F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > From 335i PCP to the NHS :)
GetBMWParts

01-14-2015, 09:32 AM   #177
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Lol agreed, I am in Wolverhampton - reasonable wage is about 12k to 15k full time.

I know engineers in wolves on less than 15k working full time.

The less skilled are on considerably less.

Original from Newcastle, left when 19 back in early 80s as even then unemployment was rife.

Majority of my school year are dotted around the world, with only a small number still in Newcastle.
Just down the road then!!!!

Unfortunately think nowadays all professions are being hit in the salaries. Seen pharmacist rates drop quite considerably due to oversupply by universities opening up new schools of pharmacy to get the cash in. Difficult times for the newly qualified folks!!

Surprised at engineering salaries though assumed/ hoped would be higher. My son Is doing his apprenticeship with JLR and the salaries paid to them is in the same region !
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #178
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal27 View Post
Just down the road then!!!!

Unfortunately think nowadays all professions are being hit in the salaries. Seen pharmacist rates drop quite considerably due to oversupply by universities opening up new schools of pharmacy to get the cash in. Difficult times for the newly qualified folks!!

Surprised at engineering salaries though assumed/ hoped would be higher. My son Is doing his apprenticeship with JLR and the salaries paid to them is in the same region !
JLR are luckily one of the higher pay lot.

Luckily housing does actually reflect pay.

Unlike some places, how young couples (working at Next, Halfords etc) can even think about buying in some areas.

When I left RAF, was offered job down near Hook, but worked out majority of my cash would be on the house and commuting.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 01:14 PM   #179
Siren_G
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp RWD, BMW E39 M5, L

I am an NHS manager on maternity leave after having 2 kids in succession.....currently actively seeking redundancy before moving to the private sector for a 6 figure salary. I'm also married to a fat cat GP involved in commissioning. Queue hate mail.....
I suspect that if the implementation of NHSE's 5 year forward view (with lots of money and strings attached) is not successful, the concept of a national health service that's free to all at point of access will be seriously challenged....the %GDP spent on healthcare is also telling. It could be higher and funding elsewhere could be cut and there are reasons why bigger increases in the budget allocated to date have not occurred.
      01-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #180
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siren_G View Post
I am an NHS manager on maternity leave after having 2 kids in succession.....currently actively seeking redundancy before moving to the private sector for a 6 figure salary. I'm also married to a fat cat GP involved in commissioning. Queue hate mail.....
I suspect that if the implementation of NHSE's 5 year forward view (with lots of money and strings attached) is not successful, the concept of a national health service that's free to all at point of access will be seriously challenged....the %GDP spent on healthcare is also telling. It could be higher and funding elsewhere could be cut and there reasons why there have not been bigger increases in the budget allocated to date.
No hate mail here.

Conservatives applaud success, unlike the polices of envy from the other lot.......
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 01:33 PM   #181
Siren_G
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp RWD, BMW E39 M5, L

I vote conservative all the time. Always have and always will, even when I was homeless on the streets from 16 to 18 (no centrepoint then), I've always been a staunch conservative. So yes I applaud success in others after having nought (I paid for 12 years of education with loans (no student grant then!) and paid it all back.

The NHS is an amazing challenging place. Most doctors (from all specialities) and other health care professionals work incredibly hard. It's often the system and policies in place that can be a source of stress and frustration for both those who are part of it and most importantly the patients that access it.
      01-14-2015, 02:49 PM   #182
Nick the Greek
Banned
France
Rep
Drives: M135i. I don't do diesel.

Quote:
I vote conservative all the time. Always have and always will, even when I was homeless on the streets from 16 to 18 (no centrepoint then), I've always been a staunch conservative. So yes I applaud success in others after having nought (I paid for 12 years of education with loans (no student grant then!) and paid it all back.

The NHS is an amazing challenging place. Most doctors (from all specialities) and other health care professionals work incredibly hard. It's often the system and policies in place that can be a source of stress and frustration for both those who are part of it and most importantly the patients that access it.
I have never met a Doctor or nurse that doesn't work hard.

IMO we have a very financially hungry animal in the NHS that needs a top down comprehensive re think, before it becomes unaffordable.

The problem is that it is a political play thing, that no party has the balls to fundamentally change for the good of all!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 02:51 PM   #183
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick the Greek View Post
I have never met a Doctor or nurse that doesn't work hard.

IMO we have a very financially hungry animal in the NHS that needs a top down comprehensive re think, before it becomes unaffordable.

The problem is that it is a political play thing, that no party has the balls to fundamentally change for the good of all!
+1

That's pretty much it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 04:41 PM   #184
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Quote:

Respect to you for progressing like that. Shame there's not more like you about !!
Appreciate 0