F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Rear Camera Malfunction
Studio RSR

01-31-2019, 01:58 PM   #1
Schultzjp14
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix

Rear Camera Malfunction

Hey all, I recently got my 2013 F30 335. From the Carfax, I saw that a rear camera was installed soon after the original owner bought it. It seems to have been a retrofit that worked seamlessly when I put the car in reverse. Now the screen just goes black when I go in reverse. I tried resetting the idrive. I don't know the first thing about wiring these things up or how they're programmed with the system. There is no warranty, and this dealership will be of no assistance I'm sure. Has anyone dealt with something similar or know what the problem could be? I'm not going to sink a bunch of money into this problem chasing wires, but I'd sure like to have it working again. I'd even be satisfied to have the proximity sensor screen come up instead. Thanks for any advice people may have!
Appreciate 0