F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Vehicle Check Notification - What Does It All Mean!
proTUNING Freaks

09-14-2021, 06:39 PM   #1
hitman65
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 320i

Vehicle Check Notification - What Does It All Mean!

My oil change and vehicle check notifications came up.
The dealer fixed the glitch, but what is it that the Vehicle Check involves? Since I was receiving plenty of texts and emails about my vehicle status during its visit to the dealer, I replied to my service rep asking for the report from the Vehicle Check. No response yet. I assume he's just looking for the right words to explain what it involves. Any ideas?

To their credit, when I asked about installing an AFE intake, he knew what I was talking about, and stated that they're cool with it, both officially/legally, and unofficially.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 10:01 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

It's in your Service and Warranty manual.

I never bothered to have a vehicle check done. There's nothing that I couldn't do myself, for free.

On the subject of intakes most of them have little to no effect on performance. The stock intake is a cold air intake. Any intake where you can see the air filter is not. If what you're after is turbo noise that's OK, just be forewarned that's probably all it will give you.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 11:58 PM   #3
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
On the subject of intakes most of them have little to no effect on performance. The stock intake is a cold air intake. Any intake where you can see the air filter is not. If what you're after is turbo noise that's OK, just be forewarned that's probably all it will give you.
+1 https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1765289
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 06:33 PM   #4
hitman65
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 320i

Very Useful Replies - Thanks

Thanks for both of these replies.

- looked up the work to be performed for the Vehicle Check, and I do agree that it's a waste of money for the most part. However, for the sake of warranty, for my situation it's worth allowing them to perform this, clear the code, and put it in the service records.

- intake - I had read previously on this site about intakes not adding much, but that link to the complete study is golden. I currently have an AFE dry drop-in in the stock airbox, and I will admit I never wish I had marginally more power, but a lot more power, like an M3.

Future plans - will not waste money on an aftermarket intake, but will continue to waste money on dealer service until the CPO warranty expires.
Appreciate 0