
Appreciate 2